z

Young Writers Society

Two Crows Watch from the Gallows Tree

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:07 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Sure! Would you like to skip over to the point of departure or sometime thereabouts or would you like to stick close to where we were?)
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

Formerly RavenLord; GrandWild
she/her

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:09 am
View Likes
Shady says...

(uhhhh do you have a preference? I don't have a strong opinion)

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

115 Reviews

Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:13 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(No real preference; if you'd like to get to know Tomhas and the Tarrs better we can do that, but if you'd like to speed it along we can show Aleth, Ky, and Tadaaki leaving Wolf Keep or getting to Serpent Keep shortly after Gaius sends Pratik away, or we can have their stays overlap. It's up to you!)
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

she/her

935 Reviews

Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:15 am
View Likes
Shady says...

(Okay so I had this idea actually, 100% no pressure, but I was thinking it could be kinda fun to way later in the RP after we play out everything we want to, Pratik ends up coming back to Ash and then they happen to stumble upon Aleth mistreating Ky and that be the way Aleth gets discovered, because Ash won't tolerate that, and Pratik knows exactly who Aleth is and would absolutely rat him out to Ash lol

Uhhh... I actually really like Loquitur xD So I wouldn't be opposed to more interactions between them, if you have more ideas? But I don't really know what direction we could take that in)

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:22 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(That would be perfect. Absolutely perfect.)

(And we can absolutely have more interactions with them! Maybe a quick interlude to while Ky and Aleth and Tadaaki are dieting and Tomhas catches one or all of them alone for a chit-chat?)

she/her

935 Reviews

Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:25 am
View Likes
Shady says...

(Love it! Let's do that. Do you wanna start that? Tadaaki could be fun, since I also don't know much about him. Or Ky, cause she'd desperate for more kindness xD But I'm good for any of them! Take your pick)

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:28 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Unless you feel like developing Tadaaki, I'd like to have a Ky or Aleth exchange. The dynamics between them and Tomhas are very interesting, but at the same time I think Tomhas would be trying to get to know Tadaaki as well. We could always do all three.)

she/her

935 Reviews

Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:30 am
View Likes
Shady says...

(Sure! Ky and Tadaaki definitely will not say anything at all when Aleth is with them. I kinda like the Ky/Tomhas dynamics, and eventually it could be cool to have Tadaaki come in, but I'd be down for Ky now if you're good with that??)

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:45 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Sounds good!)

Nearly a week had passed since the decision was made to send Aleth and his servants to Serpent Keep. The departure as well as Aleth's beating was scheduled for tomorrow, and as the dawn cracked the horizon Tomhas found himself restless.

He often wandered the halls when he was at home and couldn't sleep; Anneke was a heavy sleeper and he hated bothering her. He was supposed to be the happy brother, the one who came out of Serpent Keep with a smile and a shrug. He was the one who had carried his brother, who was nearly twice his size at that point, up to the infirmary when Michael had shattered his leg. He'd stood in the way when Lord Septimus had cut a switch and gone after Cecily with it.

Gaius had done things for him and Cecily, too, but they weighed on him so heavily. Tomhas had seen it in the sloped shoulders and premature wrinkles, and he was beginning to see those same wrinkles in his own face.

Was he being the supporter now? Was he doing what was right by starving these people and sending him off to that tired man old before his time? Tomhas knew he was harming Gaius as much as he was harming Ky and Tadaaki--he didn't care so much about Aleth--and he knew he really ought to set things right with him. But after what he had done to their mother...that heartless cruelty of an abandoned son...Tomhas couldn't forgive that. Lady Gwynna was dead and gone now, buried beside one of her many tormentors, but he was set on defending her memory. It didn't matter what she had said to Gaius or what she had done to his family; that was no excuse.

Tomhas eventually wound up wandering these halls the same as he did in Caracal Keep. This Keep had a different feel to it; Tomhas had made House Loquitur his home even after the atrocities Lord Brogan had committed. The halls there were warm and decorated while these ones were bare stone, scarred with countless battles.
It was unnerving.

she/her

935 Reviews

Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:57 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky was hungry. She'd been hungry. And she knew she'd continue to be hungry. They no longer joined the family for meals, since it was awkward to sit there and smell the delicious food and not be allowed to eat it.

So, they had one small ration of food delivered to their room each evening. A few berries and some cooked vegetables. Things that would fill them up without adding many calories. Well... kind of fill them up. It wasn't much food at all, and Aleth took most of it for himself. Tonight, he'd taken it all. Last night, too. And the night before. How many days had it actually been since she'd last eaten? Three?

She was starting to get light-headed. Just go drink some water, maybe it'll fill your stomach up so it doesn't hurt so much. She slipped out of bed and wandered down the hall, rubbing her eyes and staring at the stone floor. She wasn't actually quite sure how she was going to make it back up the stairs if she went down to the kitchen to ask for water. But that was a problem for future-Ky. For now. Water.

The world spun. Ky blinked hard, but a strange pang ran through her whole body and she felt even dizzier. She took a clumsy step forward and stumbled into the wall, putting her hand out to catch herself, and took several deep breaths, trying to calm the dizziness.

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:02 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Tomhas was a few steps down the hall when he heard Ky come out of her room. He turned in time to see her stumble and took a step forward, but she caught herself. Gods, she looked like a skeleton already!
"Are you alright?" he whisper-shouted across the hallway, a fresh wave of guilt washing over him. This was his fault. He and Gaius were at fault because they couldn't resolve their differences like adults, and this child was suffering for it.

she/her

935 Reviews

Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:06 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Panic surged through Ky, gaze snapping up when she heard Loquitur's voice. She instinctively took a step backward, but was still dizzy, and ended up stumbling backward into the wall. She looked at him, panicked. Why was he here? At such an ungodly hour. She was just -- she... she looked at him with wide eyes, nodding. "Yes, sir."

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:10 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"You look terrible." He didn't advance, keeping his distance. "Dear gods, have you eaten anything at all? I mean..." A smile twitched up at the corners of his mouth against his will. "Snow's knickers, you could pass for my brother. Or a corpse."

she/her

935 Reviews

Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:14 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky looked back down the hall towards Aleth's room, uneasy. What if he came out? She wanted to run back to her room, but she couldn't do that. So the next best thing was to distance herself from Aleth's door, so he wouldn't overhear... even though that meant walking towards Loquitur. There was no way to win this.

She pulled her hand away from the wall and took a few deliberate steps, forcing herself not to stumble or touch the wall. "It's been a few days," she murmured. "But I'm fine. I'm just thirsty."

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:17 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"You've been provided with small meals," Tomhas said in confusion. "Is it really that bad?" Was this how Gaius felt all the time? On the verge of collapse, barely able to stand up?

she/her

Noelle, you can lead a writer to their computer and give them coffee, but you can't make them write.
— CowLogic