z

Young Writers Society

Two Crows Watch from the Gallows Tree (part 4)

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:09 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Mattathias jutted out his chin but shrugged. "It's okay. I'm not a liar."
"You can go ahead and run," Tomhas said. "We've got long hallways and you won't bump into anybody, I don't think."
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:12 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

"Papaaaaaa," Tasia whined, prancing in place as she looked up at him pleadingly.

Tadaaki took a deep breath, then shrugged. "It's his house. Go for it."

Tasia whirled around before Tadaaki finished getting it out and sprinted down the hall as fast as her little legs would possibly take her.

Tadaaki shook his head with a little laugh, watching her go.

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

112 Reviews

Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:20 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"CHEATING!" Mattathias yelled and took off after her, followed closely by Marcella and Oscar. Tomhas chuckled.
"Play nice, you three!" he called after them, then turned to Tadaaki. "They're sweet kids, really."
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

she/her

935 Reviews

Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:21 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

"They seem like it," Tadaaki agreed with a smile. "I'm sure they're enjoying having their cousins around."

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:26 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"They've certainly missed each other. All Oscar would talk about these past three months is 'why can't I go see Mattathias and Marcella? Why can't they come play?'" A twinge of guilt passed through him; that was all his fault. And Gaius's, too.

she/her

935 Reviews

Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:28 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Tadaaki sobered a bit and he nodded. How was he even supposed to respond to that? He wasn't good at being diplomatic or quick on his feet. He hesitated a long moment, trying to think of a polite response. "I'm happy they're able to see each other again."

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:43 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"As am I." Tomhas forced a brighter smile. "Let's go see if the food's ready, shall we?"

she/her

935 Reviews

Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:46 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

"Yes, sir!" Tadaaki said with a smile, stepping up to walk with Tomhas.

Aashi fell back to walk with Ky.

"Ahh, I'm so excited to get to know you," Aashi said, attempting to whisper -- but utterly failing. She opened her arms like she wanted to hug Ky again, but didn't, yet; instead looking at Ky with a question in her expression.

Ky nodded, appreciating that Aashi asked this time.

Aashi wrapped Ky in another tight hug, then linked her arm through Ky's as they started walking again. "You and I are going to be good friends, I think."

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:08 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Tomhas glanced at Tadaaki. "So. Life treating you better now? You're all settled, I trust?"

she/her

935 Reviews

Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:10 am
View Likes
Shady says...

"Yes, sir." Tadaaki dipped his head. "Life is treating me so much better now. The man I used to intern with has been very gracious and took me back to work with him -- as an employee this time. I've discovered I'd lost a lot of skills during my time... well... not using them. But I'm nearly back up to speed and my employer has been very patient with me."

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:16 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Ah, that's wonderful!" He grinned. "I'm glad of that. What are you working as again?"

she/her

935 Reviews

Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:19 am
View Likes
Shady says...

"A carpenter!" Tadaaki answered, mirroring his grin. "I used to be good at making homeware -- doors, cabinets, things of the like. But lately he's got me on carving out dishes and utensils and I've gotta say, I'm having a lot of fun with that."

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:25 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"That's great!" Tomhas nodded approvingly. "Carpentry always seemed like loads of fun. Lots of skill involved, of course."

she/her

935 Reviews

Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:26 am
View Likes
Shady says...

"Yes, sir!" Tadaaki agreed with another grin. "It took a bit to get my old carpentry calluses back, but it's not so bad now. And there's something satisfying about getting to sand a bowl to perfection."

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:32 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"I'll have to put in an order for some of those bowls sometime," Tomhas mused. "Ours are a bit clumsily made, I'm afraid. My father had terrible attention to detail!"

she/her

You are going to love some of your characters because they are you, or some facet of you, and you are going to hate some characters for the same reason.
— Anne Lamott