z

Young Writers Society

Sailing the Seven Seas *Starting/Not Accepting**

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:42 am
Durriedog says...

Mela and Ryker. Quinn and Jex. And Turtle had caught sight of the cook and Jall, which made sense, he guessed. Everywhere he looked, couples. Maybe he was feeling a little left-out? He looked up at the tangle of ropes around the mast. A pair of birds alighted above his head.

"Oh, rack off," he grumbled, waving his hands.

"Hey, Turtle!" called a voice. Turtle turned and looked for the caller. Jack stood nearby, hand on the wheel.

"'Hoy, Jack," Turtle hollered back.

Jack twisted on the wheel a little before locking it and sauntering down towards Turtle.

"Can I ask you a few questions?" said Jack.

"Sure," Turtle said warily.

"So, this island..." Jack sat next to Turtle. "So, only you and your mother know about it? And your father, I imagine?"

"I'm sure other people knew, but whether they're dead already... Because my dear old pop was a sailor who found the island. And here I am," said Turtle. "Never met the man. Probably dead. But in the world? Me, mum, the crew. Maybe up to three other people."

"Ah-huh," Jack said.

Turtle was suddenly uncomfortable. He was leading strangers towards the island that was his mother's safe haven. Not to mention it was in the Triangle, and a few heroes had met their deaths there. But Turtle knew it all. Thanks again, mum, he thought.

"So what is your mother, that she gets to guard the Fountain?" Jack asked.

"Sea nymph," Turtle replied. "Ex-siren. Which reminds me, we need to stock up on wax when we port." Turtle muttered something very rude about sirens under his breath. Jack let out what might have been a laugh.

"Well, bye, Turtle." Jack got up and walked away. Turtle sighed and grunted.

Jack was odd. Very odd.

The Captain emerged from below deck, and Turtle grinned fakely at her.

"Morning, Captain."
{Insert witty and/or memorable movie quotes here} [Give credit so I don't die by lawyer]

{Follow up with mention of worth-while activity that betters the YWS community}

{Insert link to activity}

{Insert well-humoured internet bribery to entice viewers to join in the activity}

367 Reviews

Reviews: 367
Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:23 am
Mizzle says...

Captain Clare Davies:

The gray eyes were softer than usual, today; more like mist than hail. But there was a storm brewing in her mind, an internal battle. The conflict was the fact that she could barely keep her eyelids open, and she kept having these fuzzy delusions about falling asleep in Turt's arms.

Disturbing, yes.

Frustrated, she shouted, "We'll be stopping here! Dock the boat, ladies and gents. It's time for a shopping trip."

The aforementioned town stood, masses of shouting villagers scurrying back in forth, all in a rush. Clare sighed. Some of these people had never experienced the glory of the seas. For that, she pitied them, and so it was that as Jack set the anchor in the bay, she turned to her crew with a deep-set frown on her face and heavy eyelids.

"Turtle, Mela, Ryker, you're coming with me. Everyone else...make some use of this down-time," she said, and turned on her heel and stepped onto the long brown dock.

It was her first time on land in a long time.
"Chase your dreams, and remember me, speak bravery,
Because after all, those wings will take you up so high."
-- Owl City, "To the Sky"
✯ ✯ ✯

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:35 am
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Ryker

I grabbed Mela by the waist and lifted her onto my shoulder. She thwacked my head -which hurt- but let me hold her there. After about ten seconds, though, we gave up, and instead were walking side by side, my arm around her waist, and her hand on mine.

Turt was walking by Captain, and they seemed to be having a silent conversation. Almost like me and Mel did sometimes. I snickered suddenly, and Mela shot me a look.

"Sorry... Melanie."

She slapped my head so hard... dude. Not even funny.

"Don't call me Melanie!" she snapped, glaring the opposite way.

"Aw, you know you love me," I said in a low voice, so the Captain wouldn't hear. I ran my nail lightly up her arm, and she squeaked. I chuckled, and she rolled her eyes. She drew a circle on the small of my back, and a squeak escaped me that sounded more like Mela than it should have. She snickered.

I rolled my eyes and jogged up closer to Captain and Turt, leading Mela by the hand.

"So, Cap'n, where're we headed?"
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:30 am
Durriedog says...

Some of these men looked unfriendly, at this port. Turtle was wary. His eyes darted everywhere. Although he was nervous to do so, he put his arm around Clare's waist. This is my woman.

"You two, stop frolicing. This is not a paddock, my ponies." Turtle said to Mela and Ryker. Mela winked at him.

"So, Cap'n, where're we headed?" asked Ryker.

"Practicals first, then food," said the Captain. She went on with a list of items absently.

"Rum," said Turtle.

"I was getting to that," said the Captain.

"I know."

God love her.

"You did not."

"I've known you for years, Clare my girl, I did know."

"Stop arguing with me."

