z

Young Writers Society

Inspiration

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:06 am
Misfitpoet1 says...

I've had writers block for like a month, so i thought it would be a good idea to ask other poets how and where do you guys find inspiration or good ideas for poems. I mean I've tried the whole just write, eventually you'll get something good thing but its just not working. Any help?

382 Reviews

Reviews: 382
Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:00 am
Dreamy says...

Write about something that you are completely obsessed with, that brings out all of your emotions.
If any person raises his hand to strike down another on the ground of religion, I shall fight him till the last breath of my life, both as the head of the Government and from outside- Jawaharlal Nehru.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:08 am
Snoink says...

Going outside and being quiet and watching things always helped me. Birds and sidewalks and clothes seem to bring out my poetic spirit, for some reason.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:31 pm
smile says...

listen to your favorite songs and think about good things you like or friends that usually help me
a friend is the person who knows the song of your heart , and he can sing it to you when you forget the words

"asma"

363 Reviews

Reviews: 363
Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:48 am
DreamWork says...

You can get inspiration from sites related to writing poetry. There are many sites that can help you out of your problems. Try this blog:
http://writersrelief.com/blog/2008/03/p ... spiration/
In addition, you can also try reading a poems from your favorite poets and try to get inspiration from their works. I hope I helped you. Anyway, good luck with your efforts!
Kudos, cheers :D
Dream high

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:24 am
rhiasofia says...

Okay, so right now, I'm having to do a 20% project for my AP Lang class. I decided that my project was going to be a book of poetry. I have until april, but that is still a lot of poetry to produce between now and then. What I do is I am constantly thinking through everything in poetic language in my head. Seriously, everything. I'll be folding laundry, and trying to make analogies and metaphors. You'll be surprised, coming up with just a few interesting lines can inspire a whole poem. And write down everything! Then, go back and reread. You never know when it will become something. I also really like just learning new vocabulary, for some reason that always inspires me. Good luck!
Your head is a living forest full of song birds
~E. E. Cummings

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696
Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:25 pm
View Likes
Audy says...

^ Haha, I do the same thing that you do Rhia. Words help me out a lot, because just by observing one word you can unpack a story. So the word "story" is history, it's got "toy" scrambled in there and I definitely do feel like hearing stories is like getting a new toy. It's got store, it's rhymes with lore. Story sounds like gory. It's a fun game :)

Observations and intense scrutiny of all things really helps me out.

I basically try to wake up and try to absorb as much detail as I can, it begins to sound like I'm narrating my life in my head x) I'll be thinking about the coldness of the floor and the toes that trace its surface -- I'll be thinking about the warmth and fluff of the sheets, and how it feels too stale upon my skin -- time to get up and shower! The way the water drapes into long chains against my skin. Always always think verbs. if I see a tree, I think about rustling maybe at first -- and then I think, I gotta go deeper, maybe the tree is weeping.

Funnily enough, the times that I cannot think of a poem to write is when I feel the most emotional. It becomes very difficult for me trying to write then!

Reviews: 1
Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:41 am
DestinyXx says...

Write about something that makes you happy, or possibly something that you enjoy doing.

Hope that helps.

“Though lovers be lost, love shall not; And death shall have no dominion.”
— Dylan Thomas