z

Young Writers Society

The Mountain Children-- Not started, Closed!

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:52 pm
LadySpark says...

This SB is closed. There are no more spaces. if you really want to join, PM me or post on my wall.

You are one of the mountain children, an orphan that lives in the woods. When your parents died, (under mysterious circumstances) you received a package by carrier pigeon. A pendant is laying among the tissue paper, and you put it on. As soon as you put it on, your feet start moving, taking you on a long walk to a mountain. They don’t stop, and you can’t make them till you reach a clearing. Other children of various ages are arriving as you do, and your feet stop moving. A young woman stands in the middle of the clearing, wearing what looks like clothing made out of leaves. She tells you that you are one of the mountain children, born from nature, and the ‘Master’ has called you back to your home. You all have a power, and he needs your help. There is a group of ‘dark ones’ rising up from hell, and they want to take over the peaceful Mountains and seas, to make desolate miserable dessert. It’s up to you to force the ‘dark ones’ back to hell.

DT THREAD!

Powers-

Water Wielders-
You are water wielders. You can make water do anything, as long as you’re near a source. If it’s raining, you can make it stop, you can make a almost dry well fill up with water again, it just has to have a drop of water.

Fire Masters-
You are the fire masters. You can make fire out of thin air, and make it do anything you want it too. The only problem is, when you wield fire, your energy drains and how fast it drains depends on how much you use and how long you use it as well.

Earth shakers-
You are the children that can use the earth to your advantage. Whether it be causing a cyclone, or causing an earthquake. Your disadvantage is, you can’t leave the ground. If you fly somewhere, swim or take a boat somewhere, your energy will be totally drained and you will pretty much enter a coma. This is the most dangerous of all of the powers.

Wind Spirits-
the rarest of all, wind spirits can use the wind in any way the wish. This is the only power that doesn’t really have any disadvantages, but the person chosen as a wind spirit usually dies from using too much power at once. Since wind is so unpredictable, you might have a lot of power one day, and none the next. Your mood and well being depends on the wind too.

(Only one wind spirit profile is available.)

Rules-
1. No Godmodding
2. No sex scenes. Romance, kissing (even a little farther than that if you wish,) but NO sex scenes.
3. Cussing is allowed, but the F-word is not. Under any circumstances. Try to keep the cussing to a bare minimum.
4. No killing off any character without the owner's permission and informing me first.
(on that note, if you wish to leave the SB, let me know and we’ll arrange your death.)
5. All basic YWS rules
6. I am the ruler of this SB. If I tell you to do something, you do it, or risk getting kicked out of the SB. No questions asked.
7. Please post all off topics on the DT.
8. I reserve the right to tell you your profile is not up to scratch.
9. All posts must be 300+ characters. No double posting! Wait 24 hours.

Profiles-

Code: Select all
[b] Name- [/b]
[b] Gender- [/b]
[b] Age- [/b] (between 12 and 20)
[b] Power- [/b]
[b] Personality- [/b]
[b] Strengths and weakness’- [/b] (At least 5 of each)
[b] Appearance- [/b] (picture and description. No anime or 4D)
[b] History- [/b]
[b] Up for love? Orientation. [/b]
[b] Pendant- [/b]
[b] Other- [/b]

Spots-
(more can be added, except to wind spirits.)
W.W.-
1. CelticaNoir (2 charries--twins)
2. Italian
3. Cookie

F.M.-
1. Murt
2. Saga

E.S.-

1. Pixie
2. Tommy
3. Crm

W.S.-
1. Spark of Doubt

People you should listen too at all times-
SparkOfDoubt
CelticaNoir
Last edited by LadySpark on Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:38 pm, edited 12 times in total.
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:55 pm
CelticaNoir says...

Claiming a Water Wielder!
I am the workingman, the inventor, the maker of the world's food and clothes.
I am the audience that witnesses history.
- Carl Sandburg, I am the People, the Mob

249 Reviews

Reviews: 249
Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:20 pm
View Likes
murtuza says...

