z

Young Writers Society

Two Crows Watch from the Gallows Tree (part 10)

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Sat May 28, 2022 4:03 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

He dipped his head. "Excellent. Please bring it to me when you've finished. I'll be in my study."
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

Formerly RavenLord; GrandWild
she/her

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Sat May 28, 2022 4:03 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

“Okay!” She nodded again. “Will do.”

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

115 Reviews

Sat May 28, 2022 4:12 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Gaius turned toward the door. "That concludes this, conversation, then. Thank you for speaking with me."
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

she/her

935 Reviews

Sat May 28, 2022 4:14 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Always so formal. She nodded yet again. “Thank you.”

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Sat May 28, 2022 4:21 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Only more formal when you've broken his trust)

Gaius gave her a nod and left the room. That had been fairly painless. And her letter would hopefully do most of the talking.

she/her

935 Reviews

Sat May 28, 2022 4:28 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

(*cringe*)

Right. Letter. Yes. She gently shut the door after him and decided to wait for a few minutes before she went. She didn’t want to walk with him. That was always so awkward — continuing on with someone after you’d said goodbye. Not that they’d actually said goodbye. But. Well. Still. She was absolutely certain neither of them wanted to prolong this interaction. They still weren’t friends again, yet. She didn’t want to push her luck.

What did she even want to say?

She needed to make her case. He was going to say yes, obviously. But if Gaius had any doubt whatsoever, then she needed to sell it. Ensure it was a yes. It was going to hurt her feelings very badly if he said no. But he wasn’t going to do that. He was going to say yes. And she was going to be home in a few weeks. Very long weeks. But still just weeks.

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Sat May 28, 2022 4:33 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Oh my god)

Gaius headed to his office to begin drafting his own letter. It would have to be carefully worded, but it would have to convince Tomhas to allow Ky home. She was falling apart here without him--he knew how to handle her. She'd be safer there, not because of the walls--Caracal Keep wasn't nearly as secure as Serpent Keep; that's why she was here in the first place--but she would have some emotional and mental security there. Tomhas had to understand.

she/her

935 Reviews

Sat May 28, 2022 4:38 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

(It’s gonna crush her haha)

Once Ky was reasonably certain Gaius would be off the stairs, she headed towards them herself and went to the writing room. It felt awkward, writing this many letters in a row without waiting for a response. But. Well. It was important.

The greeting was still something she wanted to avoid entirely. So. Best to just jump into it head first.

Hi again! I apologize for so many letters in so few days, but this has been a very eventful week.

Sara is going to visit her family soon to make sure that they are doing okay and to explain the situation to them. She’s going to bring me back with her when she comes. But Gaius thought it was best to check with you before we start on the journey, to verify that you both want this as well.

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Sat May 28, 2022 4:46 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Gaius reached his office and sat down to write.
Tomhas,
I apologize for the flood of letters you will soon be receiving from Serpent Keep. The past week has brought chaos that was impossible for anyone but the most acute Seers to predict. In light of the events detailed in my previous letter, Ky wishes to return home to you, which she will explain in a letter of her own that you will find packaged with this one.

she/her

935 Reviews

Sat May 28, 2022 4:50 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

It will still be many weeks before we can get there, obviously, since we won’t be leaving until after you say it’s okay. But soon. That way we can all be together with all things going on these days — so we can have proof we’re all okay, rather than having to worry about each other while we’re so far apart.

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Sat May 28, 2022 4:54 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

I defer to you on this decision, Tomhas, though I must stress to you that I think this is for the best. Lyra is quite well and I expect she wishes to stay here--but Ky is fading. I know you did not expect her to thrive when you sent her here, but she is doing the very opposite. She has spent most of her time locked in her room, and she seems to be sinking deeper into depression with each day. The situation with the gods only serves to make her more anxious. I worry we may lose her if we do nothing.

she/her

935 Reviews

Sat May 28, 2022 4:58 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

I hope this will be my last letter for a bit, since that will mean things have calmed down here. And I hope to hear that none of these things have happened close to you all. It’s all been a lot to process and I can tell you all about it once I get there. And Sara, too, of course.

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Sat May 28, 2022 5:01 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

I understand if you say no--I expect it. You want her safe and there are trolls about. But take this into consideration, and if you still don't wish her to travel then at least send someone to comfort her, to be a friend to her. Sara is trying and Lyra seems to be getting along with her, but it isn't nearly enough. Tadaaki seems to be her only comfort.

she/her

935 Reviews

Sat May 28, 2022 5:04 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Anyhow, I think that’s about all I have since I already wrote you so many letters before this. I just wanted to be sure that you know I want to come back so I thought I’d send a letter along with Gaius’s.

All my

… love.

very best wishes,
Ky

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Sat May 28, 2022 5:20 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

I will keep this brief; I hope you will take my words and Ky's into account. Ideally there will be no letters following this one for quite some time.
Be well, brother, and stay safe.
Regards,
Gaius Ash

she/her

We always talk about the "doers" and "dreamers" but I'd like to give a big shoutout to the "tryers".
— Hannah Hart