"...Yes ma'am."
{Insert witty and/or memorable movie quotes here} [Give credit so I don't die by lawyer]

{Follow up with mention of worth-while activity that betters the YWS community}

{Insert link to activity}

{Insert well-humoured internet bribery to entice viewers to join in the activity}

367 Reviews

Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:54 am
Mizzle says...

Captain Clare Davies:

"Yes, ma'am."

Rolling her eyes, the blonde woman became Clare Davies, momentarily leaving the title of Captain up in the air. Leaning into Turtle's side, she smiled joyously. Most everything was perfect, flawless...except that brother of hers. She sighed, and saw Turtle look down at her in concern.

"Something wrong?" He whispered so Mela and Ryker wouldn't hear the question.

Clare gave him a small smile.

"Everything's fine," she said, leaning into his side once again...for more than just support.

~*~
✯ ✯ ✯

367 Reviews

Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:01 am
Mizzle says...

**I want to see some more posting!**
✯ ✯ ✯

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:16 am
Razcoon says...

Me too. But I are confused 'bout the setting. Help?! Oh, and I haven't spotted the rare Jex post in a long time...*Hint-double-hint*]
Ideas don't stay in heads very long because they don't like solitary confinement.

367 Reviews

Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:16 am
Mizzle says...

*Confused? PM me.*
✯ ✯ ✯

367 Reviews

Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:21 pm
View Likes
Mizzle says...

*I want to see some posts, guys!*
✯ ✯ ✯

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:28 pm
eldEr says...

Hmm... I'm posting, taking a shot in the dark xD I don't really know what's happening, if something's wrong, just let me know. It'll be short though... =/

JEX

Good Lord, we were back on land! How long had it been since I had been on land? I took Quinn's hand, grinning. There was a tap on my shoulder and I turned to see Tess, eyebrow arched. "Yes?" I asked, chuckling. She looked so irritated.

"Am I allowed to come along? Or do I have to stay on this stinkin' ship?" she asked, crossing her arms across her chest.

I laughed. "I don't see why you can't come. Nobody's tied you to a railing yet, have they?"

She shrugged and moved to the other side of Quinn and started blabbering about...something I wasn't really paying much attention to if I was to be completely honest. I was still too thrilled with the prospect of immortality with Quinn to be concerned about much else. Not to mention everybody seemed to have very much forgotten about me being tied to a railing. Beautiful.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

114 Reviews

Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:40 pm
Razcoon says...

[So sorry it's so short!]

Quinn

"So we're back on land? Supply stop?"

"Yeah," I answer Tess. She goes on about something, but I'm not paying attention. I feel sick; I haven't been on land for a long time, and I completely lost my land legs. Really, I'm leaning on Jex completely for support.
Ideas don't stay in heads very long because they don't like solitary confinement.

114 Reviews

Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:47 am
Razcoon says...

OH MY GOD if this dies I am going to kill someone! [By far my favorite storybook!] For reals? More pirate SBs need to happen! They need to HAPPEN!

367 Reviews

Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:27 am
Mizzle says...

Captain Clare Davies:

They strolled about the small town, the Captain and Turtle leading. Behind them were Mela, whom was giggling, and Ryker, who was holding her hand and swinging it. Something about the gesture announced to the rest of the world that Mela was his, and judging by her expression, she liked it.

Clare sighed wistfully, looking at her own hand, and then at Turtle, who didn't get the hint.

"Uh - Captain?" Mela's voice, spare the giggles.

The Captain paused midstride, but didn't turn. "Yes, Mela?"

"I think I just saw your father."
✯ ✯ ✯

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:24 am
eldEr says...

JEX

"You alright Quinn?" I asked sofly. My shoulder was falling asleep, and well, she just didn't look too good.

"I'm fine," she muttered, straightening out slightly.

I shook my head. "I don't believe you." And I didn't. Her face was a sickly green colour, and her skin was clammy. Land-sickness...that sounded so stupid, but I supposed that that's what it was. Tess was snickering all-knowingly beside Quinn, and I bent over, tucking right arm behind her knees and my left on her back to scoop her up.

"What are you doing?" she asked.

Tess snickered again and I grinned.

"I dunno, what does it look like I'm doing?"

"It's Jex for "I love you"," Tess announced, giggling.

I rolled my eyes and nodded. "Aye, I s'pose it is."
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

114 Reviews

Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:39 am
Razcoon says...

Quinn

I cross my arms defiantly. "Put me down! Right now!" I growl.

"Does this mean you don't love me too?" He says with mock-hurt.

Glaring at the ground, I sigh angrily. It is a lot easier to deal with the rocking motion of Jex's walking, but I want down! My stomach hasn't stopped churning... "Seriously unless you want me to vomit on you put me down!" He actually listens and sets me down. I crawl back to the ocean and empty the contents of my stomach in the water. Surprisingly, Jex picks me right back up after.

"Love you too," I mumble. Jex and Tess both chuckle.

He who has a why to live for can bear with almost any how.
— Friedrich Nietzsche