z

Young Writers Society

Deserted Island

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:39 pm
ridersofdamar says...

ok, i have the basic story line, its a deserted island somewhere in the tropics, a group of ten kids or so are in a plane that crashes the kids land in the water and are washed up on shore. They just try to survive on the island. Its a basic plot, but unlike Lord of the Flies i am going to but helpful hints on how to survive on an island. So, what i'm asking is how do i put action into the story? my forte is action/combat scenes and i would it find it fairly boring (as i'm sure you would too) if it did not involve any of these scenes. so, any suggestions?

721 Reviews

Reviews: 721
Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:25 am
Azila says...

Well, aside from meeting pirates (which would be dorky) maybe you could just make there be action between the kids? I mean, if I was stranded with 9 friends on an island with barely any food, I'd probably get grumpy and no matter how much I loved my friends we'd get into fights. There can also be action in the form of storms and escape attempts. How long are they on the island?

~Azila~

522 Reviews

Reviews: 522
Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:08 pm
canislupis says...

Hi!

What azila said I think should be helpful. :) I like survival stories, especially when they are beleivable.

The whole 'Plane crash on deserted island' thing is a bit overused, but you can probably make it your own. ;) Try and think what actually might happen in that situation. Don't just stuff it with action scenes for the sake of it.

If you end up posting a story based on this idea, PM me and I'll review it! ;)

See ya around,

~lupis

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:34 am
Kenpachi Masamune says...

Why not start it off with a murder or the captain having a heart attack. The rough seas and the inexperienced 1st mate cannot control the ship through the rocky pass and tears the ship open off the coast. They abandon ship and everyone goes onto the island. For safety the captain (if he had a heart attack) is in a weakened state and the parents have two of their own stay behind to keep the kids safe while the others go off together to get help.

Then they get sick after eating bad mushrooms or fruit and become ill themselves. Leaving the children in charge for a week long survival on limited emergency rations (quickly used) forcing them to fend for themselves and take care of the sick adults. All of this while the rainy season is upon them.
Blank Chapters 1-5 at:
http://kenpachimasamune.page.tl/
Check it out!

You found Ghostie! ๏̯͡๏)

The author of my life has some ambitious ideas for me to become a super villain
— FireEyes