Name-

Kendrick Elwood

Gender-

Male

Age- (between 12 and 20)

Power-

Fire Master

Personality-

Kendrick is someone who believes in himself and his abilities. He's always been sure of where he's headed. He's always direct in his approach and doesn't beat around the bush. Despite his seemingly serious demeanour, he is sometimes aloof and even forgetful. He's funny and witty but can get a little clumsy too. He doesn't like ignorant people nor does he like those who take advantage of his trust. He is very good at controlling his temper and has a great deal of patience as well. He gets spooked easily and dislikes being interrupted from his slumber. He's a good sport and takes his losses and winnings in stride, being a Cricket, Basketball and Soccer/Football player himself.

He prefers not talking about his now deceased parents and if ever he begins to, he develops sudden waves of anger that slowly ebb to form streams of sorrow and regret over how helpless and absent he was at the time of his parents' death. He's always wanted to be someone who can make himself useful. Someone, who can be depended upon. He doesn't forgive very easily but is talkative and friendly to anyone he chances by.

He is a great actor. He sometimes masks his emotions to prevent others from knowing what is affecting him on the inside. He has great control over his fire-manipulating abilities ever since realized them from age 6.

Strengths and weakness’- (At least 5 of each)

Strengths

Confident; extremely trustworthy; accepting of others; great control over his power; has a calm aura about him and is highly perceptive.

Weaknesses

Not the most forgiving person; forgetful and clumsy; doesn't plan his actions as much as he used to and just wings it now, even if in dire straits; sleeps a lot; is afraid of using his powers to its full potential or else it might devour himself and everyone else with him.

Appearance- (picture and description. No anime or 4D)

Kendrick is 5' 11" and has soft, black hair. His eyes are green but when he activates his Fire-manipulating abilities, they turn a light, but bright shade of orange.

History-

Kendrick was like any ordinary 17 year old teenager but with a not-so-ordinary power he kept carrying around with him. He was never too loud about it, but just quietly aware.

All this while, Kendrick had it all planned out. He knew what he had to do with his life and how he would do it. When his parents died on that day and Kendrick found out, he felt a world of emotions raging inside him. Living in a house and constantly being loved, encouraged and supported by his mother and father for so long and having their death bring everything to a screeching halt wasn't something Kendrick was prepared for.

After receiving his package the same night his parents passed away, Kendrick began questioning what his true purpose was in this world and whether his extraordinary ability could save himself and, possibly everyone he would ever care for. He suspected the package to have something to do with his parents' death. To him, it had to.

Up for love? Orientation.

Yes. Straight.

Pendant-

Other-

Kendrick loves cake. He has a habit of twirling his hair whenever he becomes lost in his thoughts. He is an avid auto-enthusiast.
Last edited by murtuza on Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:11 pm, edited 6 times in total.
It's not about the weight of what's spoken.
It's about being heard.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:21 pm
Caesar says...

Scusa, ma... :?
can I claim any of the bad guys? Do they have the same powers as listed above, or not? If not, it could be an idea that the bad guys could have the exact opposite of the good guys (es. Fire= the ability to quench fire; Water= the ability to drain water, etc.)
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

355 Reviews

Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:23 pm
LadySpark says...

ItalianIlluminist wrote:Scusa, ma... :?
can I claim any of the bad guys? Do they have the same powers as listed above, or not? If not, it could be an idea that the bad guys could have the exact opposite of the good guys (es. Fire= the ability to quench fire; Water= the ability to drain water, etc.)

The bad guys are no available, sorry. Just the good guys! No one really knows what the bad guys can do, but rest assured we will find out. Sorry!
hush, my sweet

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:38 pm
Caesar says...

Well then, I claim a Water Wielder :D
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

355 Reviews

Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:43 pm
View Likes
LadySpark says...

Name-
Allyn Lane
Gender-
Female
Age-
Power-
Wind Spirit
Personality-
Allyn is a free spirit. She's always dreaming, always enjoying life. She's quiet, but once you get to know her, she's a funny girl, if a little ditzy sometimes. She's always writing something, and keeps her blue notebook with her at all times. She isn't really fazed by anything, but she doesn't like arguments. She either starts shouting at everyone involved, or just runs away. She doesn't like it when people betray her trust either. She'll basically never speak to you again, and she will never ever let you back into her confidence. So beware. She holds on to things longer than she should, and refuses to let things go. #1 grudge holder. She's very theatrical and dramatic at times, and loves to sing show tunes all over the place. Her most prized possession is her iPod touch.

