I really shouldn't vote in this poll, as I haven't read all the titles mentioned. However, I will say that Lord of the Rings wins simply because the author dedicated his life to it and Middle-Earth. No way could he lose to some modern upstart.
One ring to rule them all. One ring to find them. One ring to bring them all, and, in the darkness, bind them.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
Also, My little pony and Dr. Who aren't up there. Even so, I would have still went with LOTR.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
Cheat your landlord if you can and must, but do not try to shortchange the Muse. It cannot be done. You can’t fake quality any more than you can fake a good meal. — William S. Burroughs