Young Writers Society

I Survived a Roleplay Realm Game Show

184 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 184
Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:05 am
View Likes
veeren says...

Almost as quickly as the last round ended, the new round begun. Lordy didn't expect to thrown back into the arena so suddenly. He at least wanted a little more alone time to mourn the loss of his cherished rum by the hands of Jerica. I mean... it was her right?

But now, as if irony and fate had wandered off in secret to make love and had accidentally given birth to the bastard named chance, he was sitting face to face with the very same person who responsible for him losing his beloved flask- holding a shot glass, no less.

"So they say if we don't speak in questions, we have to drink?" Lordy scratched his beard, "Then let me drink."

Right on cue, Lordy's glass bubbled up with a brown
Carina wrote:poopy-lookin

liquid and floated up to his mouth. Before he had time to react, he found himself savoring the bitter and familiar taste of the mysterious shot. Slight nausea, something he wasn't used to, as well as a tingling light-headedness took over his body.

"Well ain't that something?"
"Love is the name for our pursuit of wholeness, for our desire to be complete."
-Plato's Symposium

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:13 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Jerica was starting to feel like she should stop trying to get herself oriented to this hellhole, because every time it felt like she got close, things got much, much worse.

She didn't even have time to be properly offended at getting coated in pie, before they sprayed her with water that was coming at a frankly alarming rate, and then dried her off.

She felt like a wet cat, even though she was perfectly dry again. She took a deep breath when she finally came to a stop in front of Lordy. She grinned a bit when she saw that they both had shot glasses in front of them.

Finally the respect they deserved. After the heartbreak of losing the rum, no less. She hoped the little girl would come through for her. Or the mother. She really couldn't care less at this point. As long as she got liquored up -- and soon -- she'd be happy.

She started queueing up all the things she could say.

Oh no. Liquor. Whatever will I do--? Wait, no, that was a question. She needed statements. I hate this a lot. I hope I don't have to drink. Cheers, Lordy.

She stopped short when she saw the vile liquid that dumped itself down Lordy's throat without giving him a say in the matter.

Spoiler! :

She looked at him a long moment, cringing. "And how was that?"

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

184 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:19 am
View Likes
veeren says...

Lrdy looked down at his glas and then back up to Jeruca.

"Y don't u try it for urself?"
-Plato's Symposium

935 Reviews

Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:26 am
View Likes
Shady says...

"Do I want to?" She looked at him skeptically, getting warier with each moment that passed. She was fairly certain that Lordy's liver was in a similar condition to her own, and if a single shot did that to him? She might have been tempted if she hadn't seen it. "That doesn't look fun...?"

She pulled her tone up into a question at the last moment, but it was too late. The shot glass filled and seemed to pass straight through her grasp as she tried to defend herself from it. It dumped down her throat. She gagged. "Fuck--"

The glass started to fill again.

"-- Was that supposed to be?" she added hastily.

The liquid in the glass bubbled back into oblivion, having as much attitude as a shot glass could have.

She looked at Lordy hazily, brain already feeling a bit slow. "What is... they giving us?"

[they/he]

184 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:34 am
View Likes
veeren says...

Lordy scratched his head in thoght.

"Wouldn't u like to know? All i can say is... dn sɯoʇʇoq : )"

The glass filled up once mor and rocketed straigt to lordys mouth. he barely had time to react before the sensaton ovewhrlemd him ahain.

"oHw the k=FcU ar yA???"
-Plato's Symposium

935 Reviews

Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:24 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Jerica blinked at him.

Her stomach still felt vaguely unsettled, like the mystery liquid was in there churning like it owned the place.

Her thoughts were getting progressively slower and muddled. She couldn't tell if it was pleasant or not. The few coherent thoughts she had left were all screaming at her not to take another shot. To not even attempt to ask questions, so she couldn't screw it up.

She groaned and put her head in her hands, vision swimming as she looked down at the shot glass. She rubbed her face. "[BLEEP]."

The glass filled. Her eyes went wide and she yanked her head back, but it was no use. The liquid dumped down her throat again. She did a dramatic bleck and tried to look around, but her vision was too blurred. She heard horrendous piano music coming from... all around her? She didn't know.

Her brain felt too bad. And her stomach. And her soul.

"Shit."

She spluttered as the shot glass attacked her again. She couldn't think. Couldn't move. She put her hands on the table and then collapsed on top of them with a whimper. "y,iz-dis-da ... bad... plc???"

[they/he]

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:37 am
View Likes
Carina says...

All of a sudden, penguins started to swam the room. Specifically, penguins with instruments. The sound of K.K.'s piano started being drowned by penguins playing a boss tuba song.

Image Image

phpBB [media]

They circled Jerica and Lordy as the lights began to dim and fire began to consume the room. The penguins seemed to be getting closer and closer, becoming more tight-knit while they marched and danced around them, playing their instruments.

phpBB [media]
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

saint carina, patron saint of rp
—SilverNight

935 Reviews

Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:47 am
View Likes
Shady says...

