659 Reviews

Reviews: 659
Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:47 am
View Likes
RandomTalks says...

8. Song Challenge

Spoiler! :
phpBB [media]

This song has been stuck in my head for the past few days and I guess it also fits the theme of the story, so why not? Besides,for some reason I can clearly imagine Evelyn listening to this song in the car in an attempt to tune out the world - I might actually end up including a scene like that.
“Life’s under no obligation to give us what we expect. We take what we get and are thankful it’s no worse than it is.”

― Margaret Mitchell

659 Reviews

Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:58 am
View Likes
RandomTalks says...

Day 1

Daily Wordcount: 412

Camp NaNo Wordcount: 412

A bit of a slow start to the month - established the setting and barely got to introduce my characters (which in retrospect, might be an indication to cut short the descriptions in the beginning and integrate them into the story later, since this is something I usually struggle with).
“Life’s under no obligation to give us what we expect. We take what we get and are thankful it’s no worse than it is.”

― Margaret Mitchell

659 Reviews

Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:48 am
View Likes
RandomTalks says...

Day 2

Daily Wordcount: 531

Camp NaNo Wordcount: 943

― Margaret Mitchell

659 Reviews

Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:06 pm
View Likes
RandomTalks says...

Day 3

Daily Wordcount: 601

Camp NaNo Wordcount: 1544

Still ceeping along slowly, but this one was a heavy section to write and its making me feel as though Eve is her own biggest antagonist at the moment.

An excerpt:

Spoiler! :
Several emotions assaulted her at once. The thoughts that had deserted her mind in the time that mattered, the answers that had evaded her until then - everything swirled inside her in a tangled mess. But it was too late.

She'd failed. She was done for.

Her heart felt too heavy in her chest and she wished there was some way to pluck it out and get rid of the weight. But she couldn't move. She couldn't do anything but sit there and swallow back broken sobs that went unheard by the world around her.

What now?

She wondered, but she had no answer.

― Margaret Mitchell

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:54 am
View Likes
Lael says...

I really like how your writing sounds in this excerpt. The way you word things is very pretty :)
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

659 Reviews

Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:05 pm
View Likes
RandomTalks says...

Thank you, @Lael!

― Margaret Mitchell

659 Reviews

Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:20 pm
View Likes
RandomTalks says...

Day 5

Daily Wordcount: 621

Camp NaNo Wordcount: 2165

Missed a day because of school but we are back on track. Today I got around to exploring the relationship between Allison and Eve and I think I struggled with it a bit. Here's to hoping I have better luck with these two tomorrow since they form one of the central relationships in the novella and I really need them to work.

― Margaret Mitchell

659 Reviews

Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:06 am
View Likes
RandomTalks says...

Day 6

Daily Wordcount: 221

Camp NaNo Wordcount: 2386

― Margaret Mitchell

659 Reviews

Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:09 am
View Likes
RandomTalks says...

Day 7

Daily Wordcount: 782

Camp NaNo Wordcount: 3168

Really enjoyed writing some of the more quiet scenes today. However, I've realized that I spend too much time fumbling around the plot so I might need to pick up the pace a little. Will work on that tomorrow!

An excerpt:

Spoiler! :
It was a clear night and a few minutes past midnight. Still, the city around her had more life than she could muster from her bones. It zoomed past her with an unrelenting speed, without a pause of consideration, and she wondered absently if that was life. Inconsiderate and unrelenting and always moving.

― Margaret Mitchell

659 Reviews

Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:32 am
View Likes
RandomTalks says...

Day 8

Daily Wordcount: 182

Camp NaNo Wordcount: 3350

A little late with the update, but didn't really get to make much progress either - just established the setting for the next scene, and that's all.

― Margaret Mitchell

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Sun Apr 09, 2023 11:13 am
View Likes
Liminality says...

Spoiler! :
Hey, all progress is progress, RandomTalks! 3K+ words at this point is impressive!
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

659 Reviews

Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:44 pm
View Likes
RandomTalks says...

Day 9

Daily Wordcount: 953

Camp NaNo Wordcount: 4303

Covered one of the more intense scenes today and had almost too much fun creating fires between the three of them. Let's hope I can put them out as well since I do want the story to end with some kind of resolution before I set up for the sequel.

An excerpt:

Spoiler! :
"Listen, I can't arrange my life according to your mood swings okay? So if you could stop thinking about yourself for one damned second, I think it would benefit us all at the moment."

"Oh, so now I am only thinking about myself?"

She could see that he was preparing for battle, but by that point, she was done. There was nothing worth fighting for here. She knew that now.

"Yes, you are. You always are. And if you weren't, you would have realized you broke our mother's heart last night when you shut that door on her face. You would've shown remorse, Jake, you would've felt something. But since we both know you aren't capable of any of that, can you please stop wasting more of our time?"

― Margaret Mitchell

659 Reviews

Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:09 pm
View Likes
RandomTalks says...

Day 10

Daily Wordcount: 108

Camp NaNo Wordcount: 4411

I think its inevitable that the really great writing days always have to be followed by really slow days when you struggle to get a single, decent paragraph out, but anyways...

― Margaret Mitchell

659 Reviews

Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:28 am
View Likes
RandomTalks says...

Day 11

Daily Wordcount: 643

Camp NaNo Wordcount: 5054

Had a lot of fun writing more of the lighthearted and silly scenes today. These little moments are one way to show the relationship they once shared with each other. And its kind of the calm before the story, that is, until Lily enters the scene.

An excerpt:

Spoiler! :
"How do you still not know how to tie a tie? What do you even wear to school?"

He threw his arms up dramatically and she resisted the urge to roll her eyes.

"Hey, you used to tie my ties for me. Its not my fault you stopped offering."

"Yeah, and the last time I remember doing that was like two years ago!"

He shrugged. "Well, its not like ties need to be washed, you know."

She did not know whether to focus on his statement or its implication. "You mean to say you have been using the same tie that I tied for you, for the last two years?"

He looked at her like he was confused why they were still having this conversation and wasting his precious time.

"What do you want me to say? Youtube tutorials suck."

She shook her head and threw the shirt in his face. "You're an idiot."

― Margaret Mitchell

659 Reviews

Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:41 am
View Likes
RandomTalks says...

Day 14

Daily Wordcount: 471

Camp NaNo Wordcount: 5525

I had been staying with a friend for the last two days so I didn't get any writing done. But now we are back on the track and our characters are ready for the road!

An excerpt:

Spoiler! :
"You know, we had to wake up quite early today and you are definitely not used to such long trips. You should close your eyes for a minute, take some rest."

Lily shook her head defiantly and started fidgeting with the music player once again.

"But I am not even a little bit tired!

10 minutes later, she was out like a light.

― Margaret Mitchell

Congratulations!
— Magestorrrow