z

Young Writers Society

Two Crows Watch from the Gallows Tree (cont'd)

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:04 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Gaius made eye contact with him, sitting perfectly still. Sera glanced between them.
Tomhas frowned, looking at Gaius. From where he was sitting he couldn't see him reaching for the dagger, but his posture was off. Something was going on. He looked back to Ky, who was frantically dabbing at the mead.
"Would you like some more?" he asked awkwardly.

(Tomhas rolling a near critical miss on perception like)
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:21 am
View Likes
Shady says...

(Hahaha)

“Um…” Ky kept her gaze on the table, but started feeling inordinately awkward and couldn’t handle it anymore. She looked up guiltily and glanced at Loquitur for the briefest moment, then back at her mess. “Yes? Sir?”

(I’m at dinner so I’ll be slow but I’ll try to keep answering)

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

112 Reviews

Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:24 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(No worries, take your time!)

Tomhas dipped his head and poured her more mead, then passed her the glass. The energy in the tent was suddenly very uncomfortable. Everyone seemed to be holding their breath for some reason.
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

she/her

935 Reviews

Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:42 am
View Likes
Shady says...

“Thank you,” she squeaked. It was even more tense now than it had been. She’d made things worse. And she didn’t know how to make it better.

“Do you need another napkin?” Aleth asked, deciding to try to assist the redirect. He leaned forward, holding his out to her.

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:45 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Gaius watched them both like a hawk about to dive on its prey, eyes wide open and gaze piercing. Tomhas twitched toward Ky, then stopped himself. He knew Gaius knew now, but causing a scene wouldn't help anyone.

she/her

935 Reviews

Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:51 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky couldn’t handle it. She stood suddenly. “I have to use the restroom excuse me.”

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:53 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

The whole table was silent, all eyes on either the Lords, Aleth, or Ky. Tomhas gave a tiny nod. Gaius remained still as stone, save for his maimed hand. It grew increasingly restless with each passing minute.

(Ohoho my gosh)

she/her

935 Reviews

Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:57 am
View Likes
Shady says...

(Hahaha Ky is like I AM OUT)

Ky stumbled away from the table, face beet red, and rushed from the tent.

She hated herself. She was just as stupid and weak as Aleth always said.

The cold hit her face like a brick wall, making her eyes sting. Or maybe they were already tearing up. She wasn’t sure.

Aleth watched her go. She was such an idiot. But, then, she’d just isolated herself. Like the idiot she was. “…actually, I could use some relief myself,” he said, standing up. “Excuse me.”

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:01 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Tomhas stood, but General Wai tugged him down. Gaius looked between them but made no move to get up. He would wait a moment before inserting himself into the situation. Tomhas was impulsive; he might make matters worse.

(Oh god oh god oh god)

(But the soldiers? The soldiers can help? No. No, I'll get Gaius or Tomhas out there. Oh snap)

she/her

935 Reviews

Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:17 am
View Likes
Shady says...

(Ahaha let’s kill himmmmmm)

Ky stumbled away from the tent and grabbed a fistful of snow, pressing it against her face to cool her flushed skin.

Oh god she’d ruined everything.

Some thanks this was — getting adopted and then losing the war for him.

“You fucking idiot.” She whirled around as she heard Aleth right behind her.

“You’re the one who wouldn’t stop staring at me!” She snarled, lashing out through sheer fear alone.

“Oh, you wanna talk, do you?” He stormed towards her. “Go on, then. I’m listening.”

Ky stumbled further away from him, as fast as she could. “Someone’s going to hear!”

“I hope they fucking do,” he snarled, lunging towards her.

She leapt to the side, all but sprinting back towards the tent. She turned back towards him.

“That fucker can’t protect you and you know it.”

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:19 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(We killing him now? I can wait)

Gaius and Tomhas stood in unison. Tomhas already had his sword out, and he rushed out of the tent. Gaius limped after him, suppressing a snarl of pain as the quickened gait strained his bad leg.
"Sara was right about him, wasn't she?" he asked Tomhas, but Tomhas was already well ahead of him.

she/her

935 Reviews

Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:29 am
View Likes
Shady says...

“You’re ruining everything!” she was all but shouting now, unable to meter her tone. She was backing away from him, nearer the tent. Not that it’d do her any good. She couldn’t very well go running back inside. She needed to get to the horses.

“I’ll ruin you!”

She darted backward as he lunged at her again.

“YOU CANT DO THIS IM A NOBLE NOW!”

She didn’t think it was possible, but he was even more enraged than before. She shouldn’t have said that. Should not have said that.

What had might have only been a beating before had just turned into a death sentence.

She turned on her heel and sprinted as hard as she could past the entrance of the tent, trying to get to the horses, Aleth close behind.

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:31 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Tomhas sprinted after them, leaping at Aleth the moment he was close enough and stabbing at the back of Aleth's neck. He wouldn't hurt her again. Tomhas wouldn't allow it, so long as he lived. He'd rip the man apart if he had to. Gaius, unable to keep up, stood panting in the snow and watched.

(We can drag it out into a tussle, kill him now, leave him alive to be imprisoned or escape. It's your call; I'll let you decide if and when something hits.)

she/her

935 Reviews

Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:34 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Aleth sensed someone behind him and ducked at the last moment. He whirled around on Loquitur, ready for a fight.

Ky kept sprinting as hard as she could.

“Stay out of this!” Aleth snarled. “She’s my slave and you know it!”

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:36 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Fuck you!" Tomhas retorted, swinging at him again. "You were dead the moment you rode out of that Keep, Aleth. She's not under your control anymore, and she never will be."
A few soldiers had come out of their tents to watch this. Gaius's men looked to him, but he shook his head. He'd let Tomhas take care of this. Aleth didn't stand much of a chance without a weapon.

she/her

I was promis'd on a time, To have a reason for my rhyme: From that time unto this season, I receiv'd nor rhyme nor reason.
— Edmund Spenser