z

Young Writers Society

How many days has it been since Bob last got unhappy?

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:05 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

Duhhhhh... everyone knows that he only likes peppermint sprinkles on his MOCHA coffee, which he only has during Tuesdays.

... you didn't throw away the peppermint sprinkles entirely, did you?
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:53 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

*gasp* How can anyone not like peppermint sprinkles??? D= That’s it. I’m afraid I cannot support the reign of Bob anymore, unless Bob offers a sincere apology to those peppermint sprinkles and happily drinks a mocha coffee with them. (Assuming Snoink has the correct information… Snoink, if this is simply an attempt to aggravate Bob further, I now stand wholeheartedly with you. >.> *waves peppermint sprinkles in Bob’s general direction*)
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:38 pm
View Likes
SilverNight says...

Needless to say, Bob did not like having the peppermint sprinkles waved at him.

~ 0 days since Bob last got unhappy ~

Since we have lost some worshippers and appear to be on a losing streak, I suggest we raise the number of Bob’s daily praise rituals from 18 to 23. Any objections from loyal supporters of Bob?
"silv is obsessed with heists" ~Omni

"silv why didn't you tell me you were obsessed with heists I thought we were friends" ~Ace

"y’all we outnumber silver let’s overthrow her >:]" ~winter

silver (she/they)

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:24 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

Not to be too cynical, but have you forgotten this so soon?

SilverNight wrote:It is with a heavy heart that I must recap the events of yesterday.

On March 21st, YWS was struck with a Category Five Bob Event. The incident was triggered after one of the “mods”/boberators (I will not be naming names) assigned to the job of keeping Bob happy only did seventeen of the eighteen praise rituals Bob needs every day. The results were immediate and disastrous. YWS’ population of chickens was in terrible danger after the Chicken Lit genre received a devastating attack from Bob’s wrath and was nearly destroyed, but with a swift response from the boberator team, the Chicken Lit genre was saved and restored.

It is more important to keep moving forward in the fallout of disasters like these than to dwell on it, so instead of logging a 0 days note yesterday, I decided to log a 1 day note today. Stay hopeful and brave, team— we will get the hang of this.

~ 1 day since Bob last got unhappy ~

... and you want to increase the rituals -- which you already have a hard time completing! -- even more???

Yeah, that's not gonna work. Just give it up... you don't have to cater to every tantrum Bob has. Especially if merely waving peppermint sprinkles is enough for him to lose it...

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:45 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

I think Bob needs to take a few deep breaths and leave for a meditation retreat. Preferably one far away from any other toppings he might insult. >:(

(it's okay, peppermint sprinkles, i love you even if Bob doesn't. []~( ̄▽ ̄)~*)
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:56 am
View Likes
fatherfig says...

im very confused and swayable both sides of this bob thing do your worst id like to be informed
"i dont slay i slaughter, luke i am your father..." ~fatherfig

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:30 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

@tatteredbones, Bob is a tyrant who demands sacrifice whenever the Green Room has too many works in it. Lately, he's been very grumpy...

135 Reviews

Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:52 pm
View Likes
SilverNight says...

Ahem. Bob is a wonderful wizard and it is the hardest thing ever an honor to serve his every need! Sorry, but we've got to go forward with these rituals.

As for @Spearmint's proposal-- would it be worth suggesting a nice, fun vacation to Bob? I hear it might be hard to get him to leave the Green Room though.

~ 1 day since Bob last got unhappy ~

"silv why didn't you tell me you were obsessed with heists I thought we were friends" ~Ace

silver (she/they)

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:26 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

I say no. If we send him on vacation, then we won't be able to afford our office pig. Which would be terrible.

We need to prioritize our needs before the needs of this tyrant.

135 Reviews

Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:31 am
View Likes
SilverNight says...

Okay, okay— maybe we can cut something besides the pig funding. Any suggestions??

~ 2 days since Bob last got unhappy ~

silver (she/they)

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:55 am
View Likes
fatherfig says...

*eats all the sprinkles* there now he cant complain. hmph
"i dont slay i slaughter, luke i am your father..." ~fatherfig

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:02 pm
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

Oh— oh dear. Did you eat all the peppermint sprinkles or… all the sprinkles? Because Bob really likes some of those.
he/she/they

winter you are an adorable bean and I love your bad social awareness xD ~Omni
omni played robin hood, stole winter's brain cell ~Silver
winter is the only person who would survive the machine uprising ~Europa

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701

455 Reviews

Reviews: 455
Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:28 pm
View Likes
Hijinks says...

I wouldn't usually suggest such an extreme measure, but...would it be possible to simply banish Bob from the YWS Kingdom at this point? I mean, let's be honest, this is getting a bit out of control. He's a tyrant who demands constant validation, attention, and costly placation, and frankly we have neither the funds nor manpower to keep this up indefinitely. @_@

Clearly he isn't that influential if half of us don't even know who he is or what his origin is. I really think his reign is being powered solely by the air of mystery that surrounds him. Why can't we just...put him on a boat and send him off to an isolated island? We can make sure it has a similar climate to the dungeon under the green room (mossy, damp - jungle vibes, perhaps?) and we can call it a "vacation" if that will make him more cooperative. Send along a cup of coffee with peppermint sprinkles as well, for good riddance.
When you're faced with something you don't understand, I think the most natural thing but also least interesting thing you can be is afraid.

-- Hank Green

they/them
(previously whatchamacallit and Seirre)

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:30 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

Seirre wrote:I wouldn't usually suggest such an extreme measure, but...would it be possible to simply banish Bob from the YWS Kingdom at this point? I mean, let's be honest, this is getting a bit out of control. He's a tyrant who demands constant validation, attention, and costly placation, and frankly we have neither the funds nor manpower to keep this up indefinitely. @_@

Clearly he isn't that influential if half of us don't even know who he is or what his origin is. I really think his reign is being powered solely by the air of mystery that surrounds him. Why can't we just...put him on a boat send him off to an isolated island? We can make sure it has a similar climate to the dungeon under the green room (mossy, damp - jungle vibes, perhaps?) and we can call it a "vacation" if that will make him more cooperative. Send along a cup of coffee with peppermint sprinkles as well, for good riddance.

Best idea yet.

Be the annoying goose you want to see in the world.
— Welcome to Night Vale