z

Young Writers Society

Oh God I hate this

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:16 am
Sponson Light says...

You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:45 pm
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

this is an awsome poem sponson, were did you come up with that. we are actualy "typing poems" right now so i came here to look at some good poetry and get some ideas. good stuff, keep writing. :D

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:04 am
Snip Snip says...

I like the yoda-ish way of speaking that you use. But I had to re-read the last couple verses before I got them, might wanna rephrase a couple things so they are... less yoda-ish!
so give me all your poison,
and give me all your pills,
if this is what you want then
FIRE AT WILL

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:32 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

Ditto Snip Snip, although Yoda is truly awesome. It seemed as if you structured lines this way just for the sake of rhyming. The rhyming scheme, is interesting though, it's not one I come across often. I do like the concept of the poem as a whole, but the rhyming seemed a bit off...and "a detention i inevitably get" really didn't seem to flow. Also I think you could expand on this, as the ending seemed a little abrupt-maybe some more detail about feelings etc, I think you could make something really creepy that way.
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:39 am
Sponson Light says...

Yoda speak?

I envitable get a detention, paraphrasing is A detention I enevitably get.
Just switch the parts of the sentence.

Yoda I speak not is like this.

Yeah my endings are abrupt. Meh. Itll smooth out sooner or later. Im working on it.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

Random avatar

Reviews: 212
Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:08 am
timjim77 says...

Violent.

Most people ignore most poetry because most poetry ignores most people.
— Adrian Mitchell