z

Young Writers Society

I have answers for makeup and skincare questions!!

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:44 am
GengarIsBestBoy says...

@LadyMysterio

They’re fairly new, I think. My eyelids are sort of oily i guess, but not as much as other areas of my face
That’s the thing with life: no one makes it out alive.

—Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice the Musical

[Gengar! :D they/she]
[Spooky month fan, internet cryptid, certified nerd]

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:49 am
EllieMae says...

@LadyMysterio i think i must have cool tones because all my veins are blue and some are purple. i put the paper by my face and its just red and pink haha

so if i ever wanted to learn how to wear makeup, and recs for what color i should use?
”Life can only be understood backward, but it must be lived forwards (so you might as well do Duolingo ).”

Was ailah2005
Then AilahEvelynMae
and is now EllieMae

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:21 am
View Likes
LadyMysterio says...

@GengarIsBestBoy
Humm ok interesting, I'd say it's probably the eyeliner formula then?? Have you had this issue with all eyeliners?
I know my worth, anyone else opinion doesn't really matter
-Agent Carter

56 Reviews

Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:27 am
View Likes
LadyMysterio says...

@AilahEvelynMae sounds like your cool toned to me! For colours I'd say stick to cooler tones. So things with cool undertones. You can usually tell a "brown" is cool because it'll look kinda ashy. but anything with a blue/purple undertone will do. If you ever cant figure out the undertone your welcome to pm it to me, or Google it. Sometimes it'll say online. Or if you are able to swatch the colour and compare it to others, you can usually pick out the warmer vrs cooler ones by comparison.
Humm would you like me to link some recs? Or just give you some good colour ideas?
I could do both to give you a good idea.
-Agent Carter

210 Reviews

Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:57 am
EllieMae says...

@LadyMysterio that would be AMAZING! yes to both please and thanks :pirate3:

so does this work with clothes too? like will these colours look better on me?
”Life can only be understood backward, but it must be lived forwards (so you might as well do Duolingo ).”

Was ailah2005
Then AilahEvelynMae
and is now EllieMae

56 Reviews

Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:51 pm
View Likes
LadyMysterio says...

Ok! I'll look at work stuff do you have a preface on where you'd like to buy makeup? Hum it probably works with clothes too. I don't see why not

I also want to say to you both @luxeterna and @AilahEvelynMae while I said the colours that suit you best are the ones similar to your undertone. You can totally experiment with other colours!!! (Also with neutral you have room to suit most anyway) Even though makeup has rules, their there to teach, and be broken. Makeup supposed to be fun, so don't feel like you HAVE to stick to certain colours.experiment and see what you like on yourself. Matching the colours of your undertone is just a good place to start for things that will look good.

I'm cool toned, but I like wearing warm bronze or oranges around my eyes to make my blue eyes pop. Or even a warmer red lipstick sometimes.
-Agent Carter

210 Reviews

Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:46 pm
EllieMae says...

@LadyMysterio thanks so much for all of this info!! Honestly Id probably only buy makeup online or at grocery stores i go to... so just drugstore stuff :) right now I love close to a walmart but once i move home... well theres no grocery store in our town so itll be all online!

Was ailah2005
Then AilahEvelynMae
and is now EllieMae

56 Reviews

Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:18 pm
View Likes
LadyMysterio says...

@AilahEvelynMae Ok! Here's some stuff I found on the Walmart website. but I'd say Elf, NYX, Revlon, are some good brands(I've only ever tried Annabelle's pencil liners, but I do really like them)

The pallets are mostly cool toned, I think I put a warm toned own in there I thought would work. But a good way to tell is to swipe through pictures and hold your hand up to the colours to see how they look. Also if theirs any pictures of colour swatches on models.

