z

Young Writers Society

What They Told You (started)

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:25 pm
View Likes
Jadefox says...

You drop your bag on the doorstep and ring the doorbell. At least, you would've rung the doorbell if there had been one. Instead, you use the ghoulish iron knocker centered on the door. Your life had been normal just a few days before, but now it was in a drastically unpredictable state.You were contacted by Them, an unknown organization that helps people just like you. They told you that you needed to go live at the H.O.U.S.E. You had no choice but to agree and packed your belongings and found yourself on the doorstep of the House, knocking on its green door.

Why You?

Spoiler! :
They contacted because you were different. They told you that you were obsolete and had to be removed, quietly. What makes you different? Your a mistake of humanity and shouldn't exist. They don't know why, just that you simply do and posses an ability/abilities that no one else has ever before.

What is H.O.U.S.E?

Spoiler! :
H.O.U.S.E stands for Home Of Unusual Sapiens Etc. They call H.O.U.S.E because, well, it's faster to say. H.O.U.S.E. is for the mistakes, people or beings that shouldn't exist. There they live with other mistakes, trying to go about as normally as possible. The mistakes are cared and watched for by the master of the H.O.U.S.E. The mistakes call the master, Housemaster. None of the mistakes know where the H.O.U.S.E actually is. For all the mistakes know they are on a small, mysterious island with no way out. The only way out is to learn how to control one's abilities and swear one's loyalty to Them.

Who is Housemaster?

Spoiler! :
Housemaster appears human, but is a mastermind of thought. He can manipulate anyone, human or mistake to the good of the H.O.U.S.E. For the purpose of this storybook, I will have my own character and also take on Housemaster.

What is the Conflict?

Spoiler! :
They are planning something. Something so large and horrible that the mistakes cane't figure out. The only thing the mistakes know is that They need mistakes. The mistakes know it's up to them to figure out what Their plan is and put an end to it before it's to late.

Now you know what They told you. It's up to you to join the fight to stop Them before their plan falls into place. But to do that you must piece together what that plan is exactly.

~Characters~

Spoiler! :
Your character is a mistake of humanity or etc. They can poses any ability you wish them to. If they are part of the etc. category, that would cause them to be something of another species. If you create a character that is of another species, please make it something that is able to communicate with other characters.

~Character Information Form~

Spoiler! :
1) Age:
Personality:
Appearance:
For or Against the House Master:
Other:

~Character Openings~

Housemaster-Jadefox

Mistakes:
1)Ariadne Adbury-Jadefox
2)Ava-wordsandwishes-
3)Iris-aqua1213-
4)Cameron Darko-Ignorance-
5)Kelly Meyers -LoyalHeart-
6) Scarlett-Omniyus-
7)Arijah Chaisty -Blackwood-
8 ) Lakin Flyn-Starleene-
9) Diabolus -Animal
10)Marley Simmons -littleauthor-
11)Karr Edwardson -Stellabeam-
12)Vic -winterbites-

If this is filled and you want to join please let me know. I'm pretty flexible with the number of characters. Anymore questions about this SB just ask and I'll answer!
Last edited by Jadefox on Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:17 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Every book you've ever read is just a recombination of 26 letters.

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:37 pm
View Likes
wordsandwishes says...

*Spot reserved for Female 'Mistake' ^u^*

Name: Ava

Power: Ava has the ability to both inflict, and take away excrutiating pain. She's also telepathic with her sister Iris.

Personality: Ava is very persuasive and a rutheless negotiator. She is also very couragous, and often ends up the un-said leader in maney situations. She is intellegent, and a force to be reconned with. She's also extremely loyal, and will protect the ones she loves with her life.
If you have a problem with her? Fine, you take it up with her. But when you bring her friends and family into it? You've crossed the line.

Appearence: Ava is beautiful but intimidating. She has a rather... commanding presence. Her physical appearence is also strong. Ava is fit, has long wavy black hair that falls past her thighs, and bright hazle eyes that are usually either twinkling with amusement, or burning with anger. She is also fair skinned, and has a strange violet birthmark on the back of her neck resembling liquid fire.

Side: Extremely against the house master.

Up for love? Not that she'll ever admit it but...yup, straight. ^u^
Last edited by wordsandwishes on Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:52 pm
View Likes
Nook says...

Me too! Reserve a female human mistake for me! :D
HERE>>OTAKU FOR LIFE<<HERE
"People's feelings are memories that transcend time[that's why they're so hard to forget]." - Steins;Gate(Makise)
"I'm not stupid. I'm just too lazy to show how smart I am." -Hyouka(Oreki)

61 Reviews

Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:41 pm
View Likes
Jadefox says...

