z

Young Writers Society

The Shredder

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:46 pm
thunder_dude7 says...

GRAND RE-OPENING! After I got mixed up with stuff, I ended up stopping critiquing stuff, so I ended up shutting down shop.

However, I am now re-opening the shop for more requests. The old rules still apply.

Welecome to The Shredder. Do you have any questions?

What do you critique?

I can critique lyrics, fiction, scripts, and photography, with the following exceptions:

-Horror
-Romance/Chick lit
-Fanfiction(depends, actually. Tell me what it's based on, and I might do it)
-Rap music
-Anything rated R

Do you have a limit on how many pieces you'll critique?

I have a waiting list, so you can ask for as many critiques as you want. However, I will critique no more than four of one person's pieces at one time. Once a few pieces are off the waiting list, you can request more.

Can I see your waiting list?

Absolutly!

Wait...empty?

Can I see some samples?

Sure!

Art

Lyrics

Fiction

Can ask for a critique now?

Yes! Just no shoving!

Wow! that was a great critique! What can I do in return?

I don't have anything up that I need critiqued right now, but if I post something anytime soon, I'll let you know.

In the mean time, here are four things you can do, in order of effort required:

1) Thank me in my guestbook
2) Donate points
3) Join the Round Robin Riter Club
4) Enter the Fall Contest!
Last edited by thunder_dude7 on Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:39 pm, edited 8 times in total.

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:56 pm
gyrfalcon says...

Mr. Thunder Dude! :D *is first customer* If you wouldn't mind taking a peek at my newly-reposted prologue and first chapter for Gypsie Eyes, the fantasy story I'm trying to get published, that would be wonderful! Link: topic31678.html

Anything I can do in return?
"In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function...We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~C.S. Lewis

Random avatar

Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:07 pm
thunder_dude7 says...

Just finished it.

As for paying me back, I'll update the first post in a few minutes on possibilities for that.

183 Reviews

Reviews: 183
Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:03 pm
LoveableLittleSock says...

Mr. Falcon, would you be so kind as to critique my entry for JFW's contest? If you give a line-by-line, I have cookies and 70 points waiting for you. So, be harsh? And don't mind the cliche ending involving vampires - I was too uncreative to think of anything else.

This is in "other fiction," so I don't know if you'll want to do it or not. It's like, I guess fantasy... but barely. Anyway, please?

So, here's the link!

topic31662.html

Thanks a bunch!
Got YWS?

140 Reviews

Reviews: 140
Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:53 pm
Sapphire says...

Hey, thunder_dude! Could you take a look at this poem:

Photos and Mementos

Thank you! :)
Click for critiques :)

Dancing through life down at the Ozdust, if only because dust is what we come to – Wicked the Musical

Random avatar

Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:25 pm
thunder_dude7 says...

LLS, sure, I'll do it. But you do realise that this is my thread, right?

Saphire, I'm afraid I don't critique poetry. Sorry. :(

140 Reviews

Reviews: 140
Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:11 am
Sapphire says...

thunder_dude7 wrote:Saphire, I'm afraid I don't critique poetry. Sorry. :(

Oops, no problem! :)
Click for critiques :)

Dancing through life down at the Ozdust, if only because dust is what we come to – Wicked the Musical

183 Reviews

Reviews: 183
Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:31 pm
LoveableLittleSock says...

Oops... Sorry. And thanks! =)
Got YWS?

Random avatar

Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:19 pm
thunder_dude7 says...

No prob, LLS.

Now, one more critique to join the chats...come on people! REQUEST SOMETHING!

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:07 am
chocoholic says...

Still taking requests?

You Knew

My new song. Thanks!
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:06 am
MidnightGladius says...

Whenever you have spare time, kindly take a look at Triple Point, my fantasy novel-in-progress.

topic32169.html
topic32234.html

I'm looking mainly for things that don't seem realistic to you; grammar and usage are fine, too, but it's really the plausibility level that I'm a bit worried about. Do descriptions seem unbelievable? Are timings off? Are there events that just scream "Hold it!"? For an example of what I'm talking about, my review here (topic31974.html) should give you an idea as to what I'm talking about.

Cheers, and thanks in advance!
"It's time to acknowledge the inevitable. Stifle your pride and embrace the glory of change." - Volrath Ishnikar, the Faithless General

Random avatar

Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:42 pm
thunder_dude7 says...

Choco, done.

Midnight, I have somewhere to go now. Expect it done some time tommorow or maybe late tonight.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:51 pm
Medusa says...

If you want to take a look at my romance short story--it's "fragments of indulgence" on the front page of YWS. Greatly appreciated :) Will donate points.

--Medusa.
Alice: If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Random avatar

Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:43 pm
thunder_dude7 says...

Sorry, Medusa, but I'm afraid I can't critique romantic fiction.

Midnight, after I post this, I'm going to critique the first segment, take a break for an hour or so, then critique the second segment. That fine by you?

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:40 pm
MidnightGladius says...

Of course it's fine by me :D. Thanks for being so considerate and keeping me in the loop.
"It's time to acknowledge the inevitable. Stifle your pride and embrace the glory of change." - Volrath Ishnikar, the Faithless General

Carpe Diem
— Catullus