z

Young Writers Society

Open for critiquing

Random avatar

Reviews: 150
Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:06 am
200397 says...

Okay, I'm currently in a writing-rut, and I have decided that the best way to get moving again is to review as much as possible until I am tired of it. That ought to get me going again.

All right, here it is:

Requirements

Only one: please do not ask me to review R rated works. Anything that has sexually explicit comments, scene, etc. and/or excessive swearing does not like me and I do not like it. I will, however, review PG-13 writing. Just not R, 'kay?

What Will I Do?

I will review the following:

-Romantic fiction
-Other fiction
-Advanced Critiques
-Dramatic poetry
-Lyrical poetry
-Fantasy fiction
-Action/Adven. fiction
-Historical fiction

and I'll do my best with:

-Non-fiction
-lyrics
-Sci-Fi
-Scripts
-Art/photography

Payment

FREE! No cost whatsoever. I'll be doing you a favor by critiquing and you'll be doing me a favor by jump-starting my thirst for writing. :)

Advanced Critiques

I DO love these, and if you want me to give it a go, I will. But it will take me twice as long as it would to do a regular review, just so you know. Probably 1 - 2 weeks, if that won't bother you. But I love to nit-pick and make a story as strong as I can. I never tire of it!

Reviews I've Done

Ghostly Aficionado by Monstrar

Hidden Lies and Broken Hearts by KAYYO:

Not All is a Bed of Roses ch.4 by *writewatiwant*

Like A Bullet to the Brain - One by ashleylee

Once A Dream, Always A Nightmare by niccy_v

There are more, but these are some of my best.

So go ahead and give me the link! I'll be happy to get cracking!

~Sunny

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:55 am
cooldude19967 says...

Oh... it's so sad, there's nothing to critique.... I'll fix that!

Would you mind checking out my portfolio and just taking a look at one of the pieces with no reveiws? I've got a good bunch of them, so you can have your pick, but you don't have to do them ALL.

Thanks a bunch!
Ready and willing to rip your work to shreds! (That is if you want it) Check out my "will review for food" thread.

topic42969.html

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:29 pm
Winter's Twelfth Night says...

Hi there! I was hoping you could review these two for me:

Title: Emma Hereford, Prologue
Genre: Historical Fiction
Link: topic43076.html

Title: Emma Hereford- Chapter I Part I
Genre: Historical Fiction
Link: post485656.html#485656

I would like to know what you think of the plot so far. I want it to be interesting, but I'm afraid it might be too cliché. Also, let me know if my character development is weak, if that's a strength of yours. If you catch any spelling or grammar mistakes I would love it if you could point those out as well. Thank you so, so, so (x infinity) much!
-Winter
Mamillius: Merry or sad shall’t be?
Hermione: As merry as you will.
Mamillius: A sad tale’s best for winter. I have one
Of sprites and goblins.

The Winter's Tale

Random avatar

Reviews: 150
Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:02 am
200397 says...

All right! :smt041 I'll get working on them right away! I'm excited about your portfolio, Cooldude. And the same for Emma Hereford, Winter. :wink:

~Sunny

173 Reviews

Reviews: 173
Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:42 am
DreamyAlice says...

Hello, I am one of the res crew mods here on YWS. This is a message just to inform you that I will lock and archive this thread as it is not active anymore. We have to archive and lock the inactive threads to keep the forum organized so no worries, if you'd like to reopen it at any point in the future please contact a current resources moderator, we would be happy to reopen it for you ^-^

-ALICE
Imagination is a superpower. Use it well!

Look closely. The beautiful may be small.
— Immanuel Kant, Philosopher