z

Young Writers Society

Do you get attatched to your characters?

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:47 pm
Goldenheart says...

I've been dragging out my editing process for my latest NaNo piece, because I want more time with my characters. Sentimental me. :)
"I hate the word 'Truce'. It means 'Fun's over'." ~My little sister

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:06 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Depends on the character :v)
ohmeohmy

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:14 pm
Sureal says...

Yes. Which is unfortunate when I've already planned to kill them off.
I wrote the above just for you.

566 Reviews

Reviews: 566
Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:41 pm
miyaviloves says...

I tend to get attached to my characters, even when they are supposed to be the bad ones i love them for some unknown reasons. Although i have been known to create a character that i hate, but hey, you can always kill them off.
Bag.

Got YWS?

247 Reviews

Reviews: 247
Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:59 pm
Fangala the Flying Feline says...

Heck yeah! I got so attached to my characters once that I had them vacation for two weeks, when they should have been saving the world. Then again, I did kill off my protagonist once...but the story had a happy ending. :D
"Hey look! A black shooting star!"

"That's no star...that's Fangala!"

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:54 pm
Twit says...

I know who's going to die before I start, so I don't let myself get too emotional. But I still was sad when I had to kill someone off, especially because the death was so sad. :( I'm generally quite cold towards the baddies, although I can sympathise when something really bad happens to them that they don't deserve, like if their mother dies. I think you HAVE to care about the baddies, cos its important to write them well, so everyone else can feel that they're bad. If you don't care about them, you can't capture their feelings.

-ST
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.
— Alvin Toffler