z

Young Writers Society

writer's block?

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:41 pm
TheForgottenAuthor says...

OK, I am writing a book, and it is called the Tomb of Time. Here is what has happened so far in the story: (I'm skipping a lot of the major details, so bear with me here)! (Sorry, this is long)
The main character's (Autumn) grandfather has died, was killed by some weird monsters. His last words were to tell her to run and not stay in one place for too long, and she would know when to stop.
So she runs, and she meets two boys, Adam and Blair, who have recently been told the same thing by an old lady. So they leave together, and become friends.
But later on, they get ambushed by this weird creature, and were saved by this guy, James. Autumn starts to get a thing for James, and he turns out to be evil and kidnaps her, but yet she doesn't know it. (he uses magic to make her pass out)
He takes her to this castle, and she starts to have weird memories. She finds out that she was actually royalty, and her parents died "aiding Aestol" (the other country involved in the Great War) and were put to death. But yet, she sees her parents tombs and realizes that something strange is going on.
The boys, Adam and Blair, are hiding, and Blair wants to play the hero and try to save Autumn. But Adam basically just wants to leave Autumn behind.
But they end up trying to find her, and find the castle that Autumn is in. But they see an army of those creatures that James had "saved" them from marching out of the gates to a war beat. Adam gets an idea of how to help Autumn, and they "slip out of view."
Now here is where I'm stuck. I have major writer's block and I cannot seem to think of anything that should happen next. If anyone wants to read exactly what I have came up with so far, PM me.
Help would be very much appreciated!
(I don't need a whole chapter, I just need an idea about what should happen next.)
Thank You! :)
♥~*Emalee*~♥

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:56 pm
Geek says...

Hmm . . . This sounds intresting. Tell me more about these creatures and I might be able to help you out. I want tto help out.

PM me if anything.
What is there to do when all else fails?

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:04 pm
Perra says...

Well the creatures are marching out of the gates. They could slip in while the gates are open. They could also disguise themselves and slip in. Or, they could get captured by the creatures, if that's possible. That'd get them inside. One of them could get captured while the other one finds another way inside with through some communication of the one inside.
If your writer's block persists, you may have to give up on this scene and find a way they could get in. Then, whatever way you find for them, try and reapply it to this scene. Or, work from the ending back to this scene, and try and connect the end with the rest as best you can. Just passing from your point of blockage on to another scene that's not so troublesome may help.
YWS gives me carpal tunnel.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:11 pm
jonny911 says...

I'd say, have them try to slip in the open gates but get attacked by the creatures. Then they would be captured and brought in to were Autumn was, and try to work out a way to escape together.
"Son, what do you want to be when you grow up?"
"A felon!"
"Are you sure?"
"Yah! This kid at school says they get all the girls!"
"I should try that..."

193 Reviews

Reviews: 193
Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:45 am
EnchantressMuffin says...

I think that no matter what anyone suggests, the only ideas that you will really feel, and will be able to write, are those that you come up with yourself. Therefore, it's probably a good idea to take a break from your book - which sounds like an excellent one, by the way - and do something else.
I'm not saying that you should start another novel, or anything drastic like that. Maybe you could go outside for a walk, seek some inspiration. I've found that the best ideas often come when you least expect them: in a dream, a conversation, or just a street observation. It's just a question of waiting, because when you're stuck there's not much that can be done to budge the buffalo sitting on your hands.

Best of luck to you, and I'm sorry that I couldn't be of more help.

Peace, love, chocolate,
Muffin

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:52 pm
Alainna says...

I agree with Muffin. Take some time to do different free-writes and just some word games. In time, your ideas will come to you.

If you still want to actively continue your story right now, then do a mind map or list of where your story is going. The end, your characters- everything you can think of. Set yourself a goal and try to link your current scene to something.

I hope that helped.

Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:58 pm
TheForgottenAuthor says...

thanks guys! I have some pretty good ideas in my head! Thanks again!
♥~*Emalee*~♥

A thing of beauty is a joy forever; its loveliness increases...
— John Keats