z

Young Writers Society

how many novels do you own?

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:08 am
AstrangedbeaR says...

curiosity is killing the cat, so how much novels do you YWS members own?
i counted mine, i think i own over 35 books, about twenty of them novels, but it increases every week or fortnight, and the collection is growing...
*AstrangedbeaR*

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:20 am
Cassandra says...

Um...I've never actually counted...a lot, I'd think: while my cousins were asking for toys and gift cards for Christmas, I was asking for books. And whenever I really like a book I've gotten from the library, I'll go out and buy it, so...yeah. A lot. :D

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:26 am
David Guinness says...

I really don't know. I lost bookshelf space a long time ago, so I've got some in boxes and under my bed... I would estimate over two hundred books, all in all, a good portion of them novels.

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:27 am
Meshugenah says...

Um.. oh lord. Over a hundred, I'd guess.. no, make that two hundred.

Yep.

At least. I'll have to get a few pictures of my bookcases to prove it. And yes, I have read every one of them, too.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:40 am
bubblewrapped says...

Um....lots....and lots...I collect books, so I have about 50 collectables, plus around 50 various YA books which I enjoy (e.g. Artemis Fowl etc) and then there are the classics (havent read them all yet, but I collect them when I see them, so that I can, hehe) of which I have around 100...or so...I have a complete bookshelf full, plus at least 5 boxes. Heh. **coughs** And I get more all the time.
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:16 am
Nate says...

Of the books that are mine and that I actually read... probably pushing 300. If you include the books that are mine but didn't read, around 350. But if you include all the books in my house, it's probably a few thousand. My dad has a few books dating back to the 1700s, and the rest is really just what the Caldwell's have collected (and wrote) over the years.

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:20 am
Caligula's Launderette says...

Of my own personal library, let me check my database, 620 books, but if you count all in my house probably around 800.

And like Mesh I have read everyone, at least once. I, too, have pictures of my old room which held all my books.
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:00 pm
AstrangedbeaR says...

Caligula's Launderette wrote:Of my own personal library, let me check my database, 620 books, but if you count all in my house probably around 800.

And like Mesh I have read everyone, at least once. I, too, have pictures of my old room which held all my books.

620 books! wow, that's pretty impressive. your room must look like a library. how many years of bying books does this pan over? let me guess, two, three...or maybe more?
i admire you for your devotion to literature...lol.
*AstrangedbeaR*

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:04 pm
Doctor Kitty says...

Uh....

Two.

:(

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:33 pm
Myth says...

I always thought I had hundreds of books but I only have about 50 or less. I don't tend to buy books anymore, I borrow from the library first before deciding to get my own copy.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:51 pm
Snoink says...

O_o

My bookcase is crammed, so I'm using my desk as a place to stuff books. Consiering that there's about five layers of books all crammed in ther, I'm not quite sure it would be good to answer that question...
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:32 pm
Dream Deep says...

Well...

A long long long long time ago I ran out of room on my bookcases do now half the floor by my nightstand has been converted to a floorlevel book case... rows of books satcked up against the wall so they won't fall down. Hehe.

It's mainly old sci-fi and fantasy from when CJ Cherryh was my faovrite author, and there's a lot of Russian literature, Dostovevsky and Chekhov and Tolstoy (I want a book by Gogol but I can't seem to find it)... a lot of philosophy and Marcus Aurelius, a lot of Anthologies of Short Stories and of course, writing books. ^_^

I have the Art of War, too, in there somewhere, along with something on Bushido and The Life and Battles of Saigo Takamori, but lol, I can't seem to find them. o.O

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:40 pm
Ares says...

I have a lot, probably about forty or so, mostly novels, some guidebooks, a few text books, some handheld type stuff you could stick in your pocket.

It's great. Having to move them all sucked though.

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:02 pm
Poor Imp says...

I suppose...four bookshelves full, though absolutely all novels or fiction - I've never counted. There are a couple dozen at least floating around wherever it is - either home or elsewhere.

But books are like people in that, once you know them, they can't be a number without perplexing. 0o
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:24 pm
Meshugenah says...

hehe, I did a quick count, and of the ones out in my room, I have 350-400. That's not counting the ones I have under my bed and in storage, though most of those aren't novels...

Ta, Kelle.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

No man or woman who tries to pursue an ideal in his or her own way is without enemies.
— Daisy Bates