z

Young Writers Society

Please Help!

200 Reviews

Reviews: 200
Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:22 am
MidnightVampire says...

Hmm....
For the animal you were thinking a pet..Birds are always interesting,though a pet mouse and rat (yes, people do have pet rats) could do....but if you change your mind Magpies, Ravens,and Crows are always open.

So,maybe if you use the rat idea (I know, I go with the one you might not want to go with), but mabye you could say about how it felt bad being discriminated against. Or, you could also do this with black cats (which, by the way, are my favorite). If you meant touchy, as in sad ending.. you could have one of the pet's siblings die or be sent off to a new owner for various reasons, misbehavior, lost a bet, in debt, sick of it..

I hope this helped you!
Good luck.
MV.

P.S. Always open to help
I realized that I said I'd be gone for only two weeks...but I was gone for much longer.I hope to stay on this time. :)

203 Reviews

Reviews: 203
Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:23 am
October Girl says...

Try this JustDance,

There's plenty of tigers, and they all hunt indivisually, and most of them are alike, except one, Zari, or some crazy tropical name like that. Well He is the one that stands out in the pack of Africa and what makes him different, he's faster, and he has one white stripe instead of black and he has six claws instead of five. When his pack forces him out, he makes it on his own, meeting another female like him, they help build a huge pack of tigers just like them and show theold pack it was a mistake to kick them out.

Just thoughts.
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky
Then you are my star... ™

Random avatar

Reviews: 45
Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:27 am
JustDance says...

Ohhh I <3333 that idea OctoberGirl! =]
Thanksss MIdnightVampire!

OMG! I feel so happy righttt now, rofl. You guysss that posted on here, are all awesomeee! =]
(or PMed me ideas)
rofl xD =]

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:30 am
Winter's Twelfth Night says...

Hello JustDance! I like the idea of doing a story in an animal's POV. I've never done something like that before, but I think it would be interesting if you did a young african elephant's point of view. Maybe his/her mother/father was killed for the ivory in its tusks. Maybe it's lost and has to survive on its own. Or maybe it has been captured by scientists who want to run tests on it. Or it's been sent to a zoo! You could be very creative with this. Plus, elephants are cute! There are lots of ways for the elephant to express its emotions in these situations. Good luck in the contest! I hope you do well and I hope this was helpful!
-Winter
Mamillius: Merry or sad shall’t be?
Hermione: As merry as you will.
Mamillius: A sad tale’s best for winter. I have one
Of sprites and goblins.

The Winter's Tale

Random avatar

Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:38 am
JustDance says...

Kk thanks! That's a greatt idea! =]

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:51 am
Nutty says...

I reckon you should have people in it, though. You can show the differences between the animal and the person- a large scope of conflict could come from that.
Though we've all had the 'Humans bad, pollute the land, poach us etc' thing rammed down our throats from childhood, so I suggest you steer clear of animals with anti-human attitudes.
Please don't use chat speak, by the way.

How bout something like what goes through a loyal pet's mind when a owner's happy, sad, mad, excited, etc.
What do you guysss think???

You could do this, but it would only work with pet-animals. The ones that come to mind that would even notice would be dogs and horses.
Remember though, if you do it from a pet watching an owner and sympathizing, you also need conflict, in the plot, and within the animal.

Have you read black beauty? Classic book, from the animal's POV.
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

Random avatar

Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:59 am
JustDance says...

Ahhh yes, kinda sad..=[ but ittt was a good book still! =]

ok thanksss! =]

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:32 am
Areida says...

I've never really done any animal perspective stories since I was in middle school or earlier, but it's sort of like writing from a child's perspective: it's not the same as an adult or adolescent, even. So whatever animal you choose, I encourage you to try and get into its head, so to speak, and think the way they would, phrase things a little differently, mix things up.

Give things different names... animals won't understand human world minutia, so explain things from their perspective.

I like Evi's idea about honey bees. Bees have such a unique animal "culture" that it could be fun to explore.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:10 am
Bloo says...

okay then how about
a kid has been diagnosed with a serious and fatal dies and his wish is to have a dog and it tells the tale of him spending all of his last days playing with the dog and then in an epilogue it tells how the dog feels when the kid dies

Random avatar

Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:49 am
JustDance says...

That's such a sweet idea. =] Sad though..but I like it!
Thanks! =]

Random avatar

Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:01 am
JustDance says...

Okay guys I <333 all of your ideas, and so I'm going to take a vote between these things:

◘ a kid has been diagnosed with a serious and fatal dies and his wish is to have a dog and it tells the tale of him spending all of his last days playing with the dog and then in an epilogue it tells how the dog feels when the kid dies

○ Dog's P.O.V. when it's master goes through happiness, sadness, love, etc.

♥ Animal's "double" lives, and how they act differently around humans, then they do alone

♣ Honey bee's on the whole gathering\stinging thing.

Votes?
I personally ♥ the one about the kid being diagnosed and then how he spends his last days with his dog. Very touchy.
Still I want your votes.
Thanks! =]

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:41 am
FamousAuthor says...

Hmm...
Have you ever read Watership down? You could write a story in that style, not as long of course :P

If your doing pets specifically, a lot of the style of the story depends on what animal, so I'd suggest settling that first. A story about a dog is very different from that about a cat.

I have a personal fondness for turtles myself. :)

As for the pets actions, it could be a new pet that's scared of the family its joined and its easing into their life, pets saving lives, the daily life of a pet...

Any of those comments help?

Oops, i missed the second page... we've moved beyond general story generating ideas.

The dog story is certainly touching, and it raises an interesting question. Is it right to do that to the dog?

Ryan
If you like my writing please visit my blog at http://writesite.squarespace.com/

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:51 am
mhmmcolleenx0 says...

You should write in the POV of an endangered animal. Then you could explain what it's like to be one of the few on the animal's kind. I think that would be interesting. Maybe like a panda, or a manatee.
"Can't stop, won't stop. I must be dreaming."

I have hated words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right.
— Markus Zusak, The Book Thief