At heart, she's very romantic, and loves to write love stories and poetry.
Strengths and weakness’- (At least 5 of each)
Strengths-
Even though her brain is a little flighty, she works very well in a tight spot. Her world was torn apart by her parents death, so now, she never lets her emotions show, so basically, she has a great poker face. She can charm people when she wants too, and her natural good looks and innocent smile make it very easy. She can keep secrets, and people realize this, so they tell her things.

Weakness'-
She hardly forgives, and never forgets. She's been hurt a lot, so she's probably not going to open up to you easily. Even though she's happy a lot, sometimes random things send her into rages, or tantrums (just like the wind.) She doesn't like to be around a lot of people at one time, and prefers just one person at a time. She gets major migraines that put her in bed for days.
Appearance- (picture and description. No anime or 4D)
She's has cherry red hair from an accident dying her hair, and is about 5'3. She's always wearing big glasses like the girl in the picture, and she's almost as pale. She also really likes lipstick. xD She does have a small infinity sign tattoo above her left hip. She likes to wear pale purple eye shadow, and sometimes a little bit of eyeliner. She's usually wearing some kind of sundress with her favorite pair of chuck T's.
Her eyes are hazel, and turn green when she's mad, and almost gold when she's insanely happy.
History-
Allyn's parents died on her sixteenth birthday, and that night she received her pendant. Before that, she had a pretty normal life. She was involved with her school news paper, and she also was involved in drama. She has had a couple of experiences with her talent before, such as floating off the floor for a few moments, or the wind picking up things when she's angry. She never really noticed it though.
Yes, yes yes and yes. Straight.
Pendant-
Other-
If you need to imagine her personality a bit more, imagine me :3
Last edited by LadySpark on Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
hush, my sweet

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:15 pm
View Likes
Saga97 says...

I'd like to claim a fire master. An it says water spirit on your profile not wind ;)
Where adventures are made
and hero's are born.
Where villians are slain
and friendships live on.

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:12 pm
PixieStix says...

I'll take an Earth Shaker :) posting profile soon.
All you need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie-dust!

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:14 pm
KingLucifer says...

Allow me to burn my enemies as a fire weilder.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:18 pm
KingLucifer says...

In english I'll reserve a spot for a girl but may drop out later.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:17 pm
PixieStix says...

Name- Ivanna Vans
Gender- Female
Age- (between 12 and 20) 17
Power- Earth Shaker
Personality- She really loves to just hang out and laugh. She has comeback. Total additide and Will curse you out if needed. She's really fun once you get to know her but when you first meet her she might seem like a jerk. AlWAYS try to get on her good side. She has power, and she's not afraid to use it. When you become friends with her she becomes really nice, funny and playfull. She doesn't like to read at all and would never read books. She likes to climb and swim.
Strengths and weakness’- (At least 5 of each): strengths- running, climbing, Prettyness, Sports, and getting what she wants. Weaknesses- Reading, Not being on the ground, makeup, controlling herself, girls that think they are better then her.
Appearance- (picture and description. No anime or 4D):
http://photos.posh24.com/p/182059/l/van ... udgens.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-eNG-NtU6Hi8/T ... ns-012.jpg
She has brown hair with blonde highlights. She likes wearing earthy cloths, mostly brown and green with seashells and boots. She has large brown eyes that always catch people off-guard.
History- Ivanna was born in Florida, near the beach. She has three younger sisters and one older brother. Her parents were killed in an car crash so her and her brother take care of her sisters. She's really good with kids. Ivanna moved more near the beach, feeling more alive near it. Her brother's name is Josh. He looks like this-
http://cinemacomrapadura.com.br/imagens ... ner-20.jpg
And he's really overprotective of Ivanna.
Up for love? Orientation. Yep, straight orientation.
Pendant- :
http://theevolutionstore.com/modules/st ... _m3506.jpg
Other- She speaks spanish.

Last edited by PixieStix on Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All you need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie-dust!

Reviews: 4
Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:33 am
crmcgill says...

