z

Young Writers Society

Reading Journals

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:24 pm
chocoholic says...

I have a big notebook next to my bed where I write about the books I read (not all of them, every second or third). I write about what happened and how it ended, then what I thought of the characters (were they believeable, well-devaloped, did thet stay true to the character), the style of writing (tense, person) and then whether I would recommend the book to other people and read more by the same author.

Do any of you do this/anything like this?
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:29 pm
Emerson says...

I do this with a live journal: http://the-reader42.livejournal.com/

I actually need to update it today...

I mark everything I've read, I rant about it, I talk about it, I rant about general reading, and books, my thoughts, etc. I love how organized and pretty my live journal looks... I like having the journal because then I can go back and remember what I thought of a book, and what it was like. XD I tend to forget things like that. It's also really nice to see how much I can read in a certain amount of time.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:37 pm
Meep says...

I keep meaning to start a log of everything I read [for pleasure]. I think it might be one of my New Year's resolutions for 2008. *procrastinate*

I do often mention what I'm reading in my normal journal though, which is a start.
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:39 pm
Leja says...

I think about doing that every once in a while... and then don't, for whatever reason. But thanks for reminding me again! :D If it's my book, I tend to write right in it, though.

193 Reviews

Reviews: 193
Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:21 am
EnchantressMuffin says...

I sort of do that... I mean, I read the book, and I think about it, but I don't write it down. I just remember it.

Oh, wait. Once I wrote down a list of good and bad points of some books I read, and how things began. I think I threw it out, though.

Peace, love, chocolate,
Muffin

124 Reviews

Reviews: 124
Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:21 pm
Saphira says...

I tend to think more about the books than writing it down. Sometimes you can't write down in the right words what you thought about a book and i find it easier to just think about them.
Come to the dark side. We have cookies!

If it looks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck…you should not be so quick to jump to conclusions.
— Cecil Gershwin Palmer