Eyeshadow pallets
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/elf-cosmet ... om=/search

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/elf-cosmet ... 0197769810

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/nyx-profes ... EN74DAI42R

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/NYX-PROFES ... GDEBQ44WE4

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/elf-cosmet ... 0198942051

Pencil liner(I use these currently)(also @GengarIsBestBoy if u want a pencil liner suggestion these ones are really nice, I've never had an issue with these)
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/annabelle- ... 0201573695

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/annabelle- ... 0206411107

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/annabelle- ... 0206411363

Lips!
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/loral-pari ... 5223333144

Colours for that lipstick:
Spiced cider
Cinnamon toast
Mica
Seine sunset
Classic wine
Rouge st germain

I think most of these colours would work for this lipgloss.
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/maybelline ... 0201411461

Any other colours suggestions in anything? I could only think of this stuff. But please let me know.
-Agent Carter

210 Reviews

Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:07 pm
EllieMae says...

@LadyMysterio WOW THIS IS AMAZING!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!! youre so awesome!! this is extremely helpful!!!!

Was ailah2005
Then AilahEvelynMae
and is now EllieMae

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:13 pm
luxeterna says...

oh my goodness such good informations. this was like a bajillion posts ago but yes that is what i was asking about the face shape thing lol
True love is the greatest thing in the world
except for a nice mlt
Wonderin' if your heart's still open
And if so I wanna know what time it shuts

Can't you tell that I'll write a song about nothing
To tell you that you're something else

.˳˳.⋅ઇ ଓ

56 Reviews

Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:51 pm
View Likes
LadyMysterio says...

@luxetern ok! so is say for basic makeup, something like this would work.

Emphasis your check bones but putting blush on them, or put the blush almost directly under your eye, and up your cheekbones(blush creates an effect of fullness and lift. So depending on if you have fuller cheeks and want to draw away from that, put it more so on the cheek bone) it might look/feel weird, but try it. Start with a very light application.
I'd also add some concealer just under your cheekbones, (think bottom of ear)just a dot blended forward should do) you can also put some on the inner and out corners of the eye, in-between your eyebrows(you can blend it up a bit too) pop a bit around your nose and chin if you want too.

Also I do my blush first because I love wearing a lot of blush, and putting concelae on after helps me even out any edges and soften it if I need to. I also like putting blush on the bridge of my nose, because I think it looks cute, and on the sides of my forehead, just very light.

But basically this is what different makeup does to your face

Blush:adds fullness and brings areas "out"
Concealer: highlights, brings light, can make areas appear to have more surface area
Bronzer:warms the face and can act similarly to blush. If you find a blush is too bright or too mush, if you put a bit of bronzer over too it should tone it down a bit and make it more natural looking.
Contour:adds shadow and depth, makes areas look like they have less surface area
Highlighter: basically the same as concealer but sparkly hehe
-Agent Carter

122 Reviews

Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:45 am
GengarIsBestBoy says...

Hey! I have another question, this time about acne wash:

Can i use acne wash without moisturizer? I’ve always used acne wash without moisturizer, but it leaves my skin dry. I have a face wash that’s 5% benzoyl peroxide (i used to use it a lot but i kinda forgot to… but i’m starting to pick it back up again). I usually apply it on my chin, forehead, nose, and in-between eyebrows

I’m asking because I see all this talk about moisturizers, but… i really don’t wanna have to buy 50 different products just to not have acne.

56 Reviews

Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:16 am
View Likes
LadyMysterio says...

@GengarIsBestBoy I'd say probably yes, but I'll look into face washes with benzoyl peroxide quickly. Do you find your skin gets dry or oily through out the day?
-Agent Carter

122 Reviews

Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:28 am
GengarIsBestBoy says...

@LadyMysterio only parts of my face are oily throughout the day (nose and forehead), everything else is pretty much normal

56 Reviews

Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:26 am
View Likes
LadyMysterio says...

Ok good to know. Did some research on acne washes with benzoyl peroxide. If it's drying your oily skin out like that, you should definitely use a moisturizer. Because the reason your skin is oily is because it gets dry and over produces oil, so if your use a wash that drys your skin out, with out a moisturizer. It's probably making your skin way more oily, and then stripping it of any moisture, so when it does over produces oil, that's gonna sit in your pores and clot them.

I can recommend some good moisturizer for oily skin, or if you have any ideas to pass by me, that works too.
-Agent Carter

If I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it more.
— Jane Austen