Oh no. Oh no oh no oh no.

183 Reviews

Reviews: 183
Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:39 pm
LoveableLittleSock says...

Heya everybody.
I've come back after thirty years.
Uh, again.
But since summer is approaching I want to get back in the game.
I still don't know whether or not I've lost my touch on being harsh and all that junk,
but if you don't want me to be nice, all you gotta do is ask, and I'll be more than happy to reply.
Last time I skimped out a lot on stories I should have reviewed,
but fear not! I am a changed woman.
Slash girl.
Slash..
reviewer.

So anyway, I'm harsh, unless you ask otherwise. I won't hesitate to tell you a paragraph sucks, or the plot sucks, but that doesn't mean my reviews totally focus on downing your self-esteem. If your plot bites, your characters are shallow, and you can't write if your life depended on it, I'll help you. It's what I'm here for. See, when I critique, I comment on every single line. Every. Single. Line. You could ask for an overall, general review of the story, not an in-depth one, and I'll try. I'll probably fail, but gosh darn-it I'll try. I have no examples or anything at the moment, because I haven't been online in quite a while, but you could just go through my recent posts and find a couple.

Anydoodle, I review everything, pretty much:

FICTION
I usually hang around the romantic fiction forum, so if you've got something posted in there, I'll probably be heading toward that first. But any kind of fiction is wonderful really. I usually tend to stray away from historical fiction, because I don't want to be incorrect or anything, but I'm willing to take some risks.

POETRY
Ah, poetry. I'm not too experienced within that field, but don't think I won't hesitate to rip it apart. I'm usually a sucker for narrative and lyrical poetry, but any kind of genre is fine. There's nothing I really won't critique. Just PM me or something if I misinterpret your poem or I make you cry or...

MISCELLANEOUS
Scripts? Essays? Song Lyrics? Photography? I'll be happy to do them all. Please don't refrain from asking me if you're not sure I'll do it - I'll try my damnedest to get it done.

But please,
do not ask for more than one critique at a time. I hate it when people give me four stories or poems, as if they're the one person who wants a review. It takes me an hour or two to critique like, 2000 words. If you post more than one link, I'll ignore any others besides the first one. Please wait until I finish your first request before you ask me for the second.
If I take longer than 3 days to get to your story, PM me and I'll try to get right on it, along with giving you a lousy excuse and apology.

And I don't charge points or anything for reviews. They'd be nice, I guess. Donate points if you want, that'd be wonderful and awesome of you :] With that being said, feel free to submit your request for a critique.
Last edited by LoveableLittleSock on Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Got YWS?

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:28 am
Crouching Tuna says...

Hello!

Here's my first piece here, only the prologue for now though.

topic49035.html

edit:
So anyways, it'll be a fantasy, adventure/action, philosophical a bit, kind of novel.
Please be as harsh as you can. My intention on writing this novel is to make it epic. Something that can match The Lord of the Rings(heheheh), so yes, if you really know how to make it better, story-wise, plot-wise, character-wise, please do so.

cheers,
Tuna

(I just edited a review request post, is that unusual? @_@ )
Picture is worth a thousand words, but it uses up 3000 times the memory.

216 Reviews

Reviews: 216
Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:18 pm
asxz says...

Hi! I would like you to review my story. It's chapter four in a book that I am writing, but at the begining of the first part there is a quick brief over what has happened so far. I really want a harsh critique, so rip it to shreads; PLEASE!

Link: Part ONE:
Part TWO:
Thank you so much!

Yo can rewiew the first link, and then follow onto the second link. I don't mind if it takes you twice as long, be ause it should! Thanking you again!
::XoX::KeepWriting::XoX::

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Writing is 3% talent and 97% not being distracted by the internet

216 Reviews

Reviews: 216
Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 am
asxz says...

Ah... sorry if those links don't work, here are some that do!

[part one]
[part two]
Uhhh... they should work! Thanks for telling me!
::XoX::KeepWriting::XoX::

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Writing is 3% talent and 97% not being distracted by the internet

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:55 pm
JFW1415 says...

Night Walker

'tis a poem. =]

*loves*

~JFW1415

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:39 am
Carlito says...

Oooh! I'm excited! :D

I'm not sure if this is okay cause I posted several songs on the same thread...
topic45292.html

Take as long as you need and please tear them apart! :D

Thanks much!
-Carly
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:54 pm
Bickazer says...

It's been a while, so I don't know if you remember...but yeah, those Vicissitudes stories? They're kind of lacking in love, and would love your love again.

Well, that sentence didn't make any sense. >_>

Here's the first story, to refresh your memory, but you can start from whichever point you like (because I remember you already reviewed some of them): topic37792.html
Ah, it is an empty movement. That is an empty movement. It is.

183 Reviews

Reviews: 183
Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:51 pm
LoveableLittleSock says...

Carly and JFW, I got to yours. They're sort of crap because I'm tired and I'm no good at lyrics or poetry, but enjoy nevertheless.

Bickazer, I'll get to yours soon. you have like 30 million of those stories, and so I'll get to each one.. soon. I'll try :]

And asxz, I pmed you about this, only one piece. Just give me one. But I'll get to the first one soon, I promise

:D
Got YWS?

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:42 am
Carlito says...

Can I request another one? (If not just ignore).
topic41163.html
Again, please tear apart. I know they could use some work :) And again, take as long as you need. :)

Thanks!
-Carly
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:05 am
DakotaK says...

Hi!
I was wondering if you would be willing to review my entry for Rosie Unicorn's contest. It's PG & Fantasy Fiction.
~Dakota

topic50754.html

P.S. I don't mind harsh criticism, it helps me learn and that's what I'm all about here:)
What is important is to know fear and yet take a step forward.
Rosette Christopher

Looking for peeps to review my novel:)

novel.php?id=1142

173 Reviews

Reviews: 173
Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:45 am
DreamyAlice says...

Hello, I am one of the res crew mods here on YWS. This is a message just to inform you that I will lock and archive this thread as it is not active anymore. We have to archive and lock the inactive threads to keep the forum organized so no worries, if you'd like to reopen it at any point in the future please contact a current resources moderator, we would be happy to reopen it for you ^-^

-ALICE
Imagination is a superpower. Use it well!

"The rules of capitalization are so unfair to the words in the middle of a sentence."
— John Green, Paper Towns