z

Young Writers Society

A Series of Songfics

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:48 pm
Lilith says...

The whole idea is to find something creative to do as a side project while I work on Please Don't Rest Tonight (check it out, you know you should). And the first idea that came to mind was to do a series of songfics based on some of my fave tunes (being of the punkie, indie veriety). Anyway, songs like "Build God Then We'll Talk" by Panic at the Disco and "Her Portrait in Black" Atreyu. I was wondering, though, does this sound like an idea that would attract a reading fanbase???
Duffy -- "Watch out for Jesse, he wants what he can't have."
Emily -- "Oh boy, he can have me."
Duffy -- "Figures..."

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:54 pm
Krupp says...

I think you need to explain in a more proper sense for people like me what exactly a songfic is; is it fiction based off of lyrics? If that's the case, then shoot for it.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:12 pm
Lilith says...

In a sense, yeah, thats what a songfic is. I've read some that follow the lyrics step by step and others that carry the general idea but develope into something more unique and lively (just my opinion). But yeah, thats about the jist, stories bases on songs.
Duffy -- "Watch out for Jesse, he wants what he can't have."
Emily -- "Oh boy, he can have me."
Duffy -- "Figures..."

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:45 pm
unsterblichkeit36 says...

ususally i play music(mostly a mixed cd) when i write to get ideas off of the lyrics. In one of my stories the girl cants see her old town because "the last look back is black" i was listening to black by tokio hotel at the time
-SaraRose

A big mountain of sugar is too much for one man. I can see now why God portions it out in those little packets.
— Homer Simpson