z

Young Writers Society

New Story...possibly

139 Reviews

Reviews: 139
Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:03 pm
Torpid says...

Hey where would a story like the Xmen go and if anybody has some quick ideas for a storyline too that'd be helpful, ive got the characters.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:28 am
Jiggity says...

Fantasy Forum.

Ive got nothing in regards to a plot, sorry.
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:34 am
smaur says...

Well, technically, stories like X-Men are filed under "Science Fiction." It's a bit of a stretch, of course, but that's where they go for the most part. So all the post-Apocalyptic stories with mutants (Obernewtyn, etc.) tend to be classified as sci-fi.

Batman, though, is definitely fantasy. :D
"He yanked himself free and fled to the kitchen where something huddled against the flooded windowpanes. It sighed and wept and tapped continually, and suddenly he was outside, staring in, the rain beating, the wind chilling him, and all the candle darkness inside lost."

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:18 pm
Swires says...

Quick Idea:

Mutants form a cult when they realise they arnt the only freaks in tht universe, they realise that this is an oportunity, no a gift to bring a new world order to earth.

Meanwhile your MC is enjoying a comftable life when he/she experiances an attack in the middle of a supermarket.

What will happen? How will your MC react? WHat powers do the mutants act? What is the importance of the MC?
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

139 Reviews

Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:20 am
Torpid says...

thats helpful, gets me started, thNS adam

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:26 am
Myth says...

To me Batman is sci-fi.

OK mutants.. what kind of mutants exactly like the X-Men or more like super humans who change shape?

Please do not do masked heros or mutants in costume, they tend to put me off because I hate all superheros, I think I've said that before somewhere, but its your story.

Weapons are what your mutants need if they don't grow to massive sizes and try and make up new things like whips/moonboots for flying/orb-shaped shield for protection,etc.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:46 pm
smaur says...

Doe wrote:To me Batman is sci-fi.

Well, as a comic book geek, I can say it's definitely not, because Batman comes into contact with magic and supernatural forces and gods and goddesses and acknowledges them to be just that. Whereas in X-Men, if there's some strange bizarre unknown power, it's chalked up to being a new mutant power. Hence it being science fiction, and Batman being fantasy.

... but, yeah. That's if you're a comic book geek. :roll:
"He yanked himself free and fled to the kitchen where something huddled against the flooded windowpanes. It sighed and wept and tapped continually, and suddenly he was outside, staring in, the rain beating, the wind chilling him, and all the candle darkness inside lost."

139 Reviews

Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:39 pm
Torpid says...

Im probaby gonna have a few humans (like batman), a lot of mutants (like Xmen) and some other extras (like politicians or popo). Im wondering if i should use 'Mutant High' like in the movies or even the Xmen themselves. This list is, of course, open to suggestion. A couple of characters as of now:

Ian Thor (m): Minor electricity manipulation, max. weight up to 2,000 pounds (not super strong for a mutant but he's a teen) big & burly

Felix (m): Shapeshifter, large panther, hybrid, or reg. form

Rachel (f): Small frame, runs up to 50 mph

Gabriel (m): Birdlike golden eyes (vision), extending claws, unfolding wings allow max. flight speed 250 mph

Isabelle (f): Ability to warp bend and otherwise control energy

Forrest (m): Spits acid (ph level 3-1?) sharp teeth, pointy ears, tail, minor stick-to-wall ability

Foster (m): Teleportation, max. distance 5 miles

Merle (f): Shapeshifter, large black bird

Nicholas/Nick (m): Amazingly fast mind, allows quicker reflexes, more brain activity etc.

Jennifer (f): Limited teleportation (250 ft.), Telekinesis (max. weight 1,000 pounds.), Telapathy

Aibigail (f): Healing powers, herself and others

Justin Kase (m): Lightweight frame, run up to 75 mph.

Ryan Daniels (m): Mutant enhanced muscle, lift up to roughly 2,000 lbs. Not verly big, just muscular

Bault (M): Manipulate Fire

Jamie (f): Telepathic, minor organic material manipulation

Dwayne Hardy (m): Strong, up to 4,000 pounds, can gather and release small amounts of energy

Casie (f): walk through walls, teleport up to 1 mile, good hand eye coordination

(JUST A FEW MUTANTS)
Last edited by Torpid on Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

139 Reviews

Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:50 pm
Torpid says...

(NOW, HUMANS AND EXTRAS) all i got for now...

Alexander (M): Anti-Mutant operative, militaristic human age 31

Walter (m): Anti-Mutant scientist, human age 45

Jason (m): Anti-Mutant operative, militaristic human age 26

Micheal (M): Anit-Mutant operative, militaristic human age 27

Shane Shaw (M): Human vigilante, multi millionaire, age is upper 20's

Sen. Jane Connal (f): Secret Mutant, protestor and Anti-Mutant politician, age 30's

139 Reviews

Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:00 pm
Torpid says...

And also, thank you all for contributing and helping me out.
~Torpid

139 Reviews

Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:41 pm
Torpid says...

No relpy's eh?

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:03 am
Griffinkeeper says...

X-men fan-fics can go into the new fan-fiction forum.

As for your 'characters'...

I haven't seen a single one yet. All I see is a list of names, with associated genders and special abilities. You do some vague descriptions, but those only allude to vague cliches.

It's my impression that all of them have an obscene amount of power, but no character. So I'm expecting this to be one of those stories that will focus more on things blowing up than any actual character exchanges, thus destroying the would-be-characters.

How's that for a Relpy?
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

139 Reviews

Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:46 pm
Torpid says...

I was just starting to get stuff down. As for your reply, its great thanks

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:18 pm
Swires says...

If you arnt doing xmen you should apply some boundries to their powers, like debt, when power used they become weak and have to replenish through food, or a special substance. Then what if the substance goes missing, the bad guys get it? They are powerless and they need to find other ways of exploring themselves and fighting against opression.
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

The good ended happily, and the bad unhappily. That is what Fiction means.
— Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest