z

Young Writers Society

Looking for a Team

Random avatar

Reviews: 9
Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:34 pm
Scion of Fangor says...

Furnace Games will be an open source 28mm tabletop wargame with a firm backing in unique background. The game will be built from the ground up, utilising unique ideas. Though familiar names like "Orc" or "Elf" will appear, don't let this dissuade you. Furnace Background will be unique, as will our take on these cliche beings.

I'm looking to assemble a team of five - six writers to develop the background for these games. We've already designed the concepts of the first four races, Elves, Dwarves, Men and a sort of Dragon race. You will need to be able to write in the same style as everyone else (to a reasonable degree). If anyone is interested please apply below and head to the forum at: http://thefurnace.webs.com.

Enjoy!
GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

553 Reviews

Reviews: 553
Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:45 pm
MiaParamore says...

I am little confused about what this actually is. Can you just tell me more? What will be my role if I join?
"Next time you point a finger
I might have to bend it back
Or break it, break it off
Next time you point a finger
I'll point you to the mirror"

— Paramore

Random avatar

Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:14 pm
Scion of Fangor says...

Your role would be to write the Background for a tabletop miniature war-game. I know this is a rather specialized sort of thing, but extremely satisfying. This work will be available free over the internet. This thread is asking for people to join in, as the current team haven't expressed much of an interest in writing.
GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

553 Reviews

Reviews: 553
Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:22 pm
MiaParamore says...

Table top war game? What's that? Sorry to ask this but I really don't know.
"Next time you point a finger
I might have to bend it back
Or break it, break it off
Next time you point a finger
I'll point you to the mirror"

— Paramore

Random avatar

Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:28 am
Scion of Fangor says...

Ever heard of Warhammer? You have groups of miniature figures you've stuck together and painted. You move them around using a rules system and try to kill the other guys figures. On a table or Table sized board.

In the winter months, snowstorms and rainfall in the Patagonian Ice Fields can drastically affect the landscape. Worsened by heavy winds, such storms can reduce visibility and lead to glacial calving, ice collapses, and avalanches. During these conditions, travel is not advised.
— The Documentarian