z

Young Writers Society

Two Crows Watch from the Gallows Tree (part 3)

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:38 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky smiled at him. He has an easy air about him. She liked it. “I’ll try my best.”

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:41 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"You'll do great," he promised. "It's very easy, and unless you're talking to Gaius Ash you'll find everyone next to impossible to offend."
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

935 Reviews

Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:45 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky laughed, then sobered suddenly. She shouldn’t have laughed at that. Never laugh at a joke at Ash’s expense. That was rude. She flushed in an instant, not sure what to say in her defense. There was no defense. “I shouldn’t have—“ she shook her head, still blushing. “Sorry. I, uh, sorry. I’m glad to hear that. I talk too much for my own good. I hope I don’t offend anyone… sorry,” she added for good measure.

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:50 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"No, it was funny. He's got a stick up his ass--with good reason, certainly--but if you can't joke about serious things then you'll never find a way to be happy. In my experience, at least." Wick blew out a warm breath into the frozen air. "I shouldn't have made that joke, I suppose. But it's half serious. You'll know he's offended if he gets really quiet and his eyes go all distant. But sometimes he does that when he's not offended, too."
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

she/her

935 Reviews

Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:52 am
View Likes
Shady says...

“Um, yes, I think Ms. Ana might have offended him a little inside,” Ky admitted. “It was, ah……… kind of icy.”

Was that an insult? She hoped not.

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:53 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Did she?" Wick's eyebrows shot up. "My aunt? My aunt offended her favorite baking assistant? How?"

she/her

935 Reviews

Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:59 am
View Likes
Shady says...

“I, um, I-I don’t mean to be gossiping.” Ky flushed an even deeper red. She shouldn’t have mentioned that, either. But, then, she’d just been asked a direct question. It’d be even more rude to decline an answer. “I… she just… I don’t think she…” she shouldn’t be making value judgments for people, either. “She kind of… scolded him? About the war…”

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:01 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Ohh." Wick nodded, dawning realization on his face. "She was talking about that on the way here. We were all upset with both of them when it happened; she couldn't wrap her head around why Gaius could hate his only brother so much for something so small compared to..." He gestured tensely. "...It just shouldn't be."

she/her

935 Reviews

Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:04 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky nodded. She, also, felt like Ash was mostly the one to blame. But, she knew she didn’t have any business having an opinion on the matter. Not to mention, she was pretty sure Tomhas could ask her to cut her own pinky off at this point and she’d still think he was reasonable.

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:05 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Is that what brings you out here?" he asked, tilting his head. "I don't blame you; you could cut the air with a knife when Gaius gets upset."

she/her

935 Reviews

Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:10 am
View Likes
Shady says...

“Oh, it, ah… it was pretty tense,” she admitted. “But then he left. And then his wife followed him—“ somehow it was so much easier to use terms like that than first names. “And then Anneke and your aunt went to the kitchen and then it was just me and Anneliese and we talked for a while and then, um… we came out here… which maybe I should have to begin with.”

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:12 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Well, good thing you came out when you did. I consider myself a great talker, but Tomhas was wearing my ears out with his chatter. You know how he is." He smiled.

she/her

935 Reviews

Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:14 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky grinned at him. “I appreciate the company… you’re far less..” terrifying. “Ah, well… you’re easier to talk to.”

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:15 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"I get that a lot." Wick looked back up at the mountain cat. "I think perhaps the hedgehog's my spirit animal. Pity there are no sculptures of that here."

she/her

935 Reviews

Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:17 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky smiled, following his gaze. “Perhaps you could ask for one?”

[they/he]