z

Young Writers Society

Two Crows Watch from the Gallows Tree (part 16)

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:00 am
View Likes
Shady says...

She glanced around and spotted a fist-sized rock. She bent quickly and grabbed it then threw it with surprising speed and accuracy, hoping it would make it through the underbrush with enough speed to scare off the beast.

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:17 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

It hit Rönn squarely on the nose, and he surged upward in surprise, rubbing his face. That had stung.
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

935 Reviews

Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:14 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Jerica stumbled backward with eyes wide. “Fuck!” She forced her shoulders to square. “Hyah! Go!” Fuck fuck fuck.

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:25 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Rönn grimaced at her, still rubbing his nose ruefully. Then he drew his head back and roared at her.
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

she/her

935 Reviews

Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:13 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Jerica screamed and threw one of her knives for his neck on reflex.

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:59 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

It thunked in and stuck there. Rönn snarled with pain as dark blood spurted out, and he surged toward her, reaching out to grab her. That had hurt; enough was enough.

she/her

935 Reviews

Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:05 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Jerica scuttled backward, reaching into her pocket for another dagger and making an overhanded pass for the other side of his neck, even though she had to leap way up to be able to reach. Her eyes were wide with terror, chest tight and heart racing.

What the fuck was this monstrosity?

This— this— giant… goat?

For the briefest moment she had the realization it was probably the beast from the story the grumpy old woman had told her about. But all she remembered from that was man-eater and she was even more determined to get away.

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:09 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

This knife landed too. He tugged both of the knives out, staining his hand read with his own blood. All he saw was the girl; she'd hurt him and she needed to pay, and he was starving, so hungry...

she/her

935 Reviews

Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:17 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

What the fuck?

She reached for the dagger strapped to her forearm, fumbling in the coldness. She was more scared than she’d been in a long, long time. She finally got it free and stabbed for his chest since it was the nearest thing to her.

(He is welcome to grab her at any time lol)

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:18 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(He intends to)

He leaned into it this time, letting the dagger pierce his heart and using the momentum to grab her tightly around the neck. He slammed her against a tree, squeezing.

she/her

935 Reviews

Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:19 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

She choked, coughing as she clawed at his hand. When she saw it wasn’t going to budge she yanked the dagger free and made another pass at his neck, this time in a swiping motion in hopes of slicing him open.

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:22 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

He knocked the blade away with his muzzle, causing a nick on his face. He tightened his grip, intending to snap her trachea. Then he saw the bracelet on his wrist, and his breathing slowed. No killing. He'd promised he'd do better and try to be more human. He loosened his grip, exhaling slowly.

she/her

935 Reviews

Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:26 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Jerica coughed loudly, getting her feet between them and kicking as hard as she could to try to get him away from her. Tears were involuntarily stinging her eyes. Gods. This was it. He fucking had her.

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:28 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

He let go of her without much resistance, looking down at himself. His clothes were torn. They'd ripped while he was getting into them, but they were tatters about the shoulders now.

she/her

935 Reviews

Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:30 pm
Shady says...

Jerica landed on the ground heavily, light headed. But she scuttled away immediately, on her hands and feet backwards as she did her best to distance herself while not turning her back. She reached down to her ankle to get another dagger. Why had he let her go? What the fuck was this?

[they/he]

Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results.
— Willie Nelson