z

Young Writers Society

Writer's Block

Random avatar

Reviews: 223
Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:27 am
Mathy says...

I have heard this is very common, but I have never EVER had writer's block. I always have more to tell, and often may write the entire draft of a novel In one day. I post multiple fan fiction chapters a day and constantly work on my novel. I guess I just have sorta overactive imagination. When it comes to creating characters. I can always think of something new. What do you guys think about this topic?

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk
ZeldaIsSheik

Reviews: 1
Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:17 am
Adah says...

I think that you're lucky.
I had writer's block for about three months (that sounds terrible) and hadn't written anything besides few forced lines.
Maybe fanfiction writing would have helped but I have my rule never to use anyone's work :)
When looking back that was probably not smart.

Random avatar

Reviews: 223
Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:23 am
Mathy says...

Gah! Sounds terrible! I am sorry... :(

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk
ZeldaIsSheik

Reviews: 1
Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:56 pm
Adah says...

Every writer needs to find out if he's writing what he thinks others want to read, what they expect from him or if he's enjoying what he's writing.

I learned from my mistakes :)

461 Reviews

Reviews: 461
Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:20 am
View Likes
Horisun says...

I've been working on my first novel, and there have been some days where I spend hours writing without pausing, but there was one time in particular where every other line I had to pause and cringe at myself. A good way for me to get back in the writing zone is to turn on backround music.
She/Her

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:05 pm
Necromancer14 says...

I find that the beginning is really easy. I've heard that the end is also really easy. For me, and I think with people in general, it's the middle that's hard, and I've never gotten through a middle to see how hard the end is. (except in short stories, where there isn't really a middle, or if there is, it's usually miniscule)
Anyway, yes, I get writer's block, and it just gets worse the further into a story I go. I think it's because I don't plan out my plots well enough, so I get tangled and I don't know how to get my characters out of situations, or I need to get my characters into situations to advance the plot.
Dumbledore: "Now, it's great that you've been saving the school and all Harry, but unfortunately your grades have been a tad low, and, well... perhaps Gandalf could explain it better... hit it, Gandalf!

Gandalf: "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much all of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movement of small green pieces of paper, which was odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.
— Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy