z

Young Writers Society

People You Just Feel You Should Write About

675 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 675
Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:23 am
lilymoore says...

Do you ever just see someone and think to yourself, “I need to write their story.”? Every now and then, it happens where I see someone and I really am compelled to write a story all about them.

Like this little girl in the elementary at my school. She’s actually a distant cousin of mine but whenever I see her, she has this odd, sweet wisdom in her eyes and it’s absolutely charming. I don’t know if it’s partly because she’s had to grow up with a dad who was recently paralyzed from the neck down or if she’s just a very special little girl but I always want to write about her.

Or this guy who’s working on the water line in town named Matt. He’s so amazingly good looking but he acts like such a child. Something about him is physically inspiring and I want to know his story so bad.

So, if you ever see people like this, what is it about them that makes you want to write about them?
Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

315 Reviews

Reviews: 315
Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:54 am
Navita says...

Do you ever just see someone and think to yourself, “I need to write their story.”?

All the time. And I do, eventually, I do.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:55 am
Kibble says...

Yes, and places or objects too. I guess most of the things that appeal to my are old and/or mysterious. Like an abandoned building with strange logos painted on it, or a lady writing longhand in a notebook.
"You are altogether a human being, Jane? You are certain of that?"
"I conscientiously believe so, Mr Rochester."
~ Jane Eyre

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:24 am
fries says...

There are people(places and objects, too) that are very interesting and I do want to know their story. But I don't feel the need to write about their story- I would feel like drawing them and their symbols.
For instance- A while back my mom, my sisters, and me where driving home. All of a sudden we see a dog running into the street, and my mom instantly pressed the brake. There was this mom(Ive only seen her twice), in a wheelchair, covering the eyes of her daughter. I cant get that image out of my head, for some reason, and it just looked so i don't know. The mother just looked so frightened, and the thought that came to my head is that she was protecting her daughter(that would be her symbol in quoting). Its a beautiful image to me.
... Lol, sorry to have bore you, but yeah :) But imaginating these types of things as drawings help me to see more of the characters.
-fRiEs
If you love something, let it go.
If it was meant to be, it will come back to you.]

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:19 am
Prokaryote says...

Do you ever just see someone and think to yourself, “I need to write their story.”?

No.

369 Reviews

Reviews: 369
Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:02 pm
Conrad Rice says...

Prokaryote wrote:

No.

Ditto.
Garrus Vakarian is my homeboy.

News is not a game show. You don't win a car if you happen to be right.
— John Oliver