First Kissess and Innocent Wishes

92 Reviews

Reviews: 92
Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:39 pm
anna91423 says...

The making of a wish,
Is often better than it coming true.
The anticipation of the kiss,
Is often better than the boy kissing you.

Find the star that shines most bright,
Close your eyes extra tight,
Wish a wish of innocence before,
The moment ends and his lips touch yours.

Just don't be disappointed when you find,
Kisses often taste better, when dreamt of by wishful minds.
"Books are the ultimate dumpees: put them down and they'll wait for you forever; pay attention to them and they will always love you back." John Green

"And in that moment, I swear we were infinite." Stephen Chbosky

249 Reviews

Reviews: 249
Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:11 pm
murtuza says...

Hey anna :)

I love this poem. It's sweet and I love the ending! Great job and I hope your sister has learnt this valuable lesson you've laid out for her. I enjoyed this!

Murtuza
:)
It's not about the weight of what's spoken.
It's about being heard.

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:35 pm
LemonyIce says...

Hellooooooo...... I am here. To. REVIEW!! XD Okay then, let's get started. First off, your poem had a really good concept and I enjoyed reading it. It was short and sweet and I wanted to read it till the end. However, your rhyme scheme was a little wrong. Let me show you:

The making of a wish,
is often better than it coming true.
The anticipation of the kiss,
is often better than the boyperson kissing you.

Here, your rhyme scheme goes like A, B, A, B. And it's good.

Find the star that shines most bright.
Close your eyes extra tight.
Wish a wish of innocence before,
the moment ends and his their lips touch yours.

But here, your rhyme scheme becomes A, A, B, B. It's inconsistent. Why don't you try following one rhyme scheme? Secondly, all your lines begin with capital letters. Only if your previous line ends with a full stop, your next line begins with a capital. I've already done that in those stanzas so you can see what I mean. Also, in the first stanza, last line (as you can see) I replaced "boy" with "person" because I thought it would be better if you don't specify gender. I did the same to the last line for the second stanza. And your last lines:

Kisses often taste better, when dreamt of by wishful minds.

I think this should be written like this:

that kisses often taste better,
when dreamt of by a wishful minds.

I thought it would be better to divide into three lines otherwise he second one would be too long. Overall, good poem, good concept. Also, make minds into mind so that it rhymes. If you want it to rhyme. Not that it doesn't rhyme but adding 's' at the end doesn't make it rhyme that well. :smt040 Hope I helped! And if I was too harsh, Sorry!
Keep Writing!
~HPR~
I'd rather waltz than just walk through the forest.
The trees keep the tempo and they sway in time.
Quartet of crickets chime in for the chorus.
If I were to pluck on your heart strings would you strum on mine?

~Plant Life, Owl City

92 Reviews

Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:11 pm
anna91423 says...

Thanks for the reviews... I hope she's learnt the lesson too ;)

Interesting ideas HarryPotter Rocks, I'll definitely make it less gender specific and I did like the idea of making the last stanza 3 lines. I know what you were saying about the rhyme scheme but I made it inconsistent on purpose to emphasize the message of naivity and innocence. Do you think I should change that or make it more obvious?

"Books are the ultimate dumpees: put them down and they'll wait for you forever; pay attention to them and they will always love you back." John Green

92 Reviews

Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:12 pm
anna91423 says...

Thanks for the reviews... I hope she's learnt the lesson too ;)

Interesting ideas HarryPotter Rocks, I'll definitely make it less gender specific and I did like the idea of making the last stanza 3 lines. I know what you were saying about the rhyme scheme but I made it inconsistent on purpose to emphasize the message of naivity and innocence. Do you think I should change that or make it more obvious?

Random avatar

Reviews: 6
Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:08 pm
crazedasian1 says...

I really loved this poem and even though it was short, you really got the point through. You are a really talented writer. Keep writing!
We can aspire to anything, but we don't get it just 'cause we want it.' I would rather spend my life close to the birds than waste it wishing I had wings.
-Eli Attie

Proud people breed sad sorrows for themselves.
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights