z

Young Writers Society

Does this sound good?

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:38 pm
KayKel16 says...

Nevermind, really. I'll write it and then get your opinions. It's much easier that way.
Last edited by KayKel16 on Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
-James Dean

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:04 pm
fhwdf says...

I can't really tell much about it from this, but yes, if I picked up a book with that on the back (a blurb, by the way) I would read it. I'm interested in the 'unworldly' thing, which you haven't written much about but which would obviously be a big part of the book. And then at the end... 'Believe' what? That's confusing.
"What if, doctor, we need these knots and these tangles because they're the only things holding our souls down - and if we untied the knots and untangled the tangles and stretched them out ... would our souls just float away?"
~Luke Kennard, A Practical Course in Entry Level Expressionism

197 Reviews

Reviews: 197
Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:35 pm
Jetpack says...

I think this is a bit too confusing. You mention winning in the last line; winning against what exactly? Believing, as fhwdf said, in what exactly? The "something unworldly" is passable, though still a bit vague. To be honest, I'd take the advice recommended here and just write some of this. Assuming that you have a better idea of where this is going than this blurb implies, I'd say just get on and write a little bit of it. :)

I just want to be the side character in a book that basically steals the whole series.
— avianwings47