z

Young Writers Society

Help please!

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:15 pm
Stori says...

I'm kinda stuck for ideas right now. I want to work on my story "Phoenix" but can't think of anything. My question to you all is, should I restart the whole thing?
"The one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart."
Miles Vorkosigan

"You can be an author if you learn to paint pictures with words."
Brian Jacques

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:30 pm
Rascalover says...

If you think you have some thing good to work with i wouldn't restarts the whole thing but maybe there's a part that could be changed and m,ade better so that you can continue through.

I know thats not the best advice but its what i would do.

best of luck
-tiffany
There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and open a vein~ Red Smith

Who needs a review? :) http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic38078.html

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:45 pm
alwaysawriter says...

Don't restart it. It happens to everyone and I would suggest just leaving it alone for a while, maybe a few weeks. Don't think about Phoenix for those weeks and concentrate on other things. Like catching up on your schoolwork, reading, whatever. You may even want to try different things to get new ideas. After those few weeks are up, go back to it, and if you're still stuck, think really hard about it. If you decide to restart it then, I'd say go for it, but if you're still not sure, post it on here with a poll if you haven't already; you know that you'll get honest opinions.

Anyway, I hope I helped. :)

-always
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:57 am
Stori says...

Thank you both.

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:50 pm
patience_isnt says...

It looks like the two other people got you convinced not to restart it, and that's exactly what I was about to do.

But yeah, that happened to me a while ago. Sometimes, you just can't think of anything. It happens to the best of us.
"Whoa, whoa, whoa! What are you girls doing?"

"Peeing on a stick, you wanna try?"

-My C, Nick, and MC, Kayla.

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:59 pm
Krupp says...

as a man who's thrown away hundreds of half-arsed novellas and novel ideas, I highly suggest that you should take your time and deliberate before throwing the idea aside. If it's really bothering you that much, take time off from it and write another story. (I'm working on three different novels right now.)
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:17 pm
Wcatgal says...

My opinion doesn't really matter since you'll be making your own decision about weather to restart or not, but I'll give you my two cents anyways.

When that happens to me I put the story down for a while and go off and write something else. Then after a while I come back to it and usually I'll be able to write more of it. If I come back to it and I still can't think of any thing to write in that story then I consider that story to be, as I call it, "A Dead Story".

If restartting the story will help you continue it then You should go for it. If it doesn't help then it's most likely "A Dead Story" and in that case you should probably delete it, but then again who am I top make your mind for you?

I hope this helps with your problem.
War doesn't determin whoes right
War determins who's left

I don't have much knowledge about marsupials.
— ForeverYoung