z

Young Writers Society

Two Crows Watch from the Gallows Tree (part 6)

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:41 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Gaius didn't return it; he was still uncomfortable with her energy and questions. He simply nodded in return and forced himself to keep talking. "The orrery is also something of a wonder. A new room had to be built to accommodate it, which included a dome that was quite difficult to design and build. We're quite proud of it."
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

Formerly RavenLord; GrandWild
she/her

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:47 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

“What is that?” Aashi asked, now a bit sheepish. Was he annoyed with her? Surely he’d just heard Ky explicitly tell her to start asking questions. She was more than happy for someone else to take control of this conversation.

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

115 Reviews

Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:49 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

He'd made her uncomfortable. Gaius sighed inwardly; why did he have to go and lie like that? Why couldn't he have just let well enough alone?
"It shows our world in relation to other worlds, the sun, and the moon," he replied. "It's a massive machine that you can manipulate to show different dates and times, like a giant calendar."
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

she/her

935 Reviews

Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:02 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

“Oh… wow!” She didn’t understand most of what he’d just said. “That sounds very complex.”

Ky resisted the urge to nod.

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:04 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"It is," Gaius agreed. "I struggle to understand it myself, at times. That's why we have an expert in the library."

she/her

935 Reviews

Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:07 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky looked at him. Both surprised and relieved that he’d admitted it first. Maybe he didn’t think her a complete fool for not grasping the concept, yet.

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:08 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Gaius was silent; he had nothing more to say and was sure Aashi would continue distracting everyone with her questions if she so desired. If not, he'd find something else to talk about.

she/her

935 Reviews

Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:15 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Aashi nodded, not sure how to respond to that. Somehow, now that it was forced, she had far less to say. Especially since Gaius didn’t seem to like her. She wasn’t sure what she’d done wrong. “…um… are they like… teachers, then?”

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:17 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Librarians," he corrected. "They catalogue the books in the library and study them, thus becoming experts on certain subjects. The one I mentioned was the royal astronomer to the Grand Reputations some years ago."

she/her

935 Reviews

Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:32 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

“Oh, neat!”

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:33 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Gaius nodded. "She's certainly a character."

she/her

935 Reviews

Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:37 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

“How so?”

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:00 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Well." Gaius tilted his head. "I won't speak ill of my employees at the dinner table."

she/her

935 Reviews

Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:07 am
View Likes
Shady says...

“Oh!” Aashi’s eyebrows shot up st that. So Aashi wasn’t the only person he didn’t like. That was nice. Ky also raised an eyebrow. Aashi continued, “I understand.”

(Yooo so I keep falling back asleep, and as I doze off I have mini dreams about this where my brain keeps imagining what’s going to happen next and is no where even remotely close to actually fitting with our storyline lol)

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:13 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Dude you need to actually get some rest then! I'm running out of things to say anyway; there's a lot of people to keep track of. Wanna revisit this tomorrow or later tonight?)

she/her

There is nothing more radical or counter-cultural, at the moment, than laying down one’s cynicism in favour of tender vulnerability.
— John Green