z

Young Writers Society

YA reading but for those of us who read the one's for girls.

Random avatar

Reviews: 125
Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:38 am
SASSYLADY333 says...

Ok Meg Cabot...anyone know her? If not how about Stephenie Meyers?
Or The Clique books, A-list, and maybe even Gossip Girl? And any other YA book mostly for teenage girls...

I just want to know peoples opinions of then....no pressure to you know who!

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:41 am
She Writes says...

Hmm:
-Laura Dower // From The Files of Madison Finn (series)
-Sahara Special
-The Secret Language of Girls
-Dizzy
-The Illustrated Mum (kinda)

See how OBSESSED I am with girly books? :D

Random avatar

Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:44 am
SASSYLADY333 says...

I know they are additve! I do believe I've read The Secret Language of Girls. It wasn't so bad :)!

p.s.- Sadly I am slowly growing out of them...
"Show us, don't tell us!" They say, but sadly I realize I'm a storyteller. When I cross over and accept maturity, when I want to change then maybe I'll be willing to show people my prose and not tell them. As a writer I have to grow. :)

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:13 am
Sam says...

Hate to admit it, but I love them...XD They're just so simple to swallow. As lovely as Dostoyevsky or Waugh or any of my other favorite authors are, they're hard to get through. You can sit down and read a Princess Diaries book in an afternoon, and it's fun reading.

I don't know...I've been getting into edgier things, but I do enjoy Meg Cabot. Her newer stuff isn't as good, but I did like the Princess Diaries. ^_^

Oh- and Georgia Nicholson? I absolutely adore Georgia.
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

188 Reviews

Reviews: 188
Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:13 am
Evangelina says...

Ew. EW EW EW. --that is how much I dislike Cabot and "girlish" books.
Break the boundaries, hunt the hunter, and leave me a tip.
----to kill or not to kill

Random avatar

Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:18 am
SASSYLADY333 says...

You are sooo right though Meg Cabot is easy to read! Actually she was my favorite author lol, kind of still is. And that remembers me of what i used to read before YA books...God* I can't think of the author...Sharon Creech? Yeah awesome writer!

And i do see how you would dislike girlish books but some you will maybe onday find are AWESOME! I mean what is there not to like about 1-800-WHERERU ? OR the Mediator series? Okay, sorry i must be scarying you lol.
"Show us, don't tell us!" They say, but sadly I realize I'm a storyteller. When I cross over and accept maturity, when I want to change then maybe I'll be willing to show people my prose and not tell them. As a writer I have to grow. :)

188 Reviews

Reviews: 188
Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:31 am
Evangelina says...

No, I just prefer real literature. Writing should convey something beautiful, something deep, or something new about both the writer as a person or the way one writes. Meg cabot and trashy novels do nothing of the kind; they serve to please momentarily, that is all.
Break the boundaries, hunt the hunter, and leave me a tip.
----to kill or not to kill

Random avatar

Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:41 am
SASSYLADY333 says...

Maybe for you, and by trashy I'm assuming you mean Gossip Girl and the A-list.... But Meg Cabot actually does have meaning for a lot of girls. And how would you know which one's are trashy? Nevermind I'm just curious.

p.s.- What about Twilight?

Love is so short, forgetting is so long.
— Pablo Neruda