z

Young Writers Society

Possible Idea Advice?

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:32 am
JayBlu says...

I'm writing something sort of played out, but I feel like I can really do something with it if I do it with my own technique and flavor. Any ideas how to makes sure this idea is awesome?

Here's the idea.

Think Sword Art Online combined with the idea of multiple planes of existence labeled and listed in this link:

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/W ... ner_Planes

Also, to summarize it better. 350,000 individuals get trapped in game called World Planes Online, and well as it goes, the game is based in multiple planes and yada yada yada...

I suppose only answer this if you know what Sword Art Online is. And just because it's a similar idea, as long as it has different storyline, characters and whatever else I come to think of...it is NOT a fanfic...if so then the anime similiar to Sword Art Online named Log Horizon would be a fanfic and since Log Horizon is not a fanfic....my point is thus proved...Thanks for any responses

806 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 806
Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:45 pm
Aley says...

Um, I'm not familiar with Sword Art Online, but nobody's commented on this yet, and that's a shame, so here it goes.

Personally, and this is just my opinion, I don't know this for sure, but I feel like using someone else's universe means you're going to need to give them credit for the world, and if you have to give someone else credit or royalties, then it's a fanfiction at least in part. Just because this "Log Horizon" doesn't say it is a fanfiction doesn't mean they didn't pay royalties to Sword Art Online, or get sued by them. It might also be a sister creation like the Supernatural Anime, or the Dungeons and Dragons books that have been written.

As for the idea, I think it's an interesting concept, but it would be hard to relate to so many people at once. If you make things happen in massive numbers like that, it has a chance of becoming a statistic analysis instead of a book. If you limited it down to just a single character, or a few characters, then that could be a really fun novel! [regardless of if it is a fanfiction or not.]

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:25 pm
Shiverfeather says...

That sounds awesome and have watched the show I can say you wouldn't be subject to copyright, its a completely different story in a completely different setting it just that it triggered the idea.

The most important service rendered by the press and the magazines is that of educating people to approach printed matter with distrust.
— Samuel Butler