z

Young Writers Society

Love Stories

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:39 am
SilentOllie says...

A question: how do you make love stories without them sounding sappy and way to over done? I'm trying to find a way to do that, and yet, it's just so difficult for me to write out what I want to, and making it sound realistic and not some mushy over emotional piece of writing. Any advice or tips? :D

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:36 am
wonderingkate says...

Hey, Ollie! I know your new, and so am I, so I don't know, but I think there is a specific place for questions. Anyway, to try and answer your question, I think you should just write out a story, doing the best you know how to do. Post it on here, and I know you will end up getting awesome advice. When you post it, PM me and I will be happy to review. Good luck!

-Kate
"Sometimes it is said that man cannot be trusted with the government of himself. Can he, then, be trusted with the government of others?"

-Thomas Jefferson

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:38 pm
Rosendorn says...

There are several places for questions, and fiction questions can be placed right here. :)

You might want to try this article on soppy scenes.

Hope this helps!

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:00 am
Caytlin says...

Close your eyes.
Think of someone you love, someone you have loved, or someone you just have a crush on.
Think of what you would do with them. how would you kiss them? how would you hold them?
if romantic fiction holds true to anything you might do yourself, it'll hardly sound sappy. ~hope this helps!

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:07 pm
Kelcia says...

In my oppinion, take it slow. It is hard to write a their-eyes-met-across-a-crowded-room-and-they-instantly-fell-in-love type of story, and very hard to enjoy, for me at least. It should be natural. No full out snogging the minute they meet. It's unreal, and kind of awkward. It should be like a real relationship - full of twists, turns and pot holes.

Hope I've helped.
-Kelcia
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Is it just me, or are the plot bunnies taking advantage of my ADD?

OmnomnomRandomPlotDetourOmnomnom

Right.

Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness.
— Bishop Desmond Tutu