I write in the woods on a fallen tree
or in my room
or in my back yard
-SaraRose

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:15 am
JFW1415 says...

Wherever my computer is. XD I can't write by hand.

~JFW1415

96 Reviews

Reviews: 96
Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:16 pm
flytodreams says...

Ew, I hate writing by hand.

I write on my computer, which is in the living room. Nice for getting used to working in a noisy environment. :lol:
Be yourself; everybody else is already taken.

I came, I saw, I conquered.

When you're being nice to your character, you're being bad to your book.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:46 pm
Emerson says...

I'm also a computer worker, but I think everywhere. Thinking about my stories are just important as writing them. Sometimes I have to spend hours just thinking to figure out what I'm writing, or where I'm going next, or who my characters really are. I like being outside and doing that because then I don't get bothered. I also do it in class to ignore my teachers. ^-^
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:28 pm
GryphonFledgling says...

I write either on my computer at my desk or on my bed with a notebook. I can't wait to get a laptop, because then I'll be able to work on my computer on my bed! :)
I am reminded of the babe by you.

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:33 pm
ProfessorRabbit says...

Wherever I am. Sometimes, when I'm walking home, I get an idea, and I have to type it into my cell phone! lol, it's a real pain, and I really wish I'd gotten a phone with a slide-out keyboard like they have.
Frylock, please, no books! I can't read; I'm not a loser!
-Master Shake

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:14 pm
Reason Invalid says...

I write at my computer. If I write by hand, I usually make more mistakes and my brain refuses to process properly. D: However, if I must write by hand, I could usually some how make do... But that wouldn't really happen unless it's schoolwork.
It is only when dissonance plays one will find pleasure in consonance.
topic34094.html <-- Free Reviews

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:59 am
PerforatedxHearts says...

I have a limited computer time [1hr30min] per day, so I do the majority of my writing in longhand.

Day: in my room at my desk by the window. XD

Night:

-Computer time: on the computer, of course. I type when I can and when I'm not distracted by Myspace, YWS, RP forums, etc. ;)

-Nightnight: [After I get off the computer] I usually write at my desk until about 10:30 or 11 PM in the summer, not sure how long I'll stay up during school time.

-Nightnightnight: [All hours after I'm supposed to be in bed] Uhmm, this may sound a bit awkward, but after my mom makes me turn off the lights and go to bed, I go to my closet. Yes, my closet, because she can see if I've got a light on in my room. So I hide there, and I bring my mp3 and a book with me and I try to write. Usually I get something useful done, only because I'm a night writer and an overall night person. And because music rocks. Sometimes it gets a bit stuffy, but there's not much in there that allows for distractions, there's no windows, and I'm really a bit more focused than I would be at my desk.

Yes. The secret night life of Ree. :]
"Video games don't affect kids. If Pacman had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music." --anonymous/banner.

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:12 am
Meep says...

As others have said, I write wherever the computer is. In my dorm room, in my bedroom, in the library, outside on the quad ... it's one of the many advantages of having a laptop.

However, if there's no computer, I'm not writing. On rare, rare occasions I'll get a craving to write with a certain medium, but those times are few and far between.
βœ– I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:10 am
Clo says...

I write in my snuggly chair downstairs, on my bed (which is layered with pillows), or at my dorm room desk. Like everyone says, where the computer is. More importantly I think the questioned should be asked what sort of ATMOSPHERE you need to be in to write.
How am I not myself?

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:50 am
sofi says...

Haha I'm exactly the same as ProfessorRabbit with having to type things into my phone when i get an idea. I mostly just write wherever I get an idea for something. I starting carrying a notebook in my bag with a pen so I can write something down when I have an idea.

Otherwise I just sit on my bed and write on my laptop :D
'Don't you just love these long rainy afternoons in New Orleans when an hour isn't just an hour but a little bit of Eternity dropped into your hands- and who knows what to do with it?'
T.W.

168 Reviews

Reviews: 168
Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:25 pm
Swottielottie says...

I'm the same. I usually type on my bed on my laptop or in my living room. I always seem to write better on the computer than I do by hand. Well, that's what I think anyway. But there are bonuses to both ways.

Laptop: All neat and typed up :D, online thesaurus/dictionary etc Bad: MSN! I'm always distracted.

By hand: Easier to be creative, I can doodle as well(!) Bad: Messy handwriting: Have to type it up later :(
I sometimes write ideas down in my notebook when I'm in a car or really bored.

194 Reviews

Reviews: 194
Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:12 pm
Sela Locke says...

I don't usually hold pencil or pen right, so my hand gets cramped easily. I feel silly repeating it, since others have said so too, but I only write with paper on very rare occasions. Typing's always worked better for me.

Unluckily, having five sibling and the PC in the KITCHEN, it's almost impossible to concentrate sometimes. And then there's all that reading-over-your-shoulder crud. Pooh. ;-;

Fortunately, I'm getting my own Macbook soon, so I'll be able to write more places! Especially outside, though. I can't wait for that. The fresh sea breeze'll help for sure. =DD
Well, I can't eat muffins in an agitated manner. The butter would probably get on my cuffs. One should always eat muffins quite calmly. It is the only way to eat them.

--Algernon, The Importance of Being Earnest

Reviews: 4
Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:15 pm
hamerkid2 says...

i write on my laptop in my room.

usually with music playing too.
-Hamerkid2

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:41 pm
Spazztardchild says...

I normally write on my Computer, in the spare bedroom, with Itunes' "Party Shuffle" blasting out.

I do hand-write things though; at school when I'm meant to be listening, in one of those WH Smith A5 notepads. Sadly, I have horrible hand writing! *Often wonders how Teachers mark my work if they can not read it.*
I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
Graffito

It made me LOLums

Why can't I put the entire Bee Movie in the quote generator? Would you prefer if I put in the Shrek script instead?
— CaptainJack