z

Young Writers Society

The Tavern

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:49 am
creativityrules says...

Rosie smiles and curtseys awkwardly; it isn't very formal since she's wearing ripped up jeans, but it doesn't matter. She walks up to Fire, reaches out to take his hand, and says,

"It would be my pleasure."
“...it's better to feel the ache inside me like demons scratching at my heart than it is to feel numb the way a dead body feels when you touch it."

-Brian James

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:05 am
thetraveler says...

Seeing SirTobes asleep, Trav walks behind the chair where Crow is sitting, and takes the book from his hands before asking, in a really, really appealing voice,
"Wanna dance?"

Crow is stunned.

He shakes his head fiercely, the surprise still spread on his face. He steals his book back, and continues reading.
Trav walks away, muttering, "suit yourself..." before walking off to dance with Harry and Ron under the invisibility cloak.
"Elementary, my dear Watson"
:D :D :D
Spoiler! :
SPOILED!!!

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:53 pm
BrendaLeeAyala says...

Hello, my name is Brenda Lee Ayala, I am a writter and aspiring author. I will be attending film school to become a screenplay writter. Just thought about introducing myself. I am here to learn and share points of view :)

Random avatar

Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:54 pm
BrendaLeeAyala says...

Hello, my name is Brenda Lee Ayala, I am a writter and aspiring author. I will be attending film school to become a screenplay writter. Just thought about introducing myself. I am here to learn and share points of view :)

Random avatar

Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:59 pm
BrendaLeeAyala says...

Hey I see some of you also post songs anyone writes song lyrics? I've written a few ;) but I think I need to rearrange my lyrics :P

Random avatar

Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:05 pm
BrendaLeeAyala says...

How do I upload my picture or avatar?? Hey the dinosaur avatar sort of suits me!!, but i would like to have my own picture here :D any suggestions?? "giggles"

28 Reviews

Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:50 pm
thetraveler says...

Trav looks from where she is dancing at Brenda and stops boogy-ing to assist her:
"Brenda, dear, it is lovely to have you here with us on YWS! So, you write song lyrics? Awesome! I'd love to try that one day, but I stink at finding a tune.....
So, to change your avatar, you go to the little gear on top, click on it, then go to profile. Then you click on "edit avatar." I have some advice, too. If you click on ""display Gallery" then this whole bunch of pictures comes up that you can use. Good luck!

Trav went back to dancing
"Elementary, my dear Watson"
:D :D :D
Spoiler! :
SPOILED!!!

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:38 am
Aet Lindling says...

Aet Lindling sidles in through the back door.
dun worry
it's all gun be k

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:47 am
Bloo says...

Hello
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:47 am
Aet Lindling says...

Hey there, Bolt.
dun worry
it's all gun be k

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:25 pm
View Likes
creativityrules says...

Suddenly, an owl carrying an ancient-looking roll of parchment swoops in through the window. It glides around for a moment, searching for someone; when it sees Rosie, it lets out a delighted screech and lands on her left shoulder. Rosie smiles, reaches up to pet its oil-black feathers, and thanks Fire for the dance.

"Footwig's a bit tired, Nate," she says. "Do you think he could have a pan of water, if that's not too much to ask?"

"Not at all," Nate grins, and rummages through the cabinets for a pan. As Footwig splashes and dips his beak into his water, Rosie unrolls the parchment and reads aloud:

"My dear friend Rosie,

Your owl is truly delightful. During his stay at my cottage he thoroughly eliminated the rodent problems I've been having of late; I haven't seen a mouse for days! You'll see that his wings have healed thoroughly since the unfortunate incident that rendered him flightless; how he caught mice without the aid of his wings, I'll never know.

As grateful as I am to Footwig for exterminating my house, he wasn't able to rid me of my more serious woes. You've probably guessed it by now, but I'll say it anyway: Scather's returned, that dreadful dragon, and he's been pillaging the villages in my area. A few men formed a resistance but they haven't returned yet; Molly Bruberry said she smelled something akin to smoke and barbecue sauce coming from the valley where Scather rests his head.

As much as I regret to ask you this, would you consider coming back and helping us drive him off again? We both know he's not afraid of nearly anyone, but he seems to have some sort of respect for you and I thought you might be able to convince him to return to his vegetarian ways. I'll be hopefully awaiting your reply, but feel free to send it by post and not by owl. I'm sure you want to spend some time with Footwig after his long leave of absence. Please tell him I said hello!

With love,

Marya Tolkyen."

Rosie smiles and absently strokes Footwig's feathers.

"Well, everyone, I suppose I've got to go, now. Can't let Marya down. Keep my seat warm, eh, Nate?"
“...it's better to feel the ache inside me like demons scratching at my heart than it is to feel numb the way a dead body feels when you touch it."

-Brian James

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:32 pm
Lumi says...

Lumi rolls in through the door, finds nothing of interest, and leaves promptly.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:42 pm
TheDayBeforeTomorrow says...

Day looks up absentmindedly and mutters to herself, "Now what was I doing here? Oh, yes. I still have to finish that book. It's been a week. Much too long." And with that, she promptly leaves.
Veni. Vidi. Vici.

People are made of places. They carry with them
hints of jungles or mountains, a tropic grace
or the cool eyes of sea-gazers. -EB

Love thy mangoes or die.

28 Reviews

Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:35 am
KatKage says...

Kat wanders in, and having nothing else to do go sits in semi-dark corner and alters her time from watching everybody intensely to reading to drawing. ^u^
I am a Leaf on the Wind,
Watch me Soar
~
Kyrie Eleison down the road that I must travel,
Kyrie Eleison through darkness of the night

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:13 pm
Love says...

*drops by quickly and leaves*
I was Amareth :)

Writing is the geometry of the soul.