z

Young Writers Society

Typing or handwritten?

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:28 am
HeadInTheClouds says...

I tend to prefer handwriting, I get too distracted if I use the computer. It's strange that I prefer handwriting though, because my writing is barely ledgible, and always gets smudged (i'm a lefty). I just get too caught up with editing and so on, that I forget to write well.
If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad. ~Lord Byron

Captain Jack is back May 25!

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:05 am
Via says...

I have the same problems where if I'm on the computer I will:
a. edit ridiculously and never really get very far
b. distract myself with yws, myspace, facebook, email, etc.

But, on paper I have a problem where I will suddenly get like a flood of ideas in the middle of writing something and I can't get them all down fast enough and they leave me [the train doesn't like this station].

I've come up with one simple solution: typewriter.

Now, if I only had one, it'd be great haha.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

96 Reviews

Reviews: 96
Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:10 pm
flytodreams says...

Type on the computer. Always.
And I can do my story while being on yws/wtj/etc.
Be yourself; everybody else is already taken.

I came, I saw, I conquered.

When you're being nice to your character, you're being bad to your book.

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:40 pm
Wiggy says...

I'm the same, write me! I get too distracted by other things, like YWS and email, so I'd never get anything done. Plus there's just something magical about filling up looseleaf with your own words.

I love writing. :D
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:16 pm
Snoink says...

Wow... I'm actually writing Killers by hand. UNFORTUNATELY, I forgot my notebook at home. But yeah. I write by hand, especially at the beginning. Because I get way to addicted to the delete key. Oh well. I write the drafts to be edited on the computer though, or if I want to write something quickly, I write it on the computer.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Random avatar

Reviews: 45
Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:32 am
magiclukehutch says...

I used to write all my stories on paper when I was little, but now I use my laptop to write everything. Then I store it onto my USB bar so I can't lose it.
Always happy to help!

Random avatar

Reviews: 61
Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:39 am
BrokenSword says...

When I have the computer, I type. When I don't, I use paper and I write in cursive. I don't write in cursive for homework, letters, ect. Only for writing, because I feel like it lets my creative juices flow more :P

Reviews: 2
Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:17 am
dittylicious says...

I actually do certain things for specific things I'm writing.

For my book that I'm writing, I just directly write it on my blog.

For monologues and poems, most of the time I write them down by hand before copying them to another place such as a website or a nicer journal.

My extremely personal journal is all by hand, and rather messy handwriting.

I think that's why I like just typing it, because I have horrible handwriting when my mind is moving that fast, and I can type up to 80 WPM, so it makes sense to just get it out there.
~*~Ditty~*~

"When we choose between reality and madness/It's either sadness or euphoria." -Billy Joel

http://dittylicious.blogspot.com

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:08 pm
Pushca says...

magiclukehutch wrote:I used to write all my stories on paper when I was little, but now I use my laptop to write everything. Then I store it onto my USB bar so I can't lose it.

yeah, me too, and then I lose the flash drive...
"Nothing I could write would be as shocking and offensive as censorship itself." -Deb Caletti

“And how shall I think of you?' He considered a moment and then laughed. 'Think of me with my nose in a book!”
— Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell