z

Young Writers Society

Ideas

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:04 am
Magic Man says...

Please, I am in need of a plot!!! So send in any inspirational pictures, sentences (preferably one liners), monsters (werewolf, vampire, elf etc.) or any thing that could give me ideas even things that help you get ideas. PLEASE!!!

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:14 pm
Master_Yoda says...

I once wrote an article on building your story. If you want to take a look at it, it can be found here:
topic45759.html

I hope the above helps. You can invent your own story about anything at all!

Have a great one! :)
#TNT

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
-- Robert Frost

I review your reviews: viewtopic.php?f=188&t=94522

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:58 pm
Pretty Crazy says...

OK it sounds like your stuck. I'm sure you have interests, but that doesn't mean you have an idea right?. Believe me I know.
I kind of made up a saying:

No one else is going to write your story, so just do it.

In other words, just write. Take even your slightest idea and start writing. It will grow.
Hope this helps! Sorry if it doesn't!
OK I'm done. :smt003
Looking for someone who won't disappoint you?
Look to Jesus.:)

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:56 pm
Lauren2010 says...

Plot is a very tricky little thing. It can come and go, change, and re-invent itself. Generally, you can get by with just writing until a cute little plot bunny hops on by and then go back and form your story around that.

If that doesn't do it for ya, then there are certainly other options that can be quite entertaining and may cause you to start seven projects at once...guilty as charged. :P

1) Take a situation, any situation, as mundane as you wish, and think of a way to make it better. For example, I'm sitting in my room typing along on the computer (on YWS of course, :P). What can make this exciting? Something large and/or particularly powerful and odd comes crashing through my wall.

Wow, that was actually pretty interesting..hah

2)Imagine the world a different way from how it is now. Change little things, or big things. Change the color the sky is, change how people get around, invent a whole new system of government. Then adapt things to live in this new fantastical environment. Make something catastrophic happen. Screw up lives. It can be fun. :)

3) Draw a map. Yes, this sounds too off topic which it might be if the idea of creating a different world for your story is absolutely horrendous to you. Anyways, draw a map. Make at least 3 countries, 1 mountain range, 1 large body of water, and 3 large rivers. Now, take those countries and make them different from eachother.

You should end up with three countries that are different enough that conflict is arroused and bingo: plot bunny.

This stuff all works for me, but basically its what works best for you. Good luck, and I hope I helped. :)
Got YWS?

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:21 pm
Khe Sahn says...

You know what? I am going to give you some stimulus that doesn't fit into the fantasy genre. mean, you've got to expand your subject topics, in my opinion. A writer who can write multiple topics is a writer indeed! Anyway, here's the stimulus:
http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/article ... 327462.jpg
This is a minority of soldiers fighting against a very large group. These knights look well disciplined and are in uniform. Maybe elite soldiers. You work something out. Maybe this is the start of the book, the soldiers on an urgent message, only to be struck down by hundreds of soldiers, taking dozens with them. I know that's not much of an idea, but hey, you said any idea, so there!
99% of people die when killed. If you are in the 1% who doesn't, put this in your signature.

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
— George Santayana