z

Young Writers Society

Give me the opinions... [:

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:43 pm
KayKel16 says...

On this idea. You have probably viewed this before, with a different idea posted. That's why two comments are still there. It was for the old idea. Remember that, please! Well, I didn't like that one so much anymore. But I've just thought of another! FYI: The name is the girly version of a guy one? I think, but its spelled girly!
_____

In Ireland, set back in the 1800's, Rowyn is living her life to the fullest. Making sure she works on her studies, succeeding in them all. Keeping up with her relations, making sure they don't falter. She attends The Young Women's Academy, and one day while she's roaming the halls, she gets transported somewhere totally unknown to her own world. And for some reason, her same-aged caretaker, Evelyn, came with her. Together they find out things, that aren't even believable. Rowyn is a vampire, but not your average one, and a soul taker. Finding souls, still with their bodies, that are troubled and helping the soul 'repair' itself. But when she doesn't do that, she's gets weaker and weaker close to death in the end. Can she do as Vampiric Soul Taker's Inc. tells her and go home?

______

What do you think? Enough info to tell? I'm perrrty sure it is [:

The names and places aren't permanent. But we'll see. I've started it out already, but aimed in to be something different than above. And the vampire part, she doesn't need blood, she needs to save the souls. Totally different then blood, and other types you've seen. So yeah, please give opinions! Thank you.
Last edited by KayKel16 on Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:52 am, edited 7 times in total.
"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
-James Dean

119 Reviews

Reviews: 119
Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:23 pm
roon says...

This could get cliche, if you don't write it well, I can't really say more, as you don't give a lot of information. If you told us a little more, I would be able to give a better idea. Also, I think unless this girl is evil, she would probably choose Angel, you would have to work hard explaining why she would even consider being a full vampire if you were to make it believable. What are the pros and cons of each one? Are you going to reinvent the stereotypes? Let me know if you write and post it, as it does sound intriguing, but as I say, it will have to be written well, and you'll have to work quite hard at it. Also, this terrible thing? What's that? Expand?

~ Roon
The worst tragedy for a poet is to be admired through being misunderstood.

~ Jean Cocteau

436 Reviews

Reviews: 436
Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:42 pm
AquaMarine says...

Ok, this could get really cliched. However, if you write it well then it could be amazing. But when you have a story such as this one you'll have to think very carefully about twists, storylines and characters you're going to put in it. But it could turn out very well.
Good luck!
Aqua X
"It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want."

-Spock.

Click if you love cookies

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:46 pm
Lauren2010 says...

My only advice is to scrap calling her a "vampire" because from what you say it doesn't sound very vampirish. And people are getting tired of the "not your average vampire" thing (ex. Twilight). The whole soul taker thing could be brilliant though! Stick to that, and forget about your non-vampirish vampires.

Also, the name Vampire Soul Takers Inc. It sounds kind of...fluffy puff clouds and unicorns. Plus, you already know how I feel about the vampire part. Maybe think of a different name to suit the tone of your story. If the tone is mystical/creepy find a creepier name. If the tone is humerous, then something like this could work.

I'd like to read some of this if you post it on YWS, it has some great potential!

Good Luck!
Got YWS?

197 Reviews

Reviews: 197
Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:00 pm
Jetpack says...

I agree with all that Lauren said, but figured I'd add my penny's worth as well. Mine just concerns the way your characters are transported to this other world. I, personally, don't like other worlds and dimensions if they can be avoided. That part's just me, but here it seems like you just decided you were going to chuck your characters into another world simply because you wanted to. Maybe you can give me a bit more info on that front, but since I don't know any better at the moment, I van only advise you to make sure you write that scene well enough for another world to seem necessary.

Also, you'll have to watch the dialogue. The historical fiction element of this might make your dialogue stilted, and then we have the vampire thing as well, which adds up to a lot of formality. So you'll have to be careful there.

As for the vampire part, I agree with Lauren2010. Your character sounds nothing like a vampire, so don't just hurt yourself by calling her that. I'm also wondering how Rowyn finds out she needs to suck souls to live. Surely shed be dead if it took her that long to find out how to survive? Anyway, I wish you luck with this.

You are not the voice in your mind, but the one who is aware of it.
— Eckhart Tolle