Name- Shannon Higgins
Gender- Female
Age- 12
Power- Earth Shaker
Personality- At first glance, Shannon doesn't appear to be a powerful Earth Shaker. She's a little thing, a ghost of a child. She has a bright personality, and loves to live life and laugh. She does this to hide the pain of knowing that her parents are dead. She is the kind of child that everybody can't help but at least smile at. She's always laughing, always having fun. Shannon doesn't like people who think that they are better than her, and she tries to stay away from people who are much bigger than her.
Strengths- She is a very fast runner, knows basic edible plants, is so small that she can hide easily, can use a bow (although she doesn't like to hurt people), and she has a pretty, breathy singing voice. (she enjoys singing old Irish Folk Songs.)
Weaknesses-She is scared of people who are bigger than her. She is reluctant to injure, let alone kill, a person. She is afraid of her own power, so she doesn't use her power to its fullest. In her quest to have fun and forget her parents, she often pulls pranks that make people angry at her. She cannot tell a lie, and even a little white lie is hard for her.
Appearance- She usually wears a soft green tank top with lace on it, along with cutoff shorts and flip-flops. She always keeps a canvas backpack, which she has scribbled flowers in permanet marker on. She is almost 5 foot tall, and slender, although she isn't too skinny. She always wears a ring made of a shell, and won't take it off for anything. Her green eyes sometimes seem to glow in the dark, and the turn even greener when she uses her power as an Earth Shaker.

Spoiler! :

History- Shannon was born in Appalacia, to a loving family. When she was eight, her mother has a miscarriage. The family started to fall apart after that, and one month after signing the divorce papers, her parents just disappeared. The police found their bodies high in the mountains, with no evident cause of death. That's when the carrier pigeon came.
Up for love? Orientation. Well, she's straight, but then again, she's only twelve. So probably not up for love.
Pendant-
Spoiler! :

Other- She keeps a picture of her parents in her bag, and will not let anybody touch it. She also has a bit of an Irish accent, as picked up from her immigrant father.

Hope this is okay!
Last edited by crmcgill on Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Open the gates and seize the day! Don't be afraid and don't delay.

To die would be an awfully big adventure.

I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

Just call me Gill!

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:46 am
ScarlettFire says...

Place holder for profiles. Fire girl and Earth boy.

Edit: I'm reaaaaally sorry, Drams, but I'm afraid I have to drop out. Too many SBs/Too much going on in Real Life. It sucks.
Spoiler! :
(Someone want to murder my life right about now?)
Last edited by ScarlettFire on Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:55 am
Saga97 says...

Name- Max Gala

Gender- Male

Age- (between 12 and 20)

Power-
Fire Master

Personality-
He used to be very fun and hyperactive, but after badly hurting his best friend when he lost control he started thinking he was a freak. Slowly he became as you call it emo.

Strengths and weakness’-
Strengths- He is very persuasive. He is really smart but doesn't show it a lot. He runs really fast, has won couple of medals for it. Martial arts is his specialty and it made him light on his feet so he is a great sneaker.

Weakness- He gets a little nervous around girls. He has very little concentration especially when he is in school. Working with others isn't his cup of tea and he get very claustrophobic.

Appearance-
He has black messy hair and eyes which you barely see because of the lump of hair on his head. He always wears a mix of colorful wristbands and most often wears only a t-shirt with a logo of a band, blue jeans and black and blue converse sneakers but sometimes puts on a black torn down hoodie. Picture below.

History-
His parents died in a fire accident a week before he turned fourteen. His life hadn't been all that great before that, at the age of six he knew he was different but in his mind he was a freak. He keeps to himself because he is afraid of hurting others. There is only one thing he loves to do and that is martial arts, he learned karate and tae kwon do both of which he learned very fast. He was very surprised when he got his pendant on his fourteenth birthday but he put it on and never took it off again.

Yes, straight

Pendant-
Picture below

Other-
He unknowingly bites his hand when he is stressed or uncomfortable.
Attachments
max p.jpg
Max's pendant
Max.jpg
Max
Last edited by Saga97 on Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Where adventures are made
and hero's are born.
Where villians are slain
and friendships live on.

I’d heard he had started a fistfight in one of the seedier local taverns because someone had insisted on saying the word “utilize” instead of “use".
— Patrick Rothfuss, A Wise Man's Fear