z

Young Writers Society

Introduce Your Writing

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:46 am
niccy_v says...

First story/novel:
First novel was called Eagle Eyed Cherry Lipstick. About a boy who randomly transforms into an Eagle when he gets horny XD which complicates things when he gets 'hot and heavy' with his new girlfriend (super hot) and he ends up mauling her, a whisker short of decapitating her. He goes into hiding, and for ten years lives in solitude, abandoning his human body completely, until a freak accident leaves him in the hospital without a memory of anything human, until his girlfriend (ex now) surfaces and sheds light on his past but is deemed maniac.
I abandoned it for bigger/better things.

Previous story/novel:
Burning Sapphires - two gays who find acceptance in a trailer park.

Current story/novel:
Sunburnt Thirst [Re-named from Bloodlust With A Vengeance] - Vamp falls in love with pretty girl, but when he develops a close relationship on human-level, he leaves clues for her until she pieces it together and suggests what he is since she's bright enough to know he is not human. They fall in love, and their story follows them over about a 2 year to 3 year period where she leaves him, he saves her multiple times, his brothers get married, she almost dies...
I love it. Twilight inspired, though i think it's completely different.

Published:
In a youth workshop book. It's only twenty pages but more than three hundred people have seen it haha

Genre:
Romance/Vampire/Adventure

Time periods?
Present with flashbacks to their creation (between 1530 for MC vamp, to 2006 for latest vampire)

Characters:
Jonah - handsome vampire
Ellen - innocent girl
Kassie - Ellen's bffl until Jonah unintentionally breaks them up
Alex/Maria/Justin - Ellen's father, step mum/brother
Ambroise/Seth/Armel/Celeste/Desiree/Tonia/Reinmund - Vampire family (every name means something different i based the character around)

Inspiration:
Twilight/Midnighters Series'. Also Rainbow Boys series for the homosexual vampires. [Current Novella]
Generally i get inspiration from movies, books, TV episodes, 'billboards' (for you Americans) and day-to-day experences.
I've written about 9,000 words on my morning at Wellington Airport 3am my normal time, after a 10 hour plane flight and i'm SO HUNGRY i literally push everybody over in my desperation for a well-deserved large chips, yogurt and coke - full caffeine and sugar burst.
Writing gives my life purpose

Random avatar

Reviews: 5
Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:45 pm
adi says...

Topic of first story/novel
I don't remember my first story cleary. I can assure you that I wrote hundrens of "books" about cats. Dear lord. The cats. Anyway. My first real story (with effort) was about a girl from Uranus. I don't remember her name. All I remember was that she as pale and had blue hair. She lived on Earth, and had no idea that she was from another planet until someone came and told her. It was weird. I need to dig it out...

Previous story/novel
I guess I could say that my previous story/novel was Life, which I've been submitting up here. It's basically about a girl whose dad is a heroin addict (since I luckily don't know much about drugs, it's not very accurate probably, but some day I can revise it). It involves her bumps along the way, and her attempt to be somewhat normal. She meets this guy who seems to care about her, (which he does) and she goes on a lot of adventures with him. That was a terrible summary. Finished, minus revising I could do, but not published.

Current story/novel
This would be Slip. It's pretty freaking weird. Like, experiments, and rebellions, and dictators, and wars. I've been working on this project for like, a year and a half. I keep changing my mind, adding things, subtracting things, discovering plot-holes... But it's always been about this redhead, Claire, and this sort of vampire guy, Emile in their dystopian world, and trying to fix it. THough he's a bit more violent than she is. Kinda a love story, though not much.
we
a c c e p t
the love we think we
d e s e r v e.

Man is by nature a political animal.
— Aristotle