z

Young Writers Society

a poem..or a story?

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:26 pm
telle_04 says...

some time ago, my classmate, martin, wanted me to make him a long narrative poetry which i understand to be an epic. he wants it to be in rhythm, four lines per stanza, and he wanted a love story centered.
here's the plot which we talked about:

Argel is a perfect prince with an imperfect fate. in a few years, he will soon take over the throne, and his father insisted on choosing the fairest princesses throughout the land to marry him. but the queen reminds him of a prophecy set upon the boy when he was born. the prophecy states that, "the maiden he loves will cause him miserable death".

Ciriah, on the other hand is a fair princess who turned down all her suitors because she loves being a huntress more than just following her parents into marrying and being a queen. she crosses paths with argel when she decided to run away from her parents.

where did argel's prophecy came from?
well, some LONG time ago, when the heavens are ruled by a supreme god, some dark and ancient secret was made, and the only witnesses are tiny dust fairies. what happened was that the god killed his queen when he suspected her of treason and unfaithfulness. no one knew, except the fairies, and they hid it until the twin infants of the god were grown up.

the twin infants, Jehru and Sheira, knew nothing of their mother's death because their father told them that she drowned and died. not until prince Jehru's coronation did the fairies broke their silence and told the truth. in anger, Jehru made his father imprisoned forever, and made a prophecy that when the two moons aligned together, a male ruler will be born carrying the curse that he will die in the hands of a maiden, just as their mother died in the arms of their father.

soon, Argel realizes his fate, and he decides to cross the boundary between their world and that of the divine rulers, determined to talk to king Jehru. with the help of Ciriah, who became his companion, together they travel and cross paths with magical beings--some intended to help them and some intended to harm them.

and if Argel's lucky, he might find love along the way..

so what do you guys think?.i've started some stanzas, but i get bored limiting the lines and adding rhythm.will it be perfect for a story?

i'll gladly appreciate suggestions.thank you.
You've got the key to my heart..but have you forgotten about a duplicate?
Sorry. I've already given it to someone else.

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Sun May 03, 2009 8:13 pm
zalarus says...

you should probably make it a free verse epic poem. either that or blank verse. i think that'd add an interesting twist to it. but i don't think it should be in prose. then it might just turn into a typical fantasy novel. and there are enough of those. now if you REALLY want to make it interesting, make it a musical. in fact, i challenge you to make it into a musical. if you can, i will go into cardiac arrest.
I'll tell you this -
No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn.

You sound like a hillbilly,
We want folk singers here.

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Tue May 05, 2009 2:53 pm
telle_04 says...

zalarus wrote:you should probably make it a free verse epic poem. either that or blank verse. i think that'd add an interesting twist to it. but i don't think it should be in prose. then it might just turn into a typical fantasy novel. and there are enough of those. now if you REALLY want to make it interesting, make it a musical. in fact, i challenge you to make it into a musical. if you can, i will go into cardiac arrest.

thanks for the idea.
maybe i'll get into the musical spirit some time.
You've got the key to my heart..but have you forgotten about a duplicate?
Sorry. I've already given it to someone else.

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Thu May 07, 2009 4:51 pm
zalarus says...

haha, i said that half-jokingly. but i really do like the concept, i think it should be written in free verse, as that would add an interesting flavor to it. but thanks for humoring me ;)
peace be with you,
zalarus
I'll tell you this -
No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn.

You sound like a hillbilly,
We want folk singers here.

akdsjfh you know that feeling where you start writing a scene but then you get bored with the scene so you move on and start writing a different scene and then you get bored with that scene so you move on to an entirely different WIP and then you get bored with that so you move on-
— AceassinOfTheMoon