z

Young Writers Society

Two Crows Watch from the Gallows Tree (part 15)

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:04 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(He was there the longest out of any of his stays as I recall
So I would guess over a decade. He'd definitely remember Jer if he saw her and they'd interacted in the past; he had a soft spot for the kids who weren't assholes to him.)

"He's been taken care of," Gaius went on smoothly. "I'm working on Makata; it will take some time."
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:09 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

(Okay that would be adorable I’d absolutely be down for him being her nanny. Her cool I’m-better-than-you persona she’s been maintaining around Gaius would crack in an instant. I can absolutely see her being a Rickard stan lol I had an idea for a flashback I could see how it played out so maybe I’ll poke around with that and see what you think. But would you want Rickard and Jer to run into each other as soon as this meeting with the boys ended so Gaius would know Rickard knew Jer and Co so he could get the tea? Lol)

“I’ll help,” Derik said with a nod. “I’ve got a fair bit of influence down there. I just didn’t know the bastard was kidnapping children.”

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

112 Reviews

Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:13 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Hell yeah that's a great idea!! I'd love to see that flashback!
I think if Rickard ran into Derik he would actually faint. He still might.)

"Any help I can get would be appreciated; thank you." Gaius dipped his head.
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

she/her

935 Reviews

Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:16 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

(Awww buddy! Derik would have been very nice to him because he appreciated how much Jerica loved Rickard, but also I know he’s Super Scary War Lord so I can see Rickard being scared of him haha)

Derik nodded to him. “I appreciate you letting me know. That behavior is absolutely unacceptable, even if he hadn’t hurt my niece. It’s doubly abhorrent now that I know he did.”

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:20 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(He would have fully believed Gaius got someone to take him away)

He nodded grimly.
"So what's the plan now?" Tomhas asked.

she/her

935 Reviews

Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:22 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

(Wait what?)

“Now…” Derik sighed, propping his foot up on one of the chairs to lean against his knee. “We wait. I’ll take my dependents with me into the village and wait it out until Zander gets here. Then the four of us can meet and come up with a game plan. Then introduce the girls, if we decide to go that route.”

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:28 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Like of he saw Derik he would have believed Gaius tracked down one of his old masters to take him back. Or one of them had decided they wanted him back)

Gaius's eyes slid to where the foot rested on the chair and stayed there. "Then that's what we'll do. Your stay at the inn will be paid for, as will your meals. Do note there's a brothel next door and an abundance of evening ladies and gentlemen in the inn as well; if you're not comfortable with your children being in or around one of those establishments we can find more suitable accommodations."

she/her

935 Reviews

Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:33 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

(Awww oh no that’s reasonable tho. Maybe I’ll make Derik be the last out of the office so Rickard doesn’t see him at first lol he’d probably be conflicted about seeing Jerica though, if that’s the case. Or maybe not, if he still thought of her as a child rather than a master, seeing as Jerica was unaware he was a slave lol)

“Hmm…” Derik thought for a moment. His kids had already seen war. He was hardly worried about prostitutes. “Would it be like that in the day times? I don’t think I can keep them cooped up in their rooms 2 weeks straight, but I could certainly limit their time downstairs in the evenings if it ends up being too much.”

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:36 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(I think he had a lot of affection for her but generally tried not to get too obviously attached to the kids for his and their safety. He'd definitely be nervous about Jer being there but not terrified.)

"Evening and night," Tomhas replied. "Maybe late afternoon if the day before was slow."

she/her

935 Reviews

Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:37 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

(That’s totally fair)

Derik nodded. “That’s fine, then. We’ll make do.”

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:40 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Glad to hear it." Gaius drummed his fingers on the table, shoulders tense. "Does that conclude our meeting?"

she/her

935 Reviews

Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:41 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

“That’s all on my end.” Derik nodded, dropping his foot and straightening his shoulders as he glanced over at Tomhas.

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:42 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"I think that's all I can say and ask," Tomhas sighed, rising. "Good to meet you, Derik."
"We'll let you have one night here," Gaius added.

she/her

935 Reviews

Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:43 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

“You as well.” Derik nodded to him, then glanced at Gaius with a raised eyebrow. “As you wish.”

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:46 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"I expect you're tired, and the darker it gets the more dangerous it is to travel. You can leave in the morning."

she/her

A true poet does not bother to be poetical. Nor does a nursery gardener scent his roses.
— Jean Cocteau