She'd been drugged.

Her heart felt like it was matching the beat of the music -- which was a problem since the beat was going much, much faster than she felt like her pulse should be going. She kept her eyes closed, breathing heavily, trying to calm the way the music grated at her nerves.

She vaguely felt like this had happened before -- music loud enough to overwhelm her and fear to go along. For a brief moment, she thought she remembered a backseat? Whatever that meant.

It's just drugs.

And drugs wore off. Eventually. All she had to do was keep her head down and stay focused on breathing. And not talking. Her mouth was getting her into trouble, yet again. What a surprise.

At least it wasn't as bad as the injections.

But it made her think of them. Specifically, the first time.

The way the room had warped and seemed to be fluid, never staying where she left it. All of the flashes of colors. The way the very floor beneath her seemed to betray her when she tried to retreat. The monsters advancing on her. The way the bones cracked under her palm when she tried to fend them off. She hadn't meant to--

There is no physician here. You're not going to hurt anyone. Not this time.

She tried to take a deep breath, but it was impossible. Her breaths were short and rapid and ragged and nothing she tried to do could fix that.

Spoiler! :

You. Can't. Hurt. Him.

It wasn't like you could hurt someone after they were dead, anyway. But he still haunted her. He had for a decade. And now he was back. She put her fists over her ears, eyes screwed shut as tightly as they would go.

He wasn't here.

This wasn't real.

None of it was real.

It couldn't be.

Open your eyes. There's nothing there. You'll see. Nothing.

She swallowed hard, steeling her nerves. It's just the drugs. When she opened her eyes, she'd be back on the stage. With Lordy. And the shot glasses. And the audience. And that damnable dog.

She opened her eyes.

Spoiler! :

There was fire. And a... she didn't know what they were. But there were a lot of them. And they were getting closer. And closer. And closer.

She stared at them a long moment, horrified.

Spoiler! :

They're not real. They're not real. They're not--

THEY WERE TOO CLOSE.

Jerica scrambled forward. She didn't know where she was going, but she couldn't just sit here. She put her hands on the table and pulled herself on top, knocking the shot glasses off. The table was much too small for her, but there was no other way away from them.

She stopped short when she saw Lordy.

He looked the same, maybe a little blurred. But...

That confused her even more.

Was he part of the hallucination? Or was this real? If she was about to burn to death, she wished they would just get on with it already.

She stared at him for a moment, then shuffled backward. She put her hand down behind her to catch her weight, but there was no table left. She flipped off it backward, landing flat on her back. This hallucination would be a lot easier if she hadn't lost all semblance of coordination.

The evil spirits were getting even closer.

Jerica gathered herself up as best as she could and scrambled backward, hitting her head off the edge of the table. She grabbed the leg and flipped the table, hitting herself on the chin with it as it toppled over. She desperately pulled it closer to her.

Spoiler! :

She backed until she felt her chair behind her back, then pulled the table around her so that the legs boxed her in.

Spoiler! :

This isn't real.

She pulled her knees up to her chest and rocked back and forth, eye screwed shut.

Spoiler! :

It can't be

She covered her face with her hands and tipped onto her side, miserably waiting for this hell to end.

Spoiler! :

[they/he]

184 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:26 am
View Likes
veeren says...

Lordy wished he had any hint of an idea as to what was going on, but he was too busy trying not to fall off the chair - even though he wasn't even moving, mind you - to pay attention to whatever fiasco Jerica was in the middle of.

At this point he was surrounded by a bunch of hairless dogs on their hind legs, probably some of K.K.'s children, and a giant fire was set ablaze somewhere nearby. He didn't have enough depth perception at the moment to grasp how near or far it was.

"aHH oooooʍ is it h aWt in here r is it jst :smt002 :smt047 ¿¿¿" Lordy hoped that came out as a question.

The beat, however, was resurrecting a primal sense within Lordy that he thought he had long forgotten. It started with his foot, then moved to his hips, and before he knew it, he was bopping his head along with the beat. He tried his hardest but he could no longer resist the urge to get up and shake what his mama gave him.

So in as graceful a motion as a man with no sense of balance or shame could, he rose from his chair and began grooving to the beat.

Spoiler! :

It was only moments before he hit them with the

Spoiler! :

And he couldn't stop himself from banging out the patented

Spoiler! :

There was no more contest. Just dance.
-Plato's Symposium

147 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:51 am
View Likes
Carina says...

The boss tuba song suddenly ended, and the entire room went dark. It looked like the round was over, but the timer was still counting.

Suddenly, music started playing, and lights flashed pink. The entire stage had transformed to... well, a stage.

phpBB [media]

As soon as K.K. started to sing, he walked down the stage slowly, mic in hand, dressed like a boss a$$ bitch. Because he became a female dog.

As he began to sing, the penguins started to come in behind him, dancing and stepping along to be his dance crew.

Several penguins lifted Jerica up to gently place her next to K.K., and some other penguins danced next to Lordy to shuffle him towards K.K. The two contestants were standing right next to the singing dog for the whole audience to see.

