z

Young Writers Society

Two Crows Watch from the Gallows Tree (part 9)

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Sat May 14, 2022 3:55 am
View Likes
Shady says...

"Oh." Ky rubbed her abdomen again, glancing towards where she'd left the heating stone by the hearth. Perhaps she'd give it a try. Or perhaps she'd get over herself. "I mean... it's not that bad. I'm just a wimp. But it's okay. It doesn't bother me that much."

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Sat May 14, 2022 3:57 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"My cramps sometimes lay me out for hours." Sera smiled slightly. "It'd no fun at all. But tea and heat helps a lot." She rose. "I'll fetch you some cloths. Do you want anything else?"
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

935 Reviews

Sat May 14, 2022 3:57 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky shook her head. "... no... thank you."

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Sat May 14, 2022 3:59 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Alright. How are you feeling right now, aside from the cramps?"
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

she/her

935 Reviews

Sat May 14, 2022 4:01 am
View Likes
Shady says...

"I don't know." Ky shrugged. There were entirely too many things competing for her attention just then. Physical. Mental. Emotional. Not to mention all the things she was actively repressing and refusing to think about. "... how should I be feeling?"

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Sat May 14, 2022 4:04 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"However you need to feel. There's no real right or wrong emotion for any given time. You just...feel, and that's how it is." She sighed. "Take some time to yourself for a little while. I'll be back with some cloths in a few minutes and then I'll leave you be." She turned toward the door, then paused. "You're free to leave your room, by the way."

she/her

935 Reviews

Sat May 14, 2022 4:07 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Oh.

Right.

That.

Gods. This had been an emotional rollercoaster.

And then it struck her what she was allowing to happen -- Sera fetching things for her. She stood up. "Do you want me to just come grab them? No point in having to climb the stairs twice."

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Sat May 14, 2022 4:09 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Not at all." She shook her head. "Lie down and find a comfortable position so your cramps don't hurt too badly. I'll be back!"

she/her

935 Reviews

Sat May 14, 2022 4:11 am
View Likes
Shady says...

"Okay..." Ky dipped her head and sat back down on the edge of the bed. She glanced at the heating stone, but was fairly convinced it was going to hurt her if she tried to use it. Especially given how today was going for her. So she just settled back onto her pillows instead.

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Sat May 14, 2022 4:12 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Sera departed, glancing over her shoulder at Ky before she left.

she/her

935 Reviews

Sat May 14, 2022 4:15 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky laid back, but it stretched on her abdomen and made it hurt. Besides. She had contraband to clean up, apparently. Since apparently, she thought the absolute worst of Gaius, when reality was frankly mild. At least. Sera wanted it to be mild. And, well, if Gaius tasked her with a job like this, he probably trusted her judgment. Perhaps he would have spoken a different punishment in anger. But. Well. For now. She was basically not getting punished.

By anything but her own brain.

But the stack of her things was just sitting there mocking her so she popped back up to start putting things away. She still didn't un-hide her box from Papa, though. Just in case.

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Sat May 14, 2022 4:33 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Sera returned several minutes later with a neat little box and knocked again.

she/her

935 Reviews

Sat May 14, 2022 4:34 am
View Likes
Shady says...

"Uh!...come in." Ky had not, in fact, laid back down and gotten comfortable like she'd been told. She was basically done gathering up her things now, though, and awkwardly set her sword down on top of her dresser as she turned towards the door.

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Sat May 14, 2022 1:03 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Sera entered and set the box down near Ky's bed. "Just fold them two or three times and tie the corners around your smallclothes," she told her. "That ought to be it!"

she/her

935 Reviews

Sat May 14, 2022 1:16 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky looked at them dubiously. “And then what?”

[they/he]

I think the best thing about making it into the quote generator is when nobody tells you, so one day you're just scrolling and voila, some phenomenally inane thing that crawled out of your dying synapses and immediately regretted being born the second it made contact with the air has been archived for all time. Or worse, a remark of only average inanity. Never tell me when you've put me in the generator. Pride-tinged regret just doesn't taste the same without the spice of surprise.
— SirenCymbaline