Ariadne Adbury
Ability: Can make dreams or thoughts real.
Personality/Appearance:
Wild blonde curls reach her waist. She never combs or brushes the tangled mass, but there was some sort of beauty to how it tumbles over most of her face. On a good day, you could see a gray eye peeking around her long bangs. She is as pale as the moon and prefers to stay inside, away from the sun. Somehow, freckles sprinkled her cheeks and nose. She is thin and quiet, scarcely speaking to a soul. She poured over books of all genres. From Jane Austen to Aldous Huxley, she'd read them all. A wild imagination had grown inside, absorbing her very being and soul. Somewhere in the mix, her every dream, thought, and whim became reality. Her stories became living and breathing creations of her mind. When her nightmares or thoughts become especially bad, Ariadne will transpose her thoughts and dreams to her dream journal. Sometimes the dream journal method works, and she avoids her ability. Inside or beside the ocean is where she feels most at peace and most in control of her mind.

For or against House Master: Does not state her opinions aloud.

History:
Born in San Francisco, California, Ariadne grew up with a love for the ocean. She lived with her grandmother, Rose, who loved her as much as her own mother should have. Ariadne was born to a young, troubled, young woman who left Ariadne with her grandmother days after she was born. Ariadne feels no connection or longing for her mother, who she has never had a conversation with. Ariadne and her grandmother noticed her strange abilities when Ariadne would have a particularly terrifying nightmare or become very emotional. When either of these situations would occur, her very thought or nightmare would appear for a brief amount of time. At the moment, Ariadne's Ability is unpredictable and dangerous.

Other: Here's a photograph of Ariadne~http://cdnimg.visualizeus.com/thumbs/1f/50/women,beauty,cold,girl,hair-1f50c77927e2c8e1ecd7f0c0e9e2212d_h.jpg. Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to attatch it...
Last edited by Jadefox on Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:56 am, edited 3 times in total.

61 Reviews

Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:58 pm
View Likes
Jadefox says...

Housemaster
Ability: Master at manipulation and control. Some say he has "mind controlling abilities."

Personality/Appearance:

A tall, skinny man, he stalks the halls of the H.O.U.S.E. He generally is found in his study, which has massive windows where he can overlook the entire yard. His nose is found as a silent joke among the mistakes, but none comment on it's beak-like shape. He has an air of evil that follows him about the H.O.U.S.E., even though he rarely shows any emotion, his punishments are quite cruel. He dresses in gray pinstripe suits that always appear to hang off his shoulders.
He also has a nasty habit of running his hands through his greasy, gray hair before shaking hands or making any physical contact with anybody. Physical contact is something that he avoids.

When Housemaster becomes present in a room, many never take note of him. He is much like a shadow by blending into the background, never making a sound until required. With his monochrome wardrobe and pale skin, his features never make a large impact on one's memory. Up close, he is something of a horror. With large elephant ears and a protruding beak-nose and crooked teeth, many find him a disturbing sight when in close quarters with him. However, he has a way with remaining calm and twisting words to form ideas in one's head that can cause them to relax and obey his every whim.

For or against House Master: In favor for himself, but obediently obeys Them.
History:

Appointed by Them to care for the Mistakes. Any other historical origin of Housemaster is unknown.
Last edited by Jadefox on Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:34 am
KingLucifer says...

Female mistake.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

332 Reviews

Reviews: 332
Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:51 am
Blackwood says...

This sounds awesome, I would participate even if I do not post much around here. Let me know if there are any more spaces left before I say anything more.
Hahah....haha.....ahahaha.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:54 am
Omni says...

I would love to reserve a spot for a male mistake?
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

332 Reviews

Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:54 pm
View Likes
Blackwood says...

Here is my information. Also @ wordsandwishes, I think my character may clash just slightly but I wrote all of this last night before I read your character at all and I can think of a potential work around.

(Appearance)
He calls himself Arijah Chaisty (ah-rye-jah) but it is unlikely that this is his real name as he has had many many names before. His face is youthful and smooth yet at the same time his age is hard to distinguish. Although in average daylight he seems around nineteen or twenty he could look as childish as sixteen in his sleep or as old as twenty-five in a harsh hard light. He is older than you think and has seen the world for about three thousand years. He has long white hair because although youth and strength is preserved, colour pigment was not. His skin is light, but not pale or sickly, and has many faint markings on his skin underneath his clothing. He wears formal attire, preferring suits and dress shirts that date back to the 1800's. He has a slim build but is not particularly tall standing around 5"7-8.