And then...

... the beat dropped...

... and suddenly confetti spilled everywhere.

Fireworks boomed as the song raged on.

chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

—SilverNight

935 Reviews

Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:29 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Jerica was becoming increasingly convinced that she was about to be sacrificed to Realm Gods. The music, the devils -- there was no other explanation.

Spoiler! :

But then

Spoiler! :

The song suddenly shifted from a sacrificial dirge to an equally offensive peppy song. The whole stage went pink and the little evil spirits carried her up to be next to that damned dog. As they set her upright, pieces slowly began fitting together.

She wiped her tears away, embarrassed. Apparently, it'd all been yet another one of their schemes. She'd forgotten K.K. existed for a few moments. But now it made more sense, the devil dancing with his demons.

She stood and stared at K.K. dancing and Lordy seeming perfectly content dancing along as well. Her shoulders sagged. This day just kept getting worse and worse and worse. But it was nice that she had to ask questions instead of the instructions being swapped because she had far more questions than answers just then. Especially when they started getting assaulted with falling paper and sky explosions. Namely:

Spoiler! :

Her muddled brain tried to piece together what was happening and what she needed to be doing to win.

Spoiler! :

It seemed she needed to be dancing. She sighed.

Spoiler! :
phpBB [media]

To hell with it, if I can pun I can dance.

Spoiler! :

[they/he]

184 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:40 am
View Likes
veeren says...

Lordy's gaze turned to Jerica as she joined in with moves of what could only be described as a cat with no legs. He turned to face her.

"jer EEEKA is tht nnnoʎ?¿" He yelled towards her, getting closer.

He winked at her with both eyes as he approached.

Spoiler! :

He let the beat drop before he gave her the work

Spoiler! :

"👁 nevr knew n could da=cne, dis U?" he asked her.
-Plato's Symposium

935 Reviews

Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:52 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Jerica stopped dancing as Lordy came over to her and closed his eyes dramatically before opening them again. She stared at him as he turned around and... she'd need bleach later. She didn't want to know that his hips could do that.

"u kal dat dencin?"

At this point, what did she even have to lose?

She turned her back to his back and started mimicking him.

Spoiler! :

And then suddenly she was on her back, decidedly refusing to look at Lordy. She definitely didn't want to see anything more "dancing" from this angle.

[they/he]

147 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:11 am
View Likes
Carina says...

The rave K.K. Bubblegum song ended right when the timer reached zero, and then everything stopped. The confetti stopped pouring from the ceiling, the audience stopped screaming and moving, and the rave lights turned off. Everything was eerily silent, still, and dark.

Suddenly a neon light towards the top of the stage lit up that count down the scores.

NUMBER OF SHOTS

JERICA - 3
LORDY - 2

The lights flashed for a few moments, and in the darkness, a seat zipped up to Lordy (who was still dancing without music) and scooped him up. Him being in his seat very slowly started to sober him up as the seat rolled back to the side stage with the other contestants.

The neon lights then turned off with only Jerica on the stage in the dark.

But then the lights came back on, and people started to appear.

"This is So You Think You Can Dance," a random woman whose name wasn't K.K. said into a mic.

phpBB [media]

The audience cheered and credits began to roll as the music and lights came on, and random people started to dance on the stage surrounding Jerica.

THIS IS THE mild HUMILIATION ROUND!
because this round was totally already not humiliating by itself!

Created by
@Carina

JERICA IS THE LOSER!

Produced by
@ShadowVyper

LORDY IS THE WINNER, KIND OF!

Banana'ed by
@veeren

The random people started to dance in-between Jerica, and one dancer in particular was giving her wide eyes.

"This segment is being recorded to be shown across the entire Roleplay Realm," he hissed as he picked her up, pretending this was part of the move while giving her the opportunity to pose. "You're our star. DO SOMETHING!"
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

—SilverNight

935 Reviews

Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:38 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Finally, the stage went dark, and she had a moment of hope that the hell was over. But no. The lights came on and the chair kidnapped Lordy and the force pulled her up to her feet.

"So u tink u can dance" -- no, I know I can dance, just not to ur shitee musik

People even weirder than Lordy started crowding the stage.

Spoiler! :

Some rando grabbed her and started rambling about a recording, whatever that was supposed to mean. He scooped her into his arms, ordering her to do something. She shoved the hilt of her sword out of the way as it dug into her side.

She didn't understand what was happening at all.

But, she was good at being led -- even drunk.

So she just went with it, following his lead.

Spoiler! :

He dipped her, then spun around and dipped even further. She still didn't understand, but added a dramatic flourish with her arm.
Spoiler! :

And then suddenly the stage went dark again. The dude dropped her flat on her back and wandered off. She groaned but couldn't be bothered to get up. Luckily, her chair came to kidnap her, too.
Spoiler! :
phpBB [media]

[they/he]

I was weeping as much for him as her; we do sometimes pity creatures that have none of the feeling either for themselves or others.
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights