Camp NaNo: Working Title

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:12 pm
View Likes
starbean says...

TITLE: WORKING TITLE
Elevator Pitch:
Twelve-year-old Everly Lutsenko has lived in small-town Central Oregon her whole life and can't imagine being anywhere else. Life isn't perfect- being the middle child isn't easy, especially when your siblings are both superstars- but for the most part, she's happy. But after her older sister, Lena, is diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes and the bills become insurmountable, they sell their home in Seneca and move to a cramped apartment above a convenience store that her dad decides to run as the family business. Things were supposed to be easier in Billings, but they aren't- Dad's depression and PTSD brought on by his time in Afghanistan are getting worse, her siblings are growing more attention-seeking every day, at school she must face terrible bullies, and on top of it all the one person she could talk to isn't there anymore.
But then she meets Ms. Poverly, her young and kind English teacher, and Yana and Mysha, two big-hearted Ukrainian refugees, and they're able to help her when she can't help herself. For a while, it seems like she might be able to do it all on her own, but as things get worse in every aspect of her life she might finally have to ask for help. And maybe, just maybe, things will finally get better.
Goals:
finish first draft! (I'm already 50k in)
come up with a good title
she/her————pro-life————Christian————climber of rocks, trees, and rooftops----reader of poetry, Antoine de Saint Exupery, Pam Munoz Ryan, and Anthony Doerr
"She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain." -Louisa May Alcott

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:12 pm
View Likes
Carlito says...

I remember this from NaNo!! I still think there are so many cool elements here that you're exploring, and I wish you the best of luck with crossing that finish line!! <3
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

224 Reviews

Reviews: 224
Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:23 pm
View Likes
AmayaStatham says...

You have a beautiful concept <3 And 50K!?! All the best Star!

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:29 pm
View Likes
EllieMae says...

Spoiler! :
This sounds incredible :D
”Life can only be understood backward, but it must be lived forwards (so you might as well do Duolingo ).”

Was ailah2005
Then AilahEvelynMae
and is now EllieMae

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:26 pm
View Likes
starbean says...

Day 1: finished chapter 41, i'll figure out word count later today but it's probably around 55,000 words. on track so far!
she/her————pro-life————Christian————climber of rocks, trees, and rooftops----reader of poetry, Antoine de Saint Exupery, Pam Munoz Ryan, and Anthony Doerr
"She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain." -Louisa May Alcott

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:47 pm
Spearmint says...

Spoiler! :
Hooray!! :D Awesome job, starbean!!
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

I think Amelia Earhart wants you to get some ice cream.
— SilverNight