(Personality)
He also speaks very formally and has an accent that seems to fit in everywhere but is predominantly British. He does not speak often and when he does it is only when he thinks he has something necessarily important to say and will often remain silent to questions or statements directed at him. When he talks to others he reveals a cynical and sadist personality and has absolutely no compassion toward others. He is completely emotionless and impassive, his face vaguely giving off expression when in company. He often seeks refuge in solitude and wishes to keep to himself but that has become increasingly difficult with many new arrivals. In general, he seems to hate everyone and is very unkind.

(History?)
However he has a problem. He has been on a strict dosage of medication for a long time that usually included two very particular tablets twice per day. This is to suppress an unusual pain that tortures both his body and mind. Sometimes if the tablets potency fails he will lock himself away with emergency dosages or sleep inducing anesthetics which have a tendency to give him nightmares.Sometimes he just seems to disappear.

But why is he a mistake?
Because of his extremely secretive nature nobody knows what causes his physical torture nor why he is there, but it has been noticed that he has no sense to ordinary inflections nor is susceptible to death at all.
But of course there is a reason. After-all he is a mistake, he should not exist. But if I tell you everything that would make it a whole lot less exciting to find out. Would it not?

Housemaster?
He is strongly for the housemaster because ever since he offered himself to join the house when it was founded he has been conveniently supplied with pain relief. He prefers to confide anything he has to say to the house master because for him trust does not come easily and he has known the housemaster the longest.

Profile of him I sketched. Do not open if you like imagination and prefer to imagine character appearances yourself! If my description was poor then go ahead and look.
Spoiler! :
yes I know in my attempts to make him appear young he may appear a little bit too girlish... please excuse, I am not used to drawing realistic.

Note:
I have a complete reason about why he is a mistake already drafted up so if it is really necessary that I put it here then I can. I feel like I am taking a risk by not putting it because it is possible to have a clash of ideas (like there has been already) :( :( But i just want to say... he is NOT a vampire no way.. never... no one better even think that.
Last edited by Blackwood on Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

332 Reviews

Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:52 am
Blackwood says...

By the way, is this story book going to be third or first person? I personally would prefer third because having everyone in first person does not flow as well and can become confusing.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:58 am
View Likes
KingLucifer says...

Name: Kelly Myers

Mistake: Vampire: She has an affinity for fire, but is blind, and pretends to be unable to actually fight, when she is fully capable of defending herself though a special ability known as Blood Sense, which allows her to sense warm blooded creatures around her. She has other things such as hanging from ceilings, mastery in swordplay mainly a rapier. But her main draw is her senses, due to have lost her seeing, all of her others senses heightened, hearing, sensing, feeling, and smell all of them are heightened.

Personality: Kelly has been blind for most of her life because of it she's used to not needing to see, and has since relied of Blood Sense to help her get though life. She's not one to care for good and bad and will help whoever serves her purpose of survival more, she's a known blood sucker in the house, but appears harmless until you try to kill her. Then she'll show that harmless, is not what she is.

Appearance:Shes tall unlike most girls, has a lean figure with long brunette hair and blank eyes due to her blindness. She wears a pure black jacket with a dark gray shirt underneath when she leaves it unzipped. And she wears solid black tight jeans and on special occasions she wears high heels. all other times she wears sneakers.

For or Against the House Master: She doesn't care one way or another, she's a vampire and things will pass eventually, she's never been the one for good or evil, it's whoever serves her purpose more, the only reason she came to the house is because a lot less drama, and was given blood in order to keep and stay in the house.

Other: None.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

61 Reviews

Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:10 pm
Jadefox says...

Let's do it in third if everybody can do that. It would be easier to read and follow along.

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:43 pm
Starleene says...

I don't know if this has started yet, but can I join? I can come up with a pretty quick profile.
Jhinx called me old. Rude.

332 Reviews

Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:36 pm
Blackwood says...

On that note, when do you plan on beginning?

61 Reviews

Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:42 am
View Likes
Jadefox says...

To Starleene: Yes I'll put you down for joining! And everybody else: I plan on starting when the majority of people who are in the SB submit their profiles. There's only five including mine. Probably sometime tomorrow to give the others some time. I'll post the first part tomorrow, later in the day (West Coast Time). Hopefully by then we'll have everybody. If not, they can catch up!

Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.
— Abraham Lincoln