z

Young Writers Society

What influenced you to write what you are writing right now?

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:56 am
bubblewrapped says...

eleinasari wrote:Interesting! Are you going to post it?

I have to actually write it first! LOL. I might post it when its, say, in its second draft or something. Will let you know ;)

I wanna know whether Zero is posted anywhere too! It sounds familiar somehow...
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

Reviews: 2
Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:28 am
dittylicious says...

What I'm writing right now, Debunking the Fantasy, kind of stemmed out of a breakup I recently had, where I think my ex had unrealistic expectations for what's supposed to happen when you're in a relationship with someone.

Everybody thinks that relationships can be like the movies, and they can't.

That is why I'm "debunking the fantasy" of how things are supposed to happen.

http://debunkingfantasy.blogspot.com if you want to see my work-in-progress!
~*~Ditty~*~

"When we choose between reality and madness/It's either sadness or euphoria." -Billy Joel

http://dittylicious.blogspot.com

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:52 am
Cpt. Smurf says...

A fantasy/thriller I'm "writing" now (I have a few ideas and have written the Prologue) called House of Wolves was inspired by the My Chemical Romance song of the same name. I like to write things from song titles, I find some of them interesting and you can have loads of different ideas from just one song.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:51 pm
dragnet says...

I always get these sudden flashes of a great plot that could become a reallyawsome book! so, I go home and I write about it, and write about it, and write about it! then, i go to bed and dream up some more things that could happen. Then, in the morning, I get up and and what I thought of during the night to my story. I then make a good copy of it, and, while writting the good copy, I add more to it! Brilliant! It always works for me!!
Many ask me if I see the glass as half full or half empty. Well, I don't know about you, but I see the glass as, WHO DRANK HALF OF MY MILK?!?!?!

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:24 am
HeadInTheClouds says...

I honestly don't know exactly how I got the idea for Fleet. I think it had something to do with subconsciously thinking about all the political stuff going on in the US and me not really feeling like I can trust our government. Not that I think it's as bad as it is in the story, it's just exaggerated feelings. So somehow I got a vague idea of the CIA secretly dumping toxic waste in this parallel world, whose inhabitants start coming into our world and killing innocent people. And gradually it evolved into Fleet. It's coming along nicely, and i'm very excited about it.
If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad. ~Lord Byron

Captain Jack is back May 25!

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:28 am
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

The Oz series by L. Frank Baum inspired ALB (I'll be putting it up soon). I think, since I started reading the books (it's only been a month and I've read just about all of them, I think) it's influenced my writing heavily. My characters think like Baum's do. I even borrow his idea of a fairyland with no war or money.
ohmeohmy

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:19 pm
Goldenheart says...

I've never read Baum's books, but that sounds like you could do all kinds of things with it!

The book I'm writing... (well... editing, actually,) came from a night last June when I couldn't sleep. A ballad simply fell out of the air and into my lap, and I wrote it down. The next day, a story sprang from it, and I struggled with the first few chapters for the next six months. Then I took the NaNoWriMo challenge, and Eureka! 'Tis finished! :D
"I hate the word 'Truce'. It means 'Fun's over'." ~My little sister

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:30 pm
Sureal says...

Dreams. Actually, it was at least three different dreams (one of which was a rather nasty nightmare). I love dreams ^_^.
I wrote the above just for you.

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:36 am
Sohini says...

whatever i write now is sure to be influened by Lemony Snicket's writings—it's driving me crazy!!!
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:53 am
Alteran says...

My fascination with people with mental abilities. I've learned all about how it's done and still cant do it myself *annoyed*

We all have latent mental capabilites. It's the mutations in our genes and the variation of proteins that allow some people to use their abilites. If we looked at their DNA we coiuld loacte the variation and use it to influesnce the rest of the population. Not that it would be a good thing.

What a minute. What was the topic?
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:01 pm
gyrfalcon says...

Gypsie Eyes came from several scraps of ideas melded together. I had a dream about one of the characters, Boom, when I was about fifteen, and ever since he was just sort of a constant companian in my head. I also made up a lot of little stories (just for me, not in seriousness) about being sort of "stalked" by a guy I had known in childhood who would sweep me off to a great adventure: that evolved into Karenna and Avarn. I'm not sure where my magic system came from, but the Gypsies came from my facination with their counterparts in Hunchback of Notre Dame :blush:. Then it all just sort of fell together and...there you are! *lame ending alert*
"In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function...We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~C.S. Lewis

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:26 pm
Meep says...

The current, untitled ghostyverse story was actually inspired bt the scary book I had to read for class. I decided to write a happier, funny, non-scary ghost story so that I would stop being so freaked out. :oops:

Randomly, another 2am was inspired by ... The Vampire Lestat. (Yeah, whoda thunk it?)
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

Random avatar

Reviews: 87
Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:43 am
gymnast_789 says...

When I realized how talented I was in writing, I was in the fifth grade. We had an assignment where we were to write a mystery story. Well when I started to write I had so many ideas in my head, and the next thing I knew I was finished with five pages cover front and back with my story.

I never really did any writing after that until last year around October. I had been thinking about writing for a long time before that though. I think who really inspired me to start writing was my 7th and 8th grade literature teacher. When I went into her class I didn't even want to look in the direction of a book let alone read it. But at the end of two years I was out of there and read any book that I could get my hands on.

Right now I am writing a fantasy story, and another non-fiction book called Sweeter With Time (which needs a lot of editing). My fantasy story came out of my daydreams, which I finally got written down on paper. As for the non-fiction one...it has to do with my gymnastics career, and all of the obstacles I've had to over come. Most of it is actually out of diary entries, that I wrote down, when I was sad or mad to make myself feel better.

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:01 pm
Pushca says...

The voices handed me Gwen's head on a platter.

Um, not quite the way you're thinking.
"Nothing I could write would be as shocking and offensive as censorship itself." -Deb Caletti

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:33 pm
Fishr says...

Uh... Well, for Bound for Glory: Our Brethren, it was spawned purely by speed writing. It was weird, like after so many years not being involved with the 18th C., something primal or whatever came forth and then it all just went downhill from there. ;) The rekindling of my love of the war and the 1700s in general has become so involved that now I'm in the beginning stages of re-enacting HM's Army; Burgoyne being my General in 1777. So yeah... All spawned from a short story.

As for my new novel, Full Bloods vs. Half Breeds, that came to me in a dream as well, and one that haunted me for the remainder of the night and into the following twenty-four hours prior.

My other that needs to be revamped is my Mayflower novel - Memento Mori. The voice is just weird. Anyway, this one was brought on by my good friend who re-enacts the 24th Regiment in the British Army. We both have a decendant that were passesngers on the Mayflower. I thought it would be highly amusing to take on his ancestor - Francis Eaton as my main character - and also incorperate my own grandfather along with all the other passengers. Thus far Eaton has suffered a near broken arm and has at the moment a dieing boy resting next to him. I suppose my habits from Bound have followed me into the 17th C. Sam says I'm not a very nice writer, lol!
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

You can cut all the flowers, but you cannot stop Spring from coming.
— Pablo Neruda