z

Young Writers Society

Two Crows Watch from the Gallows Tree (cont'd)

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:54 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky hesitated, a pang of sympathy running through her. Lyra might quite possibly have it worse than Ky ever had. Aleth had raped her once, when they first met, but since had kept his abuse purely physical or emotional rather than sexual. She couldn’t even imagine what Tarr was doing to poor Lyra. Her voice was gentle when she spoke again. "Perhaps adulthood will also be better, once we get through these dreadful teenage years."

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:09 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Lyra gave a small nod, uncomfortably aware of Anneliese's eyes on her. "Perhaps." She could only hope that was true, that her parents would keep her safe at home. Even if it meant losing Tarr's support, however selfish that made Lyra feel.
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

Formerly RavenLord; GrandWild
she/her

935 Reviews

Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:15 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

“Anyhow.” Ky cleared her throat, trying to think of how to divert the awkwardness of the situation. However bad Ky and Lyra had had it, it seemed like Anneliese still had her youthful innocence, and Ky certainly wasn’t going to be the one to ruin that. She held up the cards. “Shall we?”

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:27 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Oh." Lyra picked her cards up. "Yes. I'd nearly forgotten."
"Back to trivialities, eh?" Anneliese said with false cheer. "Whose turn was it?"
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

she/her

935 Reviews

Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:30 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

“I don’t know,” Ky said, fanning out her cards to look at them.

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:34 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"I think it's yours, Ky," Lyra said. Anneliese had gone last, as she remembered it.

she/her

935 Reviews

Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:38 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

“Oh… um…” Ky looked at the board then back at her hand, not quite sure she fully grasped the rules. But she took a blue card and held it out to the pile she thought it might go on. “Like this?”

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:40 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Right." Anneliese leaned forward. "So you'll need a red 2 for that pile next, then a blue ace. Or you can play on another pile."

she/her

935 Reviews

Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:42 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

"Oh." Ky looked at her hand again, then grinned when she realized she had the red 2. She played it on the pile, then looked at the other stacks. "So... I could put a yellow 7 on that one?"

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:49 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"You're getting it," Anneliese encouraged her. "I knew Mother had a good hand!"
"Mother's also quite good at this game in general," Lyra pointed out.

she/her

935 Reviews

Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:55 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

“A woman of many talents,” Ky complimented. She played the card then looked up. “I think that’s all I can do. Do I have to draw now?”

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:56 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Nope, only if you can't play at the beginning of your turn. Your turn, Lyra." Lyra gazed at her hand and picked out a green Lady, placing it below the red Lord that had been played previously.

she/her

935 Reviews

Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:58 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky nodded, tucking away the piece of information. “Do you all play this game often?”

(I have a meeting so I won’t be able to answer for the next hour)

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:01 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Okie dokie. Would you like to skip to Pratik or somewhere else when you return?)

"We have a lot of games we play," Anneliese replied. "We do love this one, though."

she/her

935 Reviews

Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:55 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

(Sure! That sounds good to me ^-^ Do you have ideas for what Pratik can do? Like I'm totally down for him to just watch and absorb and I'm enjoying getting to know more about the Tarr backstory and such, but I feel like you've got the entirety of the burden of moving the story forward since Pratik is just going to keep his head down and be the good little slave boy and do as he's told haha like, I'm happy writing them and am enjoying it, this isn't a complaint. I just feel a teeny bit directionless in regards to that situation and am not sure how I can make Pratik a more interesting character while him also avoiding a beating lol)

(Although I am fine with Pratik taking a bit of a thrashing if that's what comes from the story haha I just don't want him seriously injured like Aleth was. I feel like if it got to that point he'd fight back and would be formidable once he was, which would entirely ruin the point of him being there lol)

[they/he]

I don't have much knowledge about marsupials.
— ForeverYoung