z

Young Writers Society

New plot. What do you think?

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:19 pm
Sleeping Valor says...

Plot
Lara has just moved to a new town when she's kidnapped by a bunch of drunk youths. It was supposed to be a prank, just to scare her a little, but it turns into a nightmare when one of them ends up killing the other. Suddenly a murder witness, Lara is dragged off to the back of beyond to the man who can make people 'disappear'. Finding out this doesn't imply her untimely death is little comfort to her, because Greg's guilt crazed eyes become wilder and wilder every day--and if she can't find a way out of this situation, she might just end up being his next victim.

>.< Bad synopsis, methinks. Anyways, it's part whatever you call that ^ and part romance. My original plot was pretty lame and my characters ridden with issues and Cliche Club member tags.

What does everyone think?
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:19 am
Leja says...

>.< Bad synopsis, methinks. Anyways, it's part whatever you call that ^ and part romance. My original plot was pretty lame and my characters ridden with issues and Cliche Club member tags.

Some of the best characters, once edited are born from founding members of the Cliche Club ^_^

The premise of why she's with them could be a little shaky but I'm sure it'll be fine in context. My only question is whether or not it's posted yet ^_^

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:42 am
Sleeping Valor says...

I finished the rought version of the 'original' Kidnapped and started typing it (because I realized there were flaws and wanted some YWS feedback!) up. There's only 2 chapters (short, at that) up on YWS (nothing else typed =P).

Chap 1: topic27112.html
Chap 2: topic27180.html

The beginning of the second chapter is ad-libed (the original scene made no sense--she had been kidnapped yet had time to put on her shoes =P). If I have my way, that will be a bit more the 'voice' my MC will use. Or something similar.

I like the funnies. =P

^_^ Keek!
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

150 Reviews

Reviews: 150
Fri May 02, 2008 4:05 am
Ross says...

Pretty good plot, but the characters are a bit cliche.
And we'll be a dream...

"Dee Dubbleyou." - BigBadBear

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Fri May 02, 2008 4:08 am
SuicideKing says...

deafwriter_19 wrote:Pretty good plot, but the characters are a bit cliche.

I agree with the former, but not with the latter.

You've presented us with a bare-bones plot. No characters. The plot has been done before, to be sure, just as every plot has been done to some extent. However, your character are what you make them. Make them deep, give them levels, and make them interesting, and they will not be cliche.

Hopefully.

--King

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Fri May 02, 2008 12:31 pm
Tag says...

It does sound quite interesting, and I think the idea of somebody (greg) who feels so guilty that they would kill again, is a brilliant idea if you can pull it off.

I hope Lara doesn't fall in love with one of her kidnappers, that would be dreadfully cliche. If you could bring in a romance with someone else, that would add a nice change to a normal kidnapping story.

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Fri May 02, 2008 12:58 pm
chocoholic says...

I quite like this, and it would be anice twist if she fell in love with her captor. Stockholm Syndrome, it's called.

Let me know if you re-write and post.
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

I am big enough to admit I am often inspired by myself.
